1303 users online (319 members and 984 guests)  

Websleuths News

Thomas Gibson (Agent Hotchner) FIRED from Criminal Minds

"Criminal Minds star Thomas Gibson has been fired after kicking a co-executive producer during an argument about a script while he was directing an episode.

Gibson, who has played the role of Special Agent Aaron Hotchner since 2005, was involved in a physical altercation with Virgil Williams. He was suspended for two weeks.

On Friday, the studio confirmed to DailyMail.com that the actor had been fired."

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz4H9Tfmuq4

I liked his character on Criminal Minds and he will be missed. Sadly I think this is the beginning of the end of the show.
    We need justice for:
    Abigail Williams and Liberty German.
    Elizabeth Collins and Lyric Cook
    Jessica Heeringa
    William Tyrrell
    and all victims of crime.

Really liked him. It won't be the same for me.

I'll have to wait to see how this season goes before I decide if the kick was necessary. Kidding ....okay really only half-way kidding b/c there have been times where something happens on my shows and I think if I see the person who changed______ it would be hard not to give them a little kick.
    All post

I love this show. Unfortunately he's been thru an anger management program before.

Quote Originally Posted by CSIDreamer View Post
    Really liked him. It won't be the same for me.
    There is a lot of people who feel the same way on social media. I'm shocked how upset and angry people are at this decision even though I knew how beloved the character was. CBS didn't really have a choice they have a zero tolerance policy towards physical altercations.
    We need justice for:
    Jessica Heeringa
    William Tyrrell

I LOVE Agent Hotchner!

Quote Originally Posted by gregjrichards View Post
    There is a lot of people who feel the same way on social media. I'm shocked how upset and angry people are at this decision even though I knew how beloved the character was. CBS didn't really have a choice they have a zero tolerance policy towards physical altercations.
    I agree they didn't have a choice but the character will be hard to replace.
    Just my opinion

With Shemar Moore gone too there won't be much left to watch.

Criminal Minds star Thomas Gibson was fired over final straw attack on a producer, following a DUI arrest AND an incident where he 'pushed a show employee

Two prior incidents reportedly led to Thomas Gibson's firing from Criminal Minds

Star allegedly lashed out at Virgil Williams while directing an episode

Sources say a physical altercation in 2010 with assistant director Ian Woolf and a DUI arrest in 2013 led to his ultimate dismissal from show

Gibson, a father-of-three, 54, has played Special Agent Aaron Hotchner since 2005 but was fired earlier this week, ABC studios confirmed

Sources said Gibson could be personable and friendly but quick to anger

He said he had 'put his heart and soul' into show 'for the past 12 years'

Since Gibson was fired from the show he has reportedly hired a lawyer

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...-producer.html

Quote Originally Posted by Blondie in Spokane View Post
    Criminal Minds star Thomas Gibson was fired over final straw attack on a producer, following a DUI arrest AND an incident where he 'pushed a show employee

Two prior incidents reportedly led to Thomas Gibson's firing from Criminal Minds

Star allegedly lashed out at Virgil Williams while directing an episode

Sources say a physical altercation in 2010 with assistant director Ian Woolf and a DUI arrest in 2013 led to his ultimate dismissal from show

Gibson, a father-of-three, 54, has played Special Agent Aaron Hotchner since 2005 but was fired earlier this week, ABC studios confirmed

Sources said Gibson could be personable and friendly but quick to anger

He said he had 'put his heart and soul' into show 'for the past 12 years'

Since Gibson was fired from the show he has reportedly hired a lawyer

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...-producer.html
    I don't know what he is hiring a lawyer for because I predict any lawsuit he may bring against CBS will fail. Thomas and Seemar apparently didn't get on great as Seemar was late a lot which annoyed Thomas. From reading online about this Gibson is supposedly friendly enough but easily irritable. I really can't see the show surviving past this new season to be honest.
    We need justice for:
    Jessica Heeringa
    William Tyrrell

i love this show, but TBH, its time to end it. i wonder how they are going to address this in the show? ill still watch, but gonna miss my hotch for sure.
    Find Haleigh, Maddie, Diana
    Find Lindsey, Pearll, Kyron

A little song, a little dance
    a little seltzer down your pants - Ted Baxter

Quote Originally Posted by jpo74 View Post
    i love this show, but TBH, its time to end it. i wonder how they are going to address this in the show? ill still watch, but gonna miss my hotch for sure.
    I agree. Apologies for spelling Shemar wrong.
    We need justice for:
    Jessica Heeringa
    William Tyrrell

Actors need to realize that their jobs are just that - jobs! Just because they are in the spotlight of television or movies, and have seniority backing them, there are rules to follow to keep ones job.

Kicking a person is a very childish action and certainly not representative of a professional actor who has been in a position for 12 years. From news articles, a prior incident occurred in 2010 where he shoved an assistant director.

Thomas Gibson it is time to grow up! At 54 you ought to know to keep your hands and feet to yourself.

'If I hadn't moved, he would have run into me!': Thomas Gibson explains HIS SIDE of kicking incident in first interview since being fired from Criminal Minds

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz...#ixzz4L0wQaTiw

Quote Originally Posted by Blondie in Spokane View Post
    'If I hadn't moved, he would have run into me!': Thomas Gibson explains HIS SIDE of kicking incident in first interview since being fired from Criminal Minds

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz...#ixzz4L0wQaTiw
    All righty then.
    Just my opinion