1013 users online (173 members and 840 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9
    Quote Originally Posted by gregjrichards View Post
    "Police poured into Paris' Gare du Nord station late on Monday evening, evacuating passengers from platforms and sealing off the area.

French police said in a single tweet that there was an operation underway at the busy station, which is the terminus of a large suburban and national rail network as well as Eurostar trains from London."

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017...rts-armed-man/
    TheSun
    https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/351390...train-station/

FRANCE ON ALERT Hunt continues for ‘three terror suspects’ after heavily armed cops failed to find them during lockdown of Gare Du Nord train station

Police confirmed no arrests were made and the busy station was reopened by 2am local time

BBM
    Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity ~ Hanlon's Razor

Quote Originally Posted by ZaZara View Post
    TheSun
    https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/351390...train-station/

FRANCE ON ALERT Hunt continues for ‘three terror suspects’ after heavily armed cops failed to find them during lockdown of Gare Du Nord train station

Police confirmed no arrests were made and the busy station was reopened by 2am local time

BBM
    I'm really glad nothing came of it and the election was a safe one. I'm worried about any future planned attacks still though to try and destabilise a new government.
    May the victims of the Manchester attack Rest In Peace & the injured recover as much as possible

"What the world needs now is love, sweet love
    It's the only thing that there's just too little of..".
    Burt Bacharach

Quote Originally Posted by gregjrichards View Post
    I'm really glad nothing came of it and the election was a safe one. I'm worried about any future planned attacks still though to try and destabilise a new government.
    I saw pictures on twitter of the three terrorists that French LE allegedly is looking for.
    They still have not found them and the chase continues.

There will be blood in Europe for a long time to come. According to mr Macron, this is part of everyday life and one better gets used to it. I wonder what will happen when reality hits mama's boy.
    Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity ~ Hanlon's Razor

CONVICTED TERRORIST ARRESTED AT MILITARY AIR BASE

RTL Nieuws
    https://www.rtlnieuws.nl/nederland/v...egbasis-volkel

A convicted terrorist and supporter of terrorist group IS was arrested last week on Volkel air force base in the Netherlands. The man was working on the air base. He caught the attention when he started to take pictures.

Investigation by RTL News has brought this to light. The detention has been confirmed by the Public Prosecutor and the Department of Defense. The army police immediately arrested him because he had a criminal record.

The 19-year-old man was arrested previously one and a half years ago, in September 2015, at the Turkish Syrian border. He wanted to join a terrorist organization in the war area of Syria , according to the court. He received a penalty of two years detention for this. According to the court, the man became "more amd more extreme in his faith," he is a fan of the "jihadistic mindset" and "advocate of IS".

The man had been free for a few months. He was part of a group of people working for a construction company on the air base. On the basis, strict access requirements are in force. Visitors must identify themselves among other things. Also, a background check should always be done.

Last Wednesday, it caught the attention that he was making photo and video recordings. That is forbidden on the air base. When it came to light that he was a convicted terrorist, he was arrested on suspicion of preparing for terrorism.

After two days he has been released, says the Public Prosecutor, "because the investigation of the army police has not revealed that he has committed or aimed to commit crimes."

Flight base Volkel is one of the two bases of Dutch F16 jet fighters. The Dutch airspace is being defended from here. It is a large complex where about a thousand men work for defense personnel.

It is common knowledge that nuclear weapons are stored there.

BBM

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9