1175 users online (225 members and 950 guests)  

Websleuths News

ME - James Vining, 43, & John Graffam, 30, murdered, Lewiston, 23 Sept 2005

Can't get the link to work. Maybe one of you computer whiz's can. Apparently the hunters found the bodies near some railroad tracks. Police are calling it suspicious. They said they should know the identities by tomorrow, and cause(s) of death after the autopsies.
    Last edited by Cubby; 09-25-2010 at 10:46 PM.

Hunters find two bodies near railroad tracks in Lewiston

LEWISTON, Maine --Five men out for Maine's first day of deer-hunting season for state residents made a grim discovery on Saturday: two bodies alongside railroad tracks

The men found the bodies at about 11:30 a.m. near the Lisbon town line. Local and state police investigators considered the deaths as suspicious, according to Stephen McCausland, spokesman for the Maine Department of Public Safety.
    McCausland declined to discuss the condition of the bodies, or other details, including their genders.

The first of the bodies was removed at 5:30 p.m., and it took until 9 p.m. to remove the second body, McCausland said. Both were taken to the state medical examiner's office in Augusta.

McCausland said the autopsies, which were scheduled for Sunday, would provide identifications and causes of death.

http://www.boston.com/news/local/mas...n.com+%2F+News

Hmmm...

Found in shallow graves? Uh, well, I think that does qualify as "suspicious."
    www.wmtv.com/news/5208028/detail.html

By the way, thanks fourboys for the previous link!

The ME says it's two men.

Police say it's a strange "whodunit." They are searching missing persons files to try to identify the two. Obviously, they didn't dig their own graves. The hunters noticed a cayote digging near the tracks, and that's when they discovered the remains.

I know!

Quote Originally Posted by ShowerSinger
    Police say it's a strange "whodunit." They are searching missing persons files to try to identify the two. Obviously, they didn't dig their own graves. The hunters noticed a cayote digging near the tracks, and that's when they discovered the remains.
    That always gets me, too! So many times when a body is found, in similar circumstances, they'll use that phrase.."suspicious" and such. IT DRIVES ME CRAZY!

Anything new on the identities of these bodies?

Two men guilty in double murder trial

I believe this is the same case:

Two men guilty in double murder trial

Bangor Daily News - Oct 31, 2006
    Associated Press

http://news.google.com/newspapers?id...s+bodies&hl=en

Dyer and Gauthier were charged last year after the bodies of James Vining, 43, and John Graffam, 30, both of Auburn, were located by deer hunters October 29, 2005, near abandoned railroad tracks in Lewiston.