Identified! KY - Henderson Co., UnsMale UP15652, on Ohio River island, Aug'16 - Randall Austin Jr.

concernedmother

Reaction score
I clicked on this thread today because I must have somehow missed it earlier. I don't know how, since it's been up for a few months and is semi-local (or at least in my state).

I searched around and didn't find any more/newer info. But I did come across something I remembered from a few years ago that was honest-to-goodness STUPID. It was apparently some "creative writing" that actually wound up on some bona fide news outlets. Thankfully, the story was quickly pulled from the "real" news.
Does anybody else remember this crap?

At least 17 Bodies Found In Ohio River Near Henderson, Kentucky
Empire News
7/7/2014
A mass burial ground was discovered by divers near Henderson, Kentucky yesterday, after a local man walking his dog had alerted police that he thought he saw someone floating down the Ohio River.

Police searched the area, and discovered at least 17 bodies in different stages of dismemberment and decay. The bodies were all found wrapped individually in plastic bags.
Several attempts were made to resuscitate at least one of the dismembered bodies, with no avail.

“Kentucky law requires that an attempt be made to resuscitate if possible,” said Joseph Goldsmith, a member of the search and rescue team. “I know it seemed to be a long-shot, given the body was in several different pieces, but they require us to make an attempt.”

Empire News is intended for entertainment purposes only. Our website and social media content uses only fictional names, except in cases of public figure and celebrity parody or satirization. Any other use of real names is accidental and coincidental.

Hmmm... I wonder if the unidentified skeletal remains are related to that. I'm from this area as well and I missed the news of the mass burial ground near Henderson also. That's interesting I don't remember hearing anything about it. I'm just 30 minutes from Henderson and you would think with Henderson being a small community news would have traveled fast. I wonder if the remains were male or female. I would think we would have heard by now. There are so many people missing in the tristate area. I would love to see the Megan Nichols and Heather Teague case get solved.

Hmmm... I wonder if the unidentified skeletal remains are related to that. I'm from this area as well and I missed the news of the mass burial ground near Henderson also. That's interesting I don't remember hearing anything about it. I'm just 30 minutes from Henderson and you would think with Henderson being a small community news would have traveled fast. I wonder if the remains were male or female. I would think we would have heard by now. There are so many people missing in the tristate area. I would love to see the Megan Nichols and Heather Teague case get solved.

After I first saw the "huge mass-murder" story, I could only find a few mentions of it in the news... Which was actually good, since it was "blatantly fake news" before "fake news" gained so much popularity in the discussions about all of the election chaos this fall.
But it did make it onto some legitimate KY news outlets for a few hours before being pulled.

James Michael Mills missing since 2006 from Uniontown Ky just 15 minutes from Henderson County is the first person I think of when I read about this case. Apparently his ex wife was overheard telling someone that if his body was ever located it would be found in the Ohio River.

I forgot about there being coins found with this doe that were dated 2013. So if the coins were in fact his then it is probably not James Michael Mills.

The date for the coin says 2103 wonder if they meant 2003 or 2013.

I believe they confirmed the identity of this young man as being Randall Austin Jr. people from the area knew him as Bird , it was said it took them a year to identify him and now his family has a up to bring his remains home from Madisonville Kentucky , a family member of his commented on a news page saying it was him and he was killed , but i haven't seen anything from the police confirming what they said as true , but they said Randall was killed and talked about how someone sent his mother his belt and wallet

also i don't think Randall was ever listed as a missing person or placed in namus , as many thought he ran away a few days after thanksgiving one year and that he was just hiding out from family , they mainly kept it posted on facebook and local news pages in hopes of finding him

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryEllen77
Back