NY - Man currently trying to climb the outside of Trump Tower

drjones

Former Member
Reaction score
this is supposedly the guy, they just referred to this video on the news - seems like a nutjob;

[video=youtube;sP493LmSJrE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sP493LmSJrE[/video]

I've been watching on cbs12.. he is taking forever.

this is supposedly the guy, they just referred to this video on the news - seems like a nutjob;

Thanks for the video. Very odd indeed.

Thanks for the link!

Very strange.

Sent from my XT1097 using Tapatalk

looks like they are pretty committed to stopping this thing right now, they just need to keep him from going to his right and it will be over

It looks like one of the policemen has a hook on the front of his uniform.

It looks like one of the policemen has a hook on the front of his uniform.

yeah i would bet he is prepared to go out the window if there is an opportunity to get hold of the guy, he is probably on a rope right now

im not pleased with how these FOX news people are handling the coverage

they are making it seem like a fun event and keep making jokes and giving the guy a nickname and trying to get people to spread it

reading jokes people are tweeting to them... yeah, that approach would never give anyone the idea that doing this will give them a lot of notoriety and make them "internet famous"...

im not pleased with how these FOX news people are handling the coverage

they are making it seem like a fun event and keep making jokes and giving the guy a nickname and trying to get people to spread it

reading jokes people are tweeting to them... yeah, that approach would never give anyone the idea that doing this will give them a lot of notoriety and make them "internet famous"...

Fox announcers are a joke to begin with, they are basically the Walmart or McDonald's version of CNN announcers

August 10, 2016
7:00 PM EDT

Dr Drew is reporting on this

Live News Report Now! New York

• Airbags inflated in case he fell
• Taken to hospital
• 20 year old from Virginia came to NY yesterday
• Stated he wanted to meet Mr Trump
• Stayed in a hotel the night before
• Goes by different names(investigating)

August 11, 2016
12:08 AM EDT

NYPD arrests man who scaled Trump Tower with suction cups

The 19-year-old from Virginia was arrested and taken to Bellevue Hospital for a psychological evaluation, according to a law enforcement official.

The NYPD does not plan to release the name of the man who scaled Trump Tower until charges are "dropped or filed," according to Sgt. Brendan Ryan.

The NYPD had originally said he was 20.

The man drove from Virginia to Brooklyn on Tuesday, according to two law enforcement sources briefed on the investigation.

He has been medically cleared, and is undergoing a psychological evaluation, according to the sources.

He is expected to face several state charges from the Manhattan District Attorney's office sometime overnight or Thursday morning, the sources said.
The New York Police Department is in touch with the man's family, the sources said.

-------------------------

http://www.cnn.com/2016/08/10/politics/trump-tower-suction-cups/index.html

Having issues with posting link

When I lived in Denver in the 1980s I saw a guy do the exact same thing. I was riding a shuttle bus in Downtown one day and was just about to get off at the next bus stop, when I looked out the window and saw a guy about six stories up on an office tower, climbing on the building. At first I was kind of in shock. I thought maybe he was a window washer or something. I kept wondering what was that guy doing? When I got off the bus it was bugging me to much, so I decided to walk back to where I saw him, and see what was going on. By that time I could hear a lot of sirens. When I got to the building, the police were already blocking off the area, and the fire department was just arriving. For about the next two hours I just stood there in disbelief and watched the guy climb 56 stories all the way to the top. At the time I couldn’t believe that anybody could do that without falling, but he did it. I never thought he would make it to the top.

Daredevil climbs to night in jail

Aug. 7, 1987
DENVER -- A daredevil who climbed a 56-story Republic Plaza Building to celebrate sobriety and win some publicity spent the night in jail and was released Friday on a $300 bond.
Sobolik wore an adhesive rubber material on his knees and used the grooves for window-washing equipment as handholds on his trip up the Republic Plaza Building. A large American flag dangled from his back pocket.

http://www.upi.com/Archives/1987/08/07/Daredevil-climbs-to-night-in-jail/6833555307200/

Its kinda scary in today's atmosphere. I watched it on CNN at my friends house just by chance. They showed a photo of him taken by the NYPD officers for face recognition. Appeared to be same individual in the video (this was just after they were able to grab him into the window. Praying he just a nut and nothing or anyone else is up to no good. Thanks for the video.

For about the next two hours I just stood there in disbelief and watched the guy climb 56 stories all the way to the top. At the time I couldn’t believe that anybody could do that without falling, but he did it. I never thought he would make it to the top.

not that i condone this type of behavior but if you want to see more (LOL) do a you tube search for "Alain Robert" "The Real Spiderman" or "The French Spiderman".....he climbs buildings all over the world

Fox announcers are a joke to begin with, they are basically the Walmart or McDonald's version of CNN announcers

That's your opinion. As far as cnn goes it's my opinion they are a joke. I loved the commentary that shepard & greg did. btw the guy was from Virginia, traveled to NY while Trump was in Virginia. :)

This made for a crazy time at my neighboring office yesterday. The crowd was unbelievable.

I don't care about biases the news outlets as much I am concerned that this young man is in need of serious psychological help. Unlike earlier attempts to climb buildings where the climbers were daredevils, this young man's video is concerning for its tone and the odd speech patterns.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back