Found Deceased Australia - Karen Ristevski, 47, Melbourne, Vic, 29 June 2016 - #3

Status
Not open for further replies.

0101ABA

Former Member
Reaction score
Karen Ristevski: Police refuse to say if they have suspects in missing person case

7563232-3x2-340x227.jpg

Melbourne police refused to reveal if they had any suspects in the case of missing woman Karen Risteveski as they stepped up efforts to find her.

Detectives have set up an information caravan in her home suburb of Avondale Heights, in Melbourne's north-west and mounted police have searched parklands near her home.

Ms Ristevski has not used her mobile phone or bank accounts, or made contact with friends or family since June 29.

Karen Ristevski: Detectives ramp up search efforts to generate new leads about missing Melbourne woman

Mr Rickard has denied any involvement in Mrs Ristevski's disappearance but told a newspaper his anger over a family conflict did provide him with a reason to want to hurt her.

He admits battling an ice addiction and said Mrs Ristevski had previously spoken of planning to leave the family.

He also said he phoned Mrs Ristevski about 10 days before her disappearance to discuss the family *conflict, which he said has been "swept under the carpet".

Anyone with information is urged to contact Crime Stoppers on 1800 333 000.

Thread #1
​Thread #2

Missing Melbourne mum Karen Ristevski’s shop shut down over debt

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/new...t/news-story/e25ebc4d4e56a29fb6ec9c78bf0f5403

For those without a subscription:

Article basically goes over some details we have already heard. Mentions that Borce and Karen were co owners in Bella Bleu Watergardens shop and also Bella Bleu at Broadmeadows which the opened in June 2014.

The Bella Bleu Broadmeadows shop is the one they were in arrears with that had a caveat put upon it. Workers in Nearby shops had said that the Broadmeadows shop Closed this year (It doesn't say When this year though).

The Australian conferred with Legal Sources and it was implied that Landlords of Shopping Centres would put Caveats such as this on shop owners as a means to try to force payment of arrears or to break the Lease.

It briefly mentions the sons dysfunctional family claims.

Article basically ends with them covering themselves:

The Australian does not suggest Mr Ristevski had anything to do with his wife's Disappearance.
The Australian has no evidence to support Mr Richard's claims.

Brought over from thread 2:

Posted by John Dillinger:

Heres my theory.

Karen and Borce knew what AR was going to bring up re the past etc etc. Both Karen and Borce think its a good idea if Karen goes missing for a while until it all blows over. All gets a bit out of control with the media. I think Karens in hiding, Borce knows where she is and is covering it up to protect their plan, now Borce doesnt know what to do. She's alive and it'll all un fold in the near future.

BIB:
If Karen and Borce thought that to be a good idea, they were rather naive. I mean, that is not a very bright idea at all. :doh: IMO.

Respectfully snipped by me!!
For those without a subscription:

Article basically goes over some details we have already heard. Mentions that Borce and Karen were co owners in Bella Bleu Watergardens shop and also Bella Bleu at Broadmeadows which the opened in June 2014.

Thanks very much, Puggle!

Found this Link to a site for John Douglas (ex FBI Profiler)
A few things he mentions *could* apply in this case - such as inserting ones self into an investigation, making claims that may or may not be true.

http://mindhuntersinc.com/why-killers-take-trophies/

Yes, I recall that Max Sica (in the Singh sibling murder case) went on ACA and drew attention to himself, when investigations were ongoing.

Woman's Weekly.

In a statement to the police, stepson Andrew Rickard, said the relationship between his father and stepmother was "fake" and built upon money, maintaining their image and their daughter.

Concerns for her safety were raised when she didn’t arrive to work at the Bella Bleu boutique at Watergardens Town Centre in Taylors Lakes.

http://www.aww.com.au/latest-news/missing-woman-karen-ristevski-details-28405

[h=1]Missing Melbourne mum Karen Ristevski’s shop shut down over debt[/h]
http://www.theaustralian.com.au/new...t/news-story/e25ebc4d4e56a29fb6ec9c78bf0f5403

I think it is interesting that it is The Australian that has published the last couple of articles about Karen's disappearance. Not the less reliable (imo) tabloids and MSM.
Are they just super-interested in getting this case solved, or is it a slow news period, or are they being fed tidbits by VicPol to keep the case subtly in the limelight?

ETA I notice that even the WW article posted ^^^ by TGY today references The Australian as a source.

AR again has posted on FB.... What I think is he is putting himself forward in the investigation, thinking that will mean he is not a suspect... also I think making hims self look unstable will then provide him with a lighter sentence should he have done anything... Again its all too weird... I can some what understand why BR is not talking.... I guess his lawyers would have said lay low just in case u self incriminate BUT in saying that wife goes missing the first question police would have asked... do u know anyone who would want to hurt ur wife.... why was AR name not raised from the start.... it was WebSluths who alerted the LE to AR... so I question BR and why he is not more forthcoming to LE.... but again if that was my wife... I would be everywhere trying to locate her.... smells fishy... and when its smells fishy there is rot somewhere near....

