Resolved UT - Grand Co., WhtMale UP15561, 20-60, in Colorado River, 3 unique tattoos, Jul'16

Romulus

Ivan
Reaction score
Website
meettomy.site
NamUs UP Case 15561

https://identifyus.org/en/cases/15561

Unidentified White male
* Found July 3, 2016 in Grand County, UT
* Estimated Year of Death: 2016

Vital Statistics
* Estimated age: 20-60 years old
* Approximate Height: 77' estimated
* Distinguishing Characteristics: hair color white, eyes brown;
12 cm scar right cheek; 10 cm scar medial upper chest; 3 cm scar dorsum of left hand; Tattoos: Dreamcatcher with wolf face upper left arm. Man wearing hat with gun and flowers upper right arm. Sword piercing a heart with vines right forearm.

* Clothing/Jewelry: Short sleeve button down brown Carhartt XL tall shirt. Cabela 36W x 36L jeans. Fruit of the Loom underwear. 2 white socks.1 brown Roper hiking boot.

* Skeletal findings: nothing

* Dentals:
Dental information /
charting is available and will be entered later

* DNA: Sample available - Not yet submitted

* Fingerprints:
Fingerprint information is currently not available

* Circumstances:
The decedent was found partially submerged in the Colorado River. He was fully clothed. The decedent has 3 unique tattoos on his body.

Hmmm, at 6' 5" or thereabouts he was pretty tall so must have been noticeable.

I wonder if there's any significance to the fact that the roses in the sword tattoo seem to be black?

Black Rose is a BDSM organisation based in Washington DC.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_Rose_(BDSM_organization)

The Black Rose also has links to anarchism. There was (is?) a Black Rose Books, an anarchist publisher based in Montreal, founded in 1969. There's also mention (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_Rose) of a magazine called Black Rose published in Boston in the 1960s and 1970s.

Anyone else think that the "man in hat" Tattoo looks a bit like Clint Eastwood clinteastwood.jpg
Or maybe Kevin Costner in The Untouchables?

EDIT: Having looked at the close up of the tattoo, I see 3 lines on the face and the deceased is described as having a 12cm scar on the right cheek, so perhaps a self portrait?

Anyone else think that the "man in hat" Tattoo looks a bit like Clint Eastwood View attachment 99720
Or maybe Kevin Costner in The Untouchables?

EDIT: Having looked at the close up of the tattoo, I see 3 lines on the face and the deceased is described as having a 12cm scar on the right cheek, so perhaps a self portrait?

I could be wrong, but I think it's supposed to be Indiana Jones. I believe it was Temple of Doom where he had some claw marks on his cheek. Either way, if you search "Indiana Jones face claw" or "...face scratch," similar images come up.

article-1019950-02A1B492000004B0-168_224x370.jpg

Full size tattoo image here (not embedding since it's huge): https://identifyus.org/en/medias/full/37288

He's still listed on Utah's unidentified persons lists, but I agree that he does not seem to be in NamUs. I was unable to find any new articles with information on his identification, although I found 3+ other instances of bodies in the Colorado River being identified in 2016.

Ok so this works on my phone but not on my computer so bear with me. On my phone, if you go to Google and type in exactly this "namus 15561" the first link pulled up should read "UPDATE 1/6/17 This individual has now..."

If you click on this link it will take you to a Facebook page called "Missing Ink - Tattoos of the Missing and Unidentified. Under this post with the Update 1/6/17 you will read "The decedent was found in Utah.... with pictures of the tattoo from the Utah Unidentified persons list. In the comments, one person claims to be an ex-wife and another claims to be a nephew of the decedent in which he identifies his uncle by his first name, where he states "R.I.P. uncle xxxx"

If you do a basic google search on the name of the woman claiming to be the decedent's ex-wife, you will find she was also known by a last name beginning with the letter C.

Now if you go back to Facebook and click on the profile of the man claiming to be the decedent's nephew, you can click on his "about info" and see who he lists as his mother. You'll then want to click on her Facebook profile and view her friends. Searching for the first name listed by the nephew and the last name beginning with C by the woman who claims to be the decedents ex-wife, you will find the profile, last publicly updated in 2015.

I cannot find an obituary but believe this is the man. If someone could find an obituary or an updated news article we could verify this, but it seems pretty apparent to me. Sleuth it out as described above, as I don't want to post the family details here just to protect their privacy.

If you can't find the Facebook link off google, you can alternatively find the page and scroll ALLLLLLLL the way down to September 21, 2016. Hope this helps; I believe this is a closed case and some privacy was warranted. As Utah finishes setting up their new cold case database, we may find the UID website soon deleted and this case not added to the coldcase database. The new cold case database is now already populated with over 200 mainly unsolved homicides

An aside (how did the state get away with keeping this information so private for so long? Very glad the law was passed to start opening up records on what is believed to be approximately 600 Utah cold cases). I have been sifting through things for weeks. Infuriating.

Believe this one is closed. Hopefully with the information I have provided someone can sleuth out the missing pieces and we can mark this thread solved.

On this man's profile page you will see he has John Wayne as his background picture, and pictures of horses he own(ed) and such. Really struck me as kind of an echo of the "man wearing hat with gun" tattoo. I think member LadyN was on the right track when she thought of Clint Eastwood. Seems like a western cowboy tribute tattoo.

I will contact Grand County tomorrow so we can status change this UID as identified. I would prefer someone do it for me. Contact me if you are willing and I will provide any additional information you need. I’m confident in my identification as well as that Grand County has already made identification.

May Earth Receive an Honoured Guest.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back