1258 users online (178 members and 1080 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 5 of 74 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 55 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by missy1974 View Post
    Another one bites the dust is right..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
    Addicted

Lurking or sleuthing, at all hours of the day & night, many times falling asleep with phone in hand/laptop in lap

Will NOT be held liable for the following:

Paragraph Structure
    Grammar
    Appropriate Language
    Using Contractions Correctly
    Correct use of Acronyms ( should I attempt them )
    Punctuation
    Falling asleep mid response

*terms subject to change without notice*

Quote Originally Posted by CoolJ View Post
    What I would like to see is those two crooks who hide behind the badge, Fassbender & Wiegert, thrown in the clink for a long time. And put them in general pop. with the other like minded crooks.

Disgusting individuals.
    CoolJ
    You took the words right outta my mouth!

Addicted

Lurking or sleuthing, at all hours of the day & night, many times falling asleep with phone in hand/laptop in lap

Paragraph Structure
    Grammar
    Appropriate Language
    Punctuation

Quote Originally Posted by SCHMAE View Post
    Right ! Will any of the guilty members of LE or the DA's office face charges ?
    This, would be REAL JUSTICE!

Addicted

Paragraph Structure
    Grammar
    Appropriate Language
    Punctuation

Quote Originally Posted by trigger View Post
    Poor Brendan...In 2013 A State of Appeals Court rejected Brendan's request for a new trial, so it had to go to Federal Court.

Let him out!

A state appeals court has rejected Brendan Dassey's request for a new trial on charges that he helped kill a young woman in 2005 in one of Wisconsin's most notorious crimes.
    Yep, I suppose the State officials must back one another and their decision making process🙄
    Quote Originally Posted by CoolJ View Post
    Kratz is a different story altogether. I put him up there with the most vile human beings on the planet. The pedophiles, the mass murderers and the like. He seems mentally ill. Don't believe one word that comes out of his mouth. He is the baddest of the bad. He will do anything to anyone to serve his own agenda and sexually deviant mind. JMO

Addicted

Paragraph Structure
    Grammar
    Appropriate Language
    Punctuation

another one...

Attachment 99740
    For sure!
    🍻🍾🍷🍺
    It's coming❤

Addicted

Paragraph Structure
    Grammar
    Appropriate Language
    Punctuation

Making a Murderer's Brendan Dassey conviction overturned, could be free in 90 days
    https://au.news.yahoo.com/a/32323511...90-days/#page1
    *FREE LEONARD PELTIER*
    Justice for an innocent man.

I agree that those responsible for violating Brendan Dassey's constitutional rights should be charged with perverting the course of Justice, IMO.
    *FREE LEONARD PELTIER*

Hmm. Just reading, I have a question. The court determined that his confession was "involuntary", right? Is that the same as "false"? Or has the court left the door open for prosecutors?
    .Find William, Kyron and all the other missing children. Thinking of the families

Quote Originally Posted by keyleigh View Post
    Hmm. Just reading, I have a question. The court determined that his confession was "involuntary", right? Is that the same as "false"? Or has the court left the door open for prosecutors?
    In legal terms it means, (quote):
    An admission, especially by an individual who has been accused of a crime, that is not freely offered but rather is precipitated by a threat, fear, torture, or a promise.
    *FREE LEONARD PELTIER*

And this, (quote),
    Involuntary Confession Law & Legal Definition

An involuntary confession is a confession obtained where the installation of fear or a promise of benefit, related to the legal consequences as regards the accused, conveyed by another for the purpose of obtaining the confession, has so acted on the will of the confessor as to fetter the freedom of choice on the matter of whether he or she should confess. Due Process Clause of the Fourteenth Amendment bars the admission of involuntary confessions. While determining whether a confession was voluntary, courts make sure that the confession was “the product of an essentially free and unconstrained choice by its maker, that it was the product of a rational intellect and a free will and that the appellant's will was not overborne.” [United States v. Swint, 15 F.3d 286, 289 (3d Cir. Pa. 1994)]

http://definitions.uslegal.com/i/inv...ry-confession/
    *FREE LEONARD PELTIER*

From what i have read Brendan Dassey's involuntary confession should have been inadmissable in court. I guess that's why this result now. What a travesty of justice.
    *FREE LEONARD PELTIER*

Quote Originally Posted by SCHMAE View Post
    Holy Macaroni! I'm very pleased with this. I fear it's probably a little too little, little too late . Brendan's been institutionalized for so long now , I don't know what kind of a life he can have.
    It's so surprising. I thought the odds of him even getting a new trial were low. I never considered this.
    I am behind in reading but do so agree with all you said. When I saw the news I was so glad but then even forgetting how long he has been in the wrong place what has this place done to the teen who only wanted to get to his class on time. I do so hope he has family who will be there for him.

" Time to go after real killer " is so right on...it's been long enough, I think.

I wonder, if Branden will file civil suit?

Quote Originally Posted by Itsmevkb View Post
    Given that most convictions are overturned on legal technicalities vs having proven actual innocence, the state is given time to decide if they are going to retry the person. This puts Dassey back to where he was right before the jury declared him guilty - he was in custody at that point as he was, and still is, charged with a crime. Had the judge felt he had proven that he was innocent he could have ordered him immediately released and said he could not be retried. That almost never happens.

Imagine this wasn't someone you believe is innocent but instead someone like (insert name of someone everyone agrees is guilty of a horrible crime) having his conviction being overturned over an issue like press access to the trial. Would you want that person immediate released?
    I too have always thought what takes so long...but given the other reasoning I had not thought of makes sense......thank you for your input.

Quote Originally Posted by krkrjx View Post
    I live in the state and I am very familiar with the area where this all went down. The state should let it go but I will be very surprised if they do. This is egg on their faces. Public outcry on Brendan's behalf might get some results but the people in authority in that area of the state are not going to take this defeat lightly. I think they will do anything they can get away with to further terrorize this young man; they do not like admitting they were wrong and that is the main reason I believe SA was railroaded. They took BD down only because they needed him to go down in order to succeed in their plan to get back at SA for making them look like the fools that they are when he was released after being wrongfully convicted of rape. People like this in positions of power are scarier than your average criminal.

All JMO.
    Agree 100%
    What a frickin shame it is..

Page 5 of 74 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 55 ... LastLast