FL - 62 Year Old Mom Charged After Son, 6, Kills Infant Sister

She is 62 and has a 6 yr old, a 3 yr old and a newborn????

Sorry, but we are not made to be parents at that age. I am 63, in pretty good health. And I do babysit my toddler granddaughter. But believe me, it takes a lot out of me. At the end of the day I need a nap and a glass of wine. I cannot even imagine having three little ones, full time. She obviously was in way over her head.

PINELLAS COUNTY, Fla. - A 6-year-old Central Florida boy beat up and killed his 13-day-old little sister after their 62-year-old mother left them and their 3-year-old brother in a van on Monday for nearly 40 minutes, officials said Thursday.

http://www.wptv.com/news/state/62-y...al&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer

I don't understand this at all. The son told her what he did and instead of checking on the baby she runs another errand????? Something does not make sense. Those older children need to be removed and given intensive therapy. Why would a 6 year old want to do that??? Even playing? The 6 year olds I've known understand to be careful with a baby, especially if they live with one. And this is the 2nd incident in 13 days?????

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes. something is seriously wrong. A 6 yr old absolutely knows how to be careful if he wants to. But this woman leaves two very young kids and a NEWBORN in a car for 40 minutes??? She should have been arrested.

I am assuming he beat the baby because it was crying. A crying newborn is rough for parents to deal with sometimes. A 6 year old could easily get so annoyed that he would harm the baby. It's sad.

This "mother" was not "in over her head" because of her age or anything else. She was just plain stupid and unfit to be a mother. First she leaves them alone in the car (I wonder how many times she's done that before) and then she doesn't call 911 or anything when her baby is injured? That's monster territory, in my opinion.

There was a previous incident/injury to baby Kathleen

Three days after she gave birth to baby Kathleen, Gualtieri said there was an incident at a hotel where the baby fell out of a car carrier and was taken to the hospital with a brain bleed. Child Protective Services responded and determined later there was no evidence of abuse and that the incident at the hotel was accidental.

http://www.fox13news.com/news/local-news/188741147-story

I wonder if the 6 year old was mimicking the way he saw his mom handle a crying baby??? Speculation on my part.

There was a previous incident/injury to baby Kathleen

http://www.fox13news.com/news/local-news/188741147-story

I wonder if the 6 year old was mimicking the way he saw his mom handle a crying baby??? Speculation on my part.

The article in that tampabay link above says....

" Left inside the minivan, the sheriff said the 6-year-old later told investigators the baby started fussing, and the boy wanted to calm her down. He lifted the infant out of her car seat and said he tried to mimic how his mother would calm the baby."

I am assuming he beat the baby because it was crying. A crying newborn is rough for parents to deal with sometimes. A 6 year old could easily get so annoyed that he would harm the baby. It's sad.

This "mother" was not "in over her head" because of her age or anything else. She was just plain stupid and unfit to be a mother. First she leaves them alone in the car (I wonder how many times she's done that before) and then she doesn't call 911 or anything when her baby is injured? That's monster territory, in my opinion.

I agree. The first article I read made me think he was "playing" with her, but the others mentioned the crying. And no air. In August. In Florida. I believe they undercharged her.

The article in that tampabay link above says....

" Left inside the minivan, the sheriff said the 6-year-old later told investigators the baby started fussing, and the boy wanted to calm her down. He lifted the infant out of her car seat and said he tried to mimic how his mother would calm the baby."

And did y'all get that there were TWO fires in this family within that same couple of weeks? Either the 6 year old has massive problems (which may be, since they've taken him out of school), the mom is a monster, or both.

I agree. The first article I read made me think he was "playing" with her, but the others mentioned the crying. And no air. In August. In Florida. I believe they undercharged her.

With the windows rolled up and the vehicle turned off. For 38 minutes.

When she got there, she rolled up the windows, turned off the engine, locked the doors and left the children: a 6-year-old boy, his 3-year-old brother and their baby sister, born 13 days earlier.

http://www.tampabay.com/news/public...ls-about-killing-of-2-week-old-infant/2289143

Additional details below. After reading this article and discussing it with a friend, she wondered if mom was trying to kill all the kids by leaving them in the hot car for that long. She also brought up that the extreme heat may have affected the 6 year old in really negative ways, although it sounds like there is a well documented history of aggression on his part. At any rate, this mother has caused her baby's horrible death and traumatized her other two children. How did she not notice the blood stains on the ceiling of the van? How could she not check on the baby when she got back to the car, even if the 6 year old hadn't tried to tell her something was wrong?

ETA: looks like the temp there Monday was 81, which is much lower than it was here in NC.

Finally, the NY doc who helped this woman get pregnant again should be charged, imo.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/mother-charged-son-beats-newborn-sister-death-41324777

Additional details below. After reading this article and discussing it with a friend, she wondered if mom was trying to kill all the kids by leaving them in the hot car for that long. She also brought up that the extreme heat may have affected the 6 year old in really negative ways, although it sounds like there is a well documented history of aggression on his part. At any rate, this mother has caused her baby's horrible death and traumatized her other two children. How did she not notice the blood stains on the ceiling of the van? How could she not check on the baby when she got back to the car, even if the 6 year old hadn't tried to tell her something was wrong?

ETA: looks like the temp there Monday was 81, which is much lower than it was here in NC.

Finally, the NY doc who helped this woman get pregnant again should be charged, imo.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/mother-charged-son-beats-newborn-sister-death-41324777

I wondered if she was trying to kill them all too :/

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

So who strapped the baby back into the car seat after this beating? If it was mom she had to have seen how badly the baby was injured but she drives away to another errand leaving the children alone in the car again. Only after arriving home does she call her nurse friend who realizes the baby is dead and has been for awhile. This on top of the other incidents leads me to believe she was trying to kill all three. IMO.

This is just a sad, sad case. So many things wrong. It concerns me greatly that a 6yo can harm another in such a manner. I hope his therapy is of a great help. May Mum rot in jail for a long time.

Sent from my SM-T550 using Tapatalk

So who strapped the baby back into the car seat after this beating? If it was mom she had to have seen how badly the baby was injured but she drives away to another errand leaving the children alone in the car again. Only after arriving home does she call her nurse friend who realizes the baby is dead and has been for awhile. This on top of the other incidents leads me to believe she was trying to kill all three. IMO.

The boy put his sister back in the seat before his mother arrived back.

It took Steele two hours to call for medical assistance, asking a neighbour, who is a nurse, for help.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/boy-6-beat-newborn-sister-8617057

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back