998 users online (181 members and 817 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

CA - Deanna Benedetto, 15, San Leandro, 6 August 2016

San Leandro police searching for missing 15-year-old girl

Deanna Benedetto's mother discovered the girl was missing from their home around 9 p.m. Saturday, according to San Leandro police.

The girl was using a variety of social media websites to communicate with others. Deanna doesn't have any money or credit cards.

Her mother has not been able to contact her because the teen does not have a cellphone.

http://www.mercurynews.com/crime-cou...ng-15-year-old

http://www.sfgate.com/crime/article/...photo-10739694
    "When from a long distant past nothing persists, after the people are dead, after things are broken and scattered, still alone, more persistent, more faithful, the smell and taste of things remain poised a long, long time like souls, ready to remind us, waiting, hoping for their moment amid the ruins of all the rest, and bear unfaltering in the tiny and almost impalpable drop of their essence the vast structure of recollection."

Oh no! I really pray some creepy predator didn't get into her head.

Oh my. I was just in San Leandro today, I got lost there. It's so close to Oakland. So many places for her to be around there -- it starts to feel more 'urban' and city-ish there. I hope she finds her way home ASAP. At 15, not only would a predator be an issue, but so would trafficking!

Quote Originally Posted by los2188 View Post
    More from los' @sfgate article, which seems to contradict the original info regarding her social media activity.
    [...]
    Although no foul play was suspected, police said the case is unusual.

“Right now, it appears that she ... does not have access to a cell phone, does not have any money or credit cards, and is not active on any social media accounts,” police said. “This is a unique case, as it’s uncommon for a teenager to be voluntarily missing for this length of time, especially without contacting friends or family.”

Deanna’s mother took her phone away before she disappeared, McManus said.
    [...]

So, which is it? I tend to think she had a strong social media presence, but just lost her ability to access them because her mom took her phone away. That said, what led up to this decision?

Has anyone been able to find any of these accounts for Deanna? I'm really worried for her! San Leandro is just a hop skip and a jump from Oakland, and the hustle and bustle of The City.

I hope we receive an update via MSM and/or LE - and soon!

#FindDeanna

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    findsierralamar.com
    #JusticeForSierraLaMar #JusticeForLittleChris #JusticeForSierah #JusticeForMalik #JusticeForAnGelica #JusticeForErin #JusticeForGabbi #JusticeForBecky #JusticeForKarina #JusticeForCharli #JusticeForJoshua #JusticeForCooper #JusticeForBella #JusticeForHeatherElvis #JusticeForJenise #JusticeForOmaree #JusticeForTristan #JusticeForJordyn
    #FindSierraLaMar #FindKatelin #FindRelishaRudd #FindBabyDelano #FindBabyDaphne #FindMyraLewis #FindDeOrr

#LongLiveWebSleuths
    @

[b]Police ask for help in finding San Leandro girl - SFGate
    4 hours ago
    [...]
    Her mother initially thought she left on her own with a friend or acquaintance, but investigators said they’ve interviewed Deanna’s friends and they did not know where she went.
    [...]
    http://m.sfgate.com/crime/article/Po...rl-9135656.php

A thorough forensic computer analysis of her phone, computer, and all email and social media accounts should be underway. Time is of the essence!

findsierralamar.com
    #JusticeForSierraLaMar #JusticeForLittleChris #JusticeForSierah #JusticeForMalik #JusticeForAnGelica #JusticeForErin #JusticeForGabbi #JusticeForBecky #JusticeForKarina #JusticeForCharli #JusticeForJoshua #JusticeForCooper #JusticeForBella #JusticeForHeatherElvis #JusticeForJenise #JusticeForOmaree #JusticeForTristan #JusticeForJordyn
    #FindSierraLaMar #FindKatelin #FindRelishaRudd #FindBabyDelano #FindBabyDaphne #FindMyraLewis #FindDeOrr

#LongLiveWebSleuths
    @

Just because Mom took her phone, it doesn't mean she doesn't have another way to communicate. I took my daughters away every night while she finished her homework, and I wondered why she wasn't complaining about it. Then my son told me that she was using her i-pod to text and sometimes used the Game System in his room to message her friends. Parents are stupid when it comes to Tech stuff.

She could easily have a burner phone that some creeper gave her.
    “Every day that they don’t find something is good for me.“ Billie Dunn

Quote Originally Posted by katydid23 View Post
    Just because Mom took her phone, it doesn't mean she doesn't have another way to communicate. I took my daughters away every night while she finished her homework, and I wondered why she wasn't complaining about it. Then my son told me that she was using her i-pod to text and sometimes used the Game System in his room to message her friends. Parents are stupid when it comes to Tech stuff.

She could easily have a burner phone that some creeper gave her.
    Similar incident in our house. Daughter got her phone taken away for a month after running up a huge bill through texting - but she was still able to access FB through her smart DVD player. SM is their world, and they WILL find a way to get back on, if they can.

very true, Hayward aka "haystack" still seems rural-ish even though its surrounded by cities, san leandro on up is a lot more urban.

they should look in the City.

Quote Originally Posted by granola View Post
    Oh my. I was just in San Leandro today, I got lost there. It's so close to Oakland. So many places for her to be around there -- it starts to feel more 'urban' and city-ish there. I hope she finds her way home ASAP. At 15, not only would a predator be an issue, but so would trafficking!

Just wondering if she was angry at her mom for taking the phone away and ran away. I hope she's found soon.

This is my hometown. My sister still lives there.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    NINE - am I crazy??? 2008-2009-2010-2011-2012-2013-2014-2015-2016 Susan G. Komen 3-Day for the Cure Walker....
    http://www.the3day.org/goto/3daywalker

Your source for Scentsy and Color Me Amber...PM me for more info!

http://kron4.com/2016/08/10/only-on-...e-may-be-dead/

Deanna’s mother shut down the teen’s social media accounts about a year ago after finding out Deanna was using it to meet older men online and lying about her age.

Her family believes she may have been using various internet websites lately as a means of communication with others.
    The article goes on to say that her uncle is worried she may be dead. This really does not seem good... I have a bad feeling about who Deanna's possibly been in contact with on accounts that her family doesn't know about.

The article goes on to say that her uncle is worried she may be dead. This really does not seem good... I have a bad feeling about who Deanna's possibly been in contact with on accounts that her family doesn't know about.
    New photos from latest @kron4 article:

Via embedded video @ link:
    Only on KRON: Uncle of missing San Leandro teenager speaks, worried she may be dead
    http://kron4.com/2016/08/10/only-on-...e-may-be-dead/ via @kron4news

findsierralamar.com

#LongLiveWebSleuths
    @

I saw her uncle crying on the news yesterday. she seems "goth" I hope shes not on 4chan and deep web stuff

I'm hoping she just ran away and comes back.
    I don't know what to make of her uncle. So tragic, to say that.

Found safe!

SAN LEANDRO (BCN/KRON) — A 15-year-old San Leandro girl who had been missing since Aug. 6 was located Monday afternoon and is now safe with her family, police said.
    http://kron4.com/2016/08/15/video-mi...th-her-family/

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast