1024 users online (225 members and 799 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

NY - Man currently trying to climb the outside of Trump Tower

live video at link.

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/man-scales-trump-tower-manhattan-suction-cups-article-1.2746270

A backpack-wearing daredevil used suction cups to scale the glass facade of Trump Tower Wednesday afternoon, as police and onlookers watched from below.
    The man, who appears to be in his 20s, is believed to have started climbing the facade from a fifth-floor terrace about 4 p.m.

this is supposedly the guy, they just referred to this video on the news - seems like a nutjob;

I've been watching on cbs12.. he is taking forever.

Quote Originally Posted by drjones View Post
    this is supposedly the guy, they just referred to this video on the news - seems like a nutjob;

Thanks for the video. Very odd indeed.

Thanks for the link!

Very strange.

Sent from my XT1097 using Tapatalk

This is insane.

Wow, just don't have words...
    My opinion only, unless referenced or supported by a link. Thank you!

looks like they are pretty committed to stopping this thing right now, they just need to keep him from going to his right and it will be over

It looks like one of the policemen has a hook on the front of his uniform.

Quote Originally Posted by ohreally View Post
    It looks like one of the policemen has a hook on the front of his uniform.
    yeah i would bet he is prepared to go out the window if there is an opportunity to get hold of the guy, he is probably on a rope right now

im not pleased with how these FOX news people are handling the coverage

they are making it seem like a fun event and keep making jokes and giving the guy a nickname and trying to get people to spread it

reading jokes people are tweeting to them... yeah, that approach would never give anyone the idea that doing this will give them a lot of notoriety and make them "internet famous"...

im not pleased with how these FOX news people are handling the coverage

they are making it seem like a fun event and keep making jokes and giving the guy a nickname and trying to get people to spread it

reading jokes people are tweeting to them... yeah, that approach would never give anyone the idea that doing this will give them a lot of notoriety and make them "internet famous"...
    Fox announcers are a joke to begin with, they are basically the Walmart or McDonald's version of CNN announcers
    Anything I post is just my own opinion, and my own speculation

August 10, 2016
    7:00 PM EDT

Dr Drew is reporting on this

Live News Report Now! New York

• Airbags inflated in case he fell
    • Taken to hospital
    • 20 year old from Virginia came to NY yesterday
    • Stated he wanted to meet Mr Trump
    • Stayed in a hotel the night before
    • Goes by different names(investigating)
    Last edited by GeeEm; 08-10-2016 at 07:48 PM. Reason: add info

August 11, 2016
    12:08 AM EDT

NYPD arrests man who scaled Trump Tower with suction cups

The 19-year-old from Virginia was arrested and taken to Bellevue Hospital for a psychological evaluation, according to a law enforcement official.

The NYPD does not plan to release the name of the man who scaled Trump Tower until charges are "dropped or filed," according to Sgt. Brendan Ryan.

The NYPD had originally said he was 20.

The man drove from Virginia to Brooklyn on Tuesday, according to two law enforcement sources briefed on the investigation.

He has been medically cleared, and is undergoing a psychological evaluation, according to the sources.

He is expected to face several state charges from the Manhattan District Attorney's office sometime overnight or Thursday morning, the sources said.
    The New York Police Department is in touch with the man's family, the sources said.

-------------------------

http://www.cnn.com/2016/08/10/politi...ups/index.html

Having issues with posting link
    Last edited by KayElJay; 08-11-2016 at 01:15 AM. Reason: Fixed link :)

When I lived in Denver in the 1980s I saw a guy do the exact same thing. I was riding a shuttle bus in Downtown one day and was just about to get off at the next bus stop, when I looked out the window and saw a guy about six stories up on an office tower, climbing on the building. At first I was kind of in shock. I thought maybe he was a window washer or something. I kept wondering what was that guy doing? When I got off the bus it was bugging me to much, so I decided to walk back to where I saw him, and see what was going on. By that time I could hear a lot of sirens. When I got to the building, the police were already blocking off the area, and the fire department was just arriving. For about the next two hours I just stood there in disbelief and watched the guy climb 56 stories all the way to the top. At the time I couldn’t believe that anybody could do that without falling, but he did it. I never thought he would make it to the top.

Daredevil climbs to night in jail

Aug. 7, 1987
    DENVER -- A daredevil who climbed a 56-story Republic Plaza Building to celebrate sobriety and win some publicity spent the night in jail and was released Friday on a $300 bond.
    Sobolik wore an adhesive rubber material on his knees and used the grooves for window-washing equipment as handholds on his trip up the Republic Plaza Building. A large American flag dangled from his back pocket.
    http://www.upi.com/Archives/1987/08/...6833555307200/
    Last edited by KaaBoom; 08-11-2016 at 02:00 AM.

Its kinda scary in today's atmosphere. I watched it on CNN at my friends house just by chance. They showed a photo of him taken by the NYPD officers for face recognition. Appeared to be same individual in the video (this was just after they were able to grab him into the window. Praying he just a nut and nothing or anyone else is up to no good. Thanks for the video.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast