1065 users online (146 members and 919 guests)  


Websleuths News


Page 70 of 70 FirstFirst ... 20 60 68 69 70
Results 1,036 to 1,043 of 1043
  1. #1036
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    Left Coast US of A
    Posts
    211
    Quote Originally Posted by missy1974 View Post
    hmmm ... I could be wrong... but I think Saul was just saying that there was no ethical judgement to begin with... can't have a lapse in something that doesn't exist!

    Or.. I could be wrong ... lol I'm sure Saul will pop in and let us know LOL
    I'm sure you're right. My response was meant to be humorous.

    I should've put a smiley on it!

    JMO

  2. #1037
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    SK, Canada
    Posts
    3,550
    Quote Originally Posted by proudfootz View Post
    I'm sure you're right. My response was meant to be humorous.

    I should've put a smiley on it!

    JMO
    Well... dang LOL sorry

  3. #1038
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    Left Coast US of A
    Posts
    211
    Quote Originally Posted by dexter75 View Post
    Grrrrrrr!!!
    Doesn't matter how many times I have seen these!!
    Each time I do I get so pissed!!!!
    SBM

    On another discussion board, people kept asking what I found so objectionable about these coaching sessions, and I was perplexed at how to respond. If they couldn't see that Brendan was being fed the details and his 'narrative' being shaped by the police to fit their 'theory' of the crime by reading it for themselves, I was puzzled at how I could persuade them to see what I was seeing reading the exact same text.

    It goes against my optimistic nature to give up on people like that, but for my own peace of mind that's the best thing for me to do. If they don't see how the way Brendan was manipulated was wrong there is a fundamental difference between us and I'm not sure any amount of argument from me can bridge that gap.

    My own opinion, as per usual.

  4. #1039
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    SK, Canada
    Posts
    3,550
    Quote Originally Posted by proudfootz View Post
    SBM

    On another discussion board, people kept asking what I found so objectionable about these coaching sessions, and I was perplexed at how to respond. If they couldn't see that Brendan was being fed the details and his 'narrative' being shaped by the police to fit their 'theory' of the crime by reading it for themselves, I was puzzled at how I could persuade them to see what I was seeing reading the exact same text.

    It goes against my optimistic nature to give up on people like that, but for my own peace of mind that's the best thing for me to do. If they don't see how the way Brendan was manipulated was wrong there is a fundamental difference between us and I'm not sure any amount of argument from me can bridge that gap.

    My own opinion, as per usual.
    BBM

    omg, you couldn't have put this in better words. I have come to this conclusion myself in regards to Brendan, and MANY other aspects of this case.

  5. #1040
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Pure Michigan
    Posts
    1,868
    Quote Originally Posted by proudfootz View Post
    SBM

    On another discussion board, people kept asking what I found so objectionable about these coaching sessions, and I was perplexed at how to respond. If they couldn't see that Brendan was being fed the details and his 'narrative' being shaped by the police to fit their 'theory' of the crime by reading it for themselves, I was puzzled at how I could persuade them to see what I was seeing reading the exact same text.

    It goes against my optimistic nature to give up on people like that, but for my own peace of mind that's the best thing for me to do. If they don't see how the way Brendan was manipulated was wrong there is a fundamental difference between us and I'm not sure any amount of argument from me can bridge that gap.

    My own opinion, as per usual.
    Makes me wonder how certain " other " issues are viewed by those same individuals.
    Take bullying for instance.
    Would this same group of people look at a bully and say " kids will be kids " *shrugs shoulders
    Just an example🙄
    JMO

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
    Addicted

    Lurking or sleuthing, at all hours of the day & night, many times falling asleep with phone in hand/laptop in lap

    Will NOT be held liable for the following:

    Paragraph Structure
    Grammar
    Appropriate Language
    Using Contractions Correctly
    Correct use of Acronyms ( should I attempt them )
    Punctuation
    Falling asleep mid response


    *terms subject to change without notice*

  6. #1041
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    Left Coast US of A
    Posts
    211
    Quote Originally Posted by dexter75 View Post
    Makes me wonder how certain " other " issues are viewed by those same individuals.
    Take bullying for instance.
    Would this same group of people look at a bully and say " kids will be kids " *shrugs shoulders
    Just an example
    JMO

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

    Yeah, it's weird.

    I'll sometimes read what people write about topic A, find myself in agreement with what they say about it, their reasoning, etc - but when I bring up topic B suddenly feel blindsided because what they say about B seems to me totally unreasonable.

  7. #1042
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    2,183
    IMO people reflect who and what they are by their words and actions, and this they project onto others. Usually they accuse other people of what they really are themselves.
    Bullying a 16 year old intellectually challenged youth into submission is all kinds of wrong for the reasons that everyone has discussed and i'm glad it's only a minority that see it otherwise.
    *FREE LEONARD PELTIER*
    Justice for an innocent man.

  8. #1043
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Midwest
    Posts
    2,572
    Quote Originally Posted by dexter75 View Post
    Makes me wonder how certain " other " issues are viewed by those same individuals.
    Take bullying for instance.
    Would this same group of people look at a bully and say " kids will be kids " *shrugs shoulders
    Just an example
    JMO

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
    Yes, that's exactly what kind of people they are. And exactly why we still have bullying raging in schools.

Page 70 of 70 FirstFirst ... 20 60 68 69 70


Similar Threads

  1. Steven Avery & Brendan Dassey get new representation
    By bessie in forum Netflix Series: Making A Murderer
    Replies: 187
    Last Post: 09-04-2016, 02:34 PM
  2. Documents: Brendan Dassey *No Discussion*
    By bessie in forum Netflix Series: Making A Murderer
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 08-12-2016, 04:26 PM
  3. Brendan Dassey and False Confessions
    By bessie in forum Netflix Series: Making A Murderer
    Replies: 122
    Last Post: 03-23-2016, 03:37 AM
  4. State's Motion for Petition of Writ of Habeas Corpus Ad Testificadum
    By TotallyObsessed in forum Caylee Anthony 2 years old
    Replies: 58
    Last Post: 01-23-2011, 01:53 AM