1249 users online (283 members and 966 guests)  

Websleuths News

TN ROCKWOOD Police: Officer fires live ammo in drill at Tennessee school

August 12, 2016

Police: Officer fires live ammo in drill at Tennessee school

A police officer accidentally fired a live round during active shooter training this week at a Tennessee middle school, officials said.

No one was near the officer Thursday morning, and the bullet damaged a "minor little piece" of a cinderblock wall at Rockwood Middle School, Roane County Schools Superintendent Leah Watkins told WBIR-TV.

Police and the school system were working together to demonstrate what an active shooter situation sounds like. In the drill, school employees are locked in a classroom with the police chief while an officer fires blank rounds in the hallway.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2016/08/12...ee-school.html

_______
    And yet another one! At least no one was injured!!!

The federal government needs to step in and put a stop to these "training sessions" now in order to protect the public. Too many of these states don't seem to have the most basic intelligence necessary to run these drills. Shut them down.
    All statements are my opinion only.

Quote Originally Posted by Betty P View Post
    The federal government needs to step in and put a stop to these "training sessions" now in order to protect the public. Too many of these states don't seem to have the most basic intelligence necessary to run these drills. Shut them down.
    I think the drills are good but they need to strictly enforce that the trainers use a totally FAKE weapon. Not their own service revolver that they "think" they unloaded. Good Grief.

It is beyond belief how stupid the person had to be to not fully check the weapon.
    I can guarantee that I would never ever let this happen. When I clean my weapons I check double check and triple check the barrel, chamber, and magazine for any bullets.
    I can guarantee the fool doing the training forgot the 1 in the chamber.

These training sessions need to be done with totally fake weapons because we cannot trust the fools doing the training to ensure their weapons are unloaded.

Imo Hatfield, everyone would agree with you. Use a fake weapon or triple check a real weapon - it would appear that only the most stupid would fail to do this.

Problem is, from here anyway, US citizens are far to complacent about guns. So, involve all the people one wants, stupidity will continue. Jmo. You have read the threads where parents are shot from the backseat by their kids? Who put the loaded weapons in the hands of the kids? That will continue imo. No one seems to be learning from others mistakes.