AR again has posted on FB.... What I think is he is putting himself forward in the investigation, thinking that will mean he is not a suspect... also I think making hims self look unstable will then provide him with a lighter sentence should he have done anything... Again its all too weird... I can some what understand why BR is not talking.... I guess his lawyers would have said lay low just in case u self incriminate BUT in saying that wife goes missing the first question police would have asked... do u know anyone who would want to hurt ur wife.... why was AR name not raised from the start.... it was WebSluths who alerted the LE to AR... so I question BR and why he is not more forthcoming to LE.... but again if that was my wife... I would be everywhere trying to locate her.... smells fishy... and when its smells fishy there is rot somewhere near....

I agree. There are aspects of BR's behaviour that don't make sense. I've recently re-watched the second press conference, where Karen's aunt was the spokesperson. When the reporter asked her if she knew anyone who would want to hurt Karen, BR was silent in the background. At that point, he was blinking rapidly. IMO, his demeanour during the rest of the press conference was very controlled. I don't know what to make of this, as I don't know what his behaviour and demeanour are usually like. Given his subtle reaction to the question asked to Karen's aunt, my opinion is he did have knowledge of someone who would want (or did) hurt Karen. As you mentioned, PIMaz, why didn't he mention AR to the police? Or did he, and we just are not aware?

As for AR, my initial opinion was that he had nothing to do with Karen's disappearance. Now I'm not so sure. He is full of anger and hatred towards BR - and KR (despite his recent declaration that they were "best friends"). I'm vascillating between thinking he might be a low-level wannabe crim who is seeking notoriety and big-noting himself through his ideation of violence, and someone who is dangerous. Spending 15 months in prison gave him lots and lots of time to ruminate, to plot and plan and fantasise about his "revenge", and to increase his anger towards his family. In addition to his drug usage, I wouldn't be surprised if he has some sort of personality disorder as well as narcissism. Prior to the use of ice (which is a nasty drug in itself), he mentions smoking via a bong whilst living with BR and KR. What a handful he must have been to live with. My opinion is that he is so angry and resentful towards BR that his aim is to destroy BR and his family.

I better stop now because I can go on and on...:blushing:

Hi all. First time poster, long time reader even though only registered recently. What a fantastic site, full of information.

Extremely interested in this case for a number of reasons. I have friends who know Borce and Karen (separately) personally as well as myself having lived in the area for many years.

From what I've been told from those that know them
*It was a known fact that other Watergardens retailers knew the shop/business had been in trouble for some time. People had been talking about her and the store for quite a long time even before she became public knowledge. Not one person that I know, that knows her has said that she's anything but lovely and friendly all the time.
*Borce apparantly is a very soft spoken, wouldn't hurt a fly type of man. There has been talk that his brother was not on very good terms with BR due to the fact that he felt that KR wore the pants in the marriage and as an European man should have taken more of a stand in his life and marriage and that in their culture it is looked upon as being seen as less of a man to allow a woman to control their life/money etc etc
*KR was incredibly ocused on trying to build a celebrity clientel and be seen around the right type of people.
*All neighbours (even streets away) in the early part of when she went missing were door-knocked by her friends handing out posters, asking for info etc.

So that's all I can share from what I've been told.

My personal thoughts? I'm torn between thinking she's either done a runner (and could get into big trouble when found) OR that she's at the bottom of the river and because the temperature is so cold is right at the bottom of it. That river has been known to have everything from cars to other stuff right at the bottom of it (I think it gets emptied every few years from memory).
The fact that her daughter has really not said much is of concern also. So that line of enquiry surely has to come into play?

Welcome Mella and thank you for your insight and thoughts.

:welcome:

Welcome mella.

It's interesting you said Borce is a quietly spoken & gentle man and that shows in the press conference where he was silent.

When you mentioned that what came to my mind is of the 'heated argument' Karen and he had before she disappeared. So, I guess, he does speak his mind behind closed doors. To what degree we're yet to see.

Welcome mella. I'm new to the forum as well, though I've just recently discovered WS. Thank you for sharing your knowledge. You've confirmed what I suspected about "who wears the pants" in the marriage.

What keeps coming to my mind is Karen's aunt during the press conference when she said, "Karen's a go-getter." Paraphrasing here: This is not Karen. Karen wouldn't leave us...She would walk through the door [after her walk to 'cool off'] and say she had come up with an idea [in relation to the finances and the store takings being down]. I hope I've got this correct. It sticks in my mind because it seems like it would be in her character to go and try and solve a problem, such as AR reappearing in their lives and confronting Karen about their "family conflict". Also, in the most recent article in The Australian, AR reportedly claims he called Karen two weeks before she went missing and told her he wanted to commit suicide. Why did he tell her this? Manipulation? Sympathy? Trying to draw her closer to him in physical proximity so he could execute his plan (if indeed there was a plan to do something to her)? Might this be why the detectives who questioned AR initially asked him whether BR has any properties in the area or know anyone up that way (Diggers Rest)? Could BR have gone looking for her at AR's place after Karen disappeared?

Welcome mella.
:wagon:

Thank you for coming on board and sharing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23