GUILTY CA - Angelina W, 4, tortured, drowned, Whittier, 9 Aug 2016

0101ABA

Former Member
Reaction score
attachment.php

A toddler’s body was found stuffed into a duffel bag when a Whittier couple -- not the girl’s parents -- tried to cross the border from San Diego to Tijuana, authorities said Wednesday.

Investigators in San Diego and Whittier are trying to figure out who the child was, how she died and who her parents are, San Diego police homicide Lt. Ray Valentin said.

Johnny Lewis Hartley, 39, and Mercy Mary Becerra, 43, were arrested after Mexican authorities made the discovery while screening the bag at a pedestrian crossing in San Ysidro before noon on Tuesday, Valentin said.

(...)

San Diego police investigators arrested them both on one count of murder, pending the outcome of an autopsy being conducted Wednesday. Valentin said the cause of death was not immediately obvious, but there was little chance she had died a natural death.
http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-ln-child-body-found-20160810-snap-story.html

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    73.2 KB · Views: 718
Oh dear Lord this is awful!

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Hartley has a violent criminal history, according to Orange County court records.

In 1999, he plead guilty to involuntary manslaughter and possessing, manufacturing or selling a deadly weapon. A gang enhancement was applied to the case, suggesting Hartley was a gang member or a gang associate. He was sentenced to 2 years and 8 months in prison.

Six years later, in 2005, he was convicted of possessing drugs with the intent to sell them and possessing drug paraphernalia. He was again sentenced to 2 years and 8 months in prison.

Then, in 2010, Hartley plead guilty to being a felon in possession of a firearm with a gang enhancement. A number of other charges were dismissed in this case, including attempted murder and assault with a firearm. He received three years in state prison.

Becerra's criminal history was less substantial. She plead guilty in 1992, at 19 years old, to a felony of selling or transporting a controlled substance, according to Orange County court records. She was sentenced to 180 days in jail and three years probation.
http://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/news/2016/aug/10/whittier-child-body-duffle-border/

They are not the child's parents.
Whose child is this?!?!?!?!?

They are not the child's parents.
Whose child is this?!?!?!?!?

Although this info hasn't been released yet, it sounds like LE knows who this child is. They are very confidant in saying the child was 2 yo.

To answer your question...your guess is as good as mine. My educated guess would be that the toddler was Mercy's grandchild. According to her Instagram (https://www.instagram.com/mommaasoto/) she has 9 children, so it is possible the toddler was the child of one of her children. JMO though, nothing to support my theory.

The video report at the @LATimes states they were I charge of EIGHT kids, not all of them theirs. I'm so sad for this little one.
What was happening in that home before they were evicted?
http://fw.to/Q4yYyOC

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't normally comment on appearances, but oh my, that woman!

That Instagram account was taken down. I didn't get to see it. Boo.

Anyone find any other social media for these creeps?

The video report at the @LATimes states they were I charge of EIGHT kids, not all of them theirs. I'm so sad for this little one.
What was happening in that home before they were evicted?
http://fw.to/Q4yYyOC

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
In charge of 8 kids? I couldn't watch the video, but wondering if there's a chance people were selling their children to this couple for drugs, and then the couple was selling the children on the black market?

I don't normally comment on appearances, but oh my, that woman!
The man looks like a kid took a permanent marker and had a field day drawing on him while he was snoozing.

No wonder the border patrol scanned their duffel bag!

The way these two look, anyone would be suspicious, if not frightened, by them.

My opinions only.

In charge of 8 kids? I couldn't watch the video, but wondering if there's a chance people were selling their children to this couple for drugs, and then the couple was selling the children on the black market?

Perhaps for organ harvesting? Shudder....

One news article said they do NOT believe organ harvesting had anything to do with it.

Here's their joint Facebook page - https://www.facebook.com/downtoroll.carclub?ref=br_rs

I went to the Facebook page shown on the photo in the first post but it doesn't seem to be this guy's page. So I don't know what's up with that.

Perhaps for organ harvesting? Shudder....
Yikes!

AmyPond said:
One news article said they do NOT believe organ harvesting had anything to do with it.
Whew!

I'm thinking the child's death was likely from neglect. They were taking care of (I use that term loosely) a lot of children and I highly doubt it's because they're such loving people. MOO

The man was carrying a duffel bag, and Mexican authorities sent him to a secondary inspection area. There, officials put the bag through an X-ray machine and saw the small body, Valentin said.

I am mind blown . I mean this is insane sounding. I cannot get a rational thought in my head on how this happens and what this dude was thinking, or her for the matter I mean murder must be apparent because of the lack of delay in charges . That poor baby, I hope they release more information soon because I do no want to think of her as the duffle bag baby. Whats her name?

I am mind blown . I mean this is insane sounding. I cannot get a rational thought in my head on how this happens and what this dude was thinking, or her for the matter I mean murder must be apparent because of the lack of delay in charges . That poor baby, I hope they release more information soon because I do no want to think of her as the duffle bag baby. Whats her name?

Yes, God bless her! Until we know, I'm going to call her Baby Seraphina, a little angel.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eleanor D.
Back