808 users online (118 members and 690 guests)  

Websleuths News

Judge & Defendant exchange crude remarks & profanity in Georgia courtroom

https://youtu.be/DXB988kF3hI

This is almost unbelievable to listen to. It is a reading of the actual verbatim words of a Judge and a Defandant during a 20 minute hearing in a north Georgia courtroom. Hard to decide which is worse - the defendant or the judge!

"It started as a routine hearing in a Georgia courtroom. It ended as an extraordinary display of vulgarity — between a defendant and judge.

Denver Fenton Allen, the defendant in a murder case, repeatedly threatened a judge and hurled crude obscenities and aggressive remarks during a hearing, the Atlanta Journal-Constitution reported.

Allen was appearing before Bryant Durham Jr., a superior court judge in Floyd County. The hearing, held in Rome, Ga. last week, lasted less than 20 minutes.

But in that brief time, Allen and Durham launched a series of crude obscenities and aggressive remarks at each other in a heated exchange that was filled with offensive language, according to a transcript of the hearing."
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.4576d340d805

Sorry I was unable to correct typos in thread title!
    Last edited by AlwaysShocked; 08-11-2016 at 07:05 PM.

Well. alrighty then.

Btw that defendant gives me the creeps. Yuck.

That defendant couldn't convince anyone that he was innocent, he is clearly capable of anything.
    He tried saying he shouldn't be in gaol and that he was framed, after reading the whole transcript I think he is capable of anything. I hope he is locked away for life.
    He was in court for murder, and that doesn't surprise me. He was threatening to murder the Judge, the Judge's family, and the Judge's entire family tree..!!

Ok, I don't think anyone should talk like that, but that entire exchange was so ridiculous it was hilarious. I woke up my toddler because I was laughing so hard. I can't even believe it's real. Like the defendant is clearly crazy but the things the judge said back, it was like a crude SNL skit. "You are fixated on butts" "how can I have grandchildren if I don't have kids? You are stupid" I want to know what everyone else in the courtroom was doing while this was happening. "Your mama!" "10 years!" Like you can't make this up
    'Every life has a measure of sorrow, and sometimes this is what awakens us.' - Steven Tyler

Quote Originally Posted by Dogface View Post
    Ok, I don't think anyone should talk like that, but that entire exchange was so ridiculous it was hilarious. I woke up my toddler because I was laughing so hard. I can't even believe it's real. Like the defendant is clearly crazy but the things the judge said back, it was like a crude SNL skit. "You are fixated on butts" "how can I have grandchildren if I don't have kids? You are stupid" I want to know what everyone else in the courtroom was doing while this was happening. "Your mama!" "10 years!" Like you can't make this up
    Everyone else in the courtroom was probably laughing as much as you were laughing while you were reading it.
    The court transcript recorder probably had as much trouble trying to control their laughter while he/she had to take the transcript of it all.
    I enjoyed reading it, what a riot, I would loved to have been in the courtroom.
    I used to work for Dept Justice and no courtroom I have been in has EVER been that entertaining. LOL

Wow! I read that transcript and I see nothing funny at all. It was a disgusting and crass exchange between a defendant and a judge. The judge shouldn't have let it go that far and it wouldn't surprise me if he's disciplined for it. IMO

They need to televise this trial.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by BayouBelle_LA View Post
    Wow! I read that transcript and I see nothing funny at all. It was a disgusting and crass exchange between a defendant and a judge. The judge shouldn't have let it go that far and it wouldn't surprise me if he's disciplined for it. IMO
    I was shocked by the judge's "you look queer" comment. This man who was so easily baited should probably not be on the bench.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Doghairrules View Post
    I was shocked by the judge's "you look queer" comment. This man who was so easily baited should probably not be on the bench.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Only a tiny snippet is in the link above. I attached the entire transcript. Telling the defendant he looks queer is tame compared to other things he said. Unbelievable the judge would use that language in a courtroom.

ALERT: Graphic Language in Link

http://m.imgur.com/a/skffp

I can't stop laughing. This idiot deserves every day he will be locked up just on the threats and contempt. The judge however was out of line too. I just wish there was a video to go along with this. my new response now in any argument will be "yelling!"

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
    "The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it." Albert Einstein

Everything I write is my very own opinion unless I give a link. I can and will change my mind when the evidence leads me in another direction.

GRAPHIC LANGUAGE warning!
    Well this is as close to a video of this craziness that I could find! can't stop laughing. You have a constitutional right to be a dumbass. YELLING.