1479 users online (366 members and 1113 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 16 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

TX - Janice Kenny, 63, & Jimmy Weavel, 66, Winnie, 2 August 2016

Sheriff: Missing Florida couple last seen in Winnie
    Couple last seen asking for directions, sheriff says

Chambers County Sheriff Brian Hawthorne said Janice Kenny, 63, and Jimmy Weavel, 66, of Fort Meyers, Florida, were last seen the morning of Aug. 2. They stopped at Jackís Grocery, at the intersection of state Highways 124 and 65, where they asked for directions to Galveston.
    http://www.click2houston.com/news/sh...seen-in-winnie
    My kids are a window to my past, a mirror of today, a door to tomorrow, and a keeper of this proud old dad's heart forever.

Too bad they don't have a cell phone to track. How odd that they asked for directions at the convenience store, began following those directions and then made a u-turn in the opposite direction. Hope they are found soon.

Bump.....

This just makes me sad. I feel sorry for the son. I can't imagine my mom calling and saying we'll be there in an hour and then two hours go by, and then three...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Limecat

"Live together, or die alone." Jack Shephard

All posts are jmo.

I know Limecat, me too. I feel sorry for this couple, and maybe I'm reading too much into it, but I got the impression they were down on their luck. It makes me sad that they apparently ran into trouble or became terribly lost on their way to Galveston. Hoping for the best for them. It's funny how certain cases just stick with you and gnaw at you.....this is one of them for me.

Is it possible that there was a store or bathroom or food that they decided to go back to it before getting on the ferry? And then they met with foul play then? Or they wanted to go somewhere, and they ran off the road?
    I hope they are both found its such a sad situation.

I just realized that I hadn't watched the video from the first link yet.....Janice has had dementia and health problems recently. She looks very unsteady on her feet in the video. How sad. Her son seems very caring and concerned.

[...]
    Today the Texas Department of Public Safety aircraft division helped investigators search areas the couple may have traveled.

The Chambers County Sheriff met with Tim Miller of Texas Equusearch today to help with the search. They said a law enforcement camera spotted the truck's license plate in Walker County around 2:34 p.m. on Aug. 3, one day after anyone had contact with them.

The sheriff said the Texas Department of Public Safety will continue to investigate the truckís whereabouts as detectives in Chambers County work the missing personís case.

The article has been updated and this information is interesting. What happened to the U-haul?

I hope they are found safe and soon.
    These posts are In My Opinion only!

I totally missed the part about the u-haul Rosie. Am hoping maybe they just neglected to mention it, otherwise it's bad news. Glad Tim Miller has been brought in.

Quote Originally Posted by Blondie in Spokane View Post
    I totally missed the part about the u-haul Rosie. Am hoping maybe they just neglected to mention it, otherwise it's bad news. Glad Tim Miller has been brought in.
    Tim Miller is awesome and I was also glad to see he is getting involved.

Quote Originally Posted by rosie_lee View Post
    [...]
    Today the Texas Department of Public Safety aircraft division helped investigators search areas the couple may have traveled.

The Chambers County Sheriff met with Tim Miller of Texas Equusearch today to help with the search. They said a law enforcement camera spotted the truck's license plate in Walker County around 2:34 p.m. on Aug. 3, one day after anyone had contact with them.

The sheriff said the Texas Department of Public Safety will continue to investigate the truckís whereabouts as detectives in Chambers County work the missing personís case.

The article has been updated and this information is interesting. What happened to the U-haul?

I hope they are found safe and soon.
    Walker County?

That's maybe at least 100 miles from where they were seen near Winnie.

And not at all in a direction toward Galveston.

Strange.

Quote Originally Posted by Everyday Grace View Post
    Walker County?

That's maybe at least 100 miles from where they were seen near Winnie.

And not at all in a direction toward Galveston.

Strange.
    In the above article it also said:

"After getting directions, surveillance video showed them head towards the Galveston ferry, but then they make a U-turn and head back towards I-10 which could take them east or west."

Quote Originally Posted by rosie_lee View Post
    In the above article it also said:

"After getting directions, surveillance video showed them head towards the Galveston ferry, but then they make a U-turn and head back towards I-10 which could take them east or west."
    Walker County is northwest of Winnie. They could get there by crossing I-10 and taking lesser highways or by taking 10 west and picking up either a lesser highway or heading up I -45.

Were they that confused about directions?

Because Walker County is not even close to a route to Galveston from Winnie.

When I first read this thread after it was opened, I wondered if in the directions they got in Winnie that someone didn't tell them that an option to taking the Bolivar ferry would be to head west on I-10 and then take 146 south to 45 into Galveston.

That route is further, but Google maps shows it to be only 7 minutes slower (I question that calculation).

If that's what they were doing and headed north on 146 rather than south, they could indeed get to Walker County that way.

Still very strange as the license plate was seen somewhere in Walker County the next day.

If they were/are lost where did they spend that night and why wouldn't they at least find a law enforcement officer to get them steered right.

Strange.

This one boggles my mind. It seems inconceivable to me unless foul play or an accident come into play.

While I know that there are those that don't have cell phones or some sort of GPS device, I can't imagine them not asking others for directions or something. It's been well over a week now and nothing. I'm not convinced foul play is in play, pardon the pun, but this has me concerned for their well-being physically.

Sent from my 5054N using Tapatalk
    My kids are a window to my past, a mirror of today, a door to tomorrow, and a keeper of this proud old dad's heart forever.

Last edited by Everyday Grace; 08-12-2016 at 01:49 AM. Reason: Added Linked In.

Page 1 of 16 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast