WI - Sylville Smith, 23, fatally shot by Milwaukee PD officer, 13 Aug 2016 *Arrest*

K_Z

Verified Anesthetist
Reaction score
Riots and violence erupt after police officer shoots armed and fleeing suspect.

A gas station and at least one car was set ablaze, and an officer was hit by a brick, as violence erupted Saturday night following an officer-involved shooting that left a 23-year-old man dead.

The violence near North Sherman Boulevard and West Burleigh Street exploded after an afternoon traffic stop about a block away, on the 3200 block of North 44th Street, Capt. Mark Stanmeyer said. During the stop, Stanmeyer said two people bolted from the car.

An officer, a 24-year-old man with six years of service with the department, shot the victim during a foot chase. A 23-year-old man died at the scene, and Stanmeyer said the semiautomatic handgun with which the man was armed was taken in a burglary in Waukesha in March of this year. The victim of that burglary reported that 500 rounds of ammunition were stolen with the handgun.

The man who was killed had a "lengthy arrest record," Stanmeyer said, though he did not offer details. The other person who police say ran from the car, another 23-year-old man, was taken into custody.

http://www.wisn.com/news/1-dead-in-officerinvolved-shooting/41190354

Protesters riot & burn gas station, cars after fatal officer-involved shooting in Milwaukee, WI

https://www.rt.com/usa/355828-milwaukee-police-shooting-riots/

More than 100 people were in a standoff with officers, some of whom wore riot gear, the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel reported. Officers got in their cars to leave at one point and some in the crowd started smashing a squad car's windows. Another vehicle was set on fire, the newspaper reported.

Police also tweeted out that an officer was being treated for an injury after a brick was thrown through a squad window, striking the officer in the head.

Law enforcement also reported that a gas station had been set on fire, but the fire department couldn't respond because of gunfire in the area.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/police-shooting-in-milwaukee-sparks-violent-protest/

Twitter is active with updates, live feeds (amateur).

The unruly punks have now set an auto parts store and a beauty supply storeon fire.I live a couple of miles from the area and think that it is time to move.

Lots of pictures and video of rioters smashing police cars, setting police cars on fire, setting a BP gas station on fire (after looting), crowd chanting "Black Power" and "Burn it down" as the BP station is looted and burned, shots fired by rioters, rioters trying to take down traffic lights, etc.

This is a full on "riot" IMO, not any kind of "protest", as some of the media is desperately trying to frame the violence. There is really no way to describe this level of violence and destruction as a "protest", peaceful or otherwise.

The unruly punks have now set an auto parts store and a beauty supply storeon fire.I live a couple of miles from the area and think that it is time to move.

Be safe, Juan23!

I hope this calms down as the night goes on.

I'm reading on Twitter (not MSM) that the BP station is the place where warning shots were fired at youth recently. Is that accurate?

August 14, 2016
12:29 PM EDT

LIVE FEED

http://www.wisn.com/shared/live-video/28004418

BP burnt down
Armored vehicles moving through
43rd and Burliegh Street
Looters
O'Riely Auto Parts burning trying to get it under control
Jet Beauty 9 blocks away on fire
BMO Harris Bank lots of smoke, broken window to try to contain fire
Helicopter in air
10-11 block stretch, traffic lights down, new fires

UPDATE

Shooting: Suspicious vehicle, 2 individulals headed out LE chased individual and told to drop gun, hit in chest and arm(2 bullets) 23 yr old man died, officer has body camera, because it involved Milwaukee Police it will be investigated. Later in the evening, devices were used(FaceBook Twitter, etc)

5 dead, multiple injured in Milwaukee shootings

A lot of anger around 6:30 pm, tensions building from Shooting(under investigation)
9:00 bricks thrown

A reporter has been beaten:

[video=twitter;764653621485178880]https://twitter.com/journalsentinel/status/764653621485178880[/video]

Journal SentinelVerified account
‏@journalsentinel
Our reporters were chased, one was thrown to the ground and beaten, but they're all out and safe. Our coverage:

Another tweet says the roof on the burning BP station has collapsed, and no police or firefighters are present at that site.

I love Milwaukee. Lots of great things there. It is one of the most segregated cities in the US. There is and was so much wealth there. Beautiful homes by beautiful Lake Michigan.

Sad, but inevitable . Hope some good solutions can finally come about.

August 14, 2016
12:30 AM EDT

Latest: Milwaukee Police Try Again to Disperse Protesters

The Latest on unrest in Milwaukee following a police shooting that left one man dead (all times local):
11:15 p.m.

Police in Milwaukee are trying again to disperse protesters on the city's north side in the wake of a man's fatal police shooting.

Some 100 protesters skirmished with officers Saturday night, hours after an officer shot and killed a 23-year-old man whom police said was armed and had run from a traffic stop.

Police say it's not clear whether the man pointed the gun at or fired at officers.

Police said in a tweet that officers were moving into an intersection and asking the crowd to disperse peacefully, but rocks were being thrown at officers.

The department said in earlier tweets that one officer was injured by a thrown brick, a squad car had its windows smashed and another one was set on fire.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/latest-milwaukee-officer-hit-brick-shooting-aftermath-41367976

Local reporter Ashley Luthern from JournalSentinel online.

Ashley Luthern ‏@aluthern 59m59 minutes ago
Back in newsroom. Some context about recent events near Sherman Park; About 6 p.m. yesterday, a man was driving, shot and killed

Ashley Luthern Retweeted
Ben Hutchison ‏@BennyHutch 1h1 hour ago
Shots fired right in front of our car. Gunman ran by us while shooting. We're ok. Sherman and Burleigh is mayhem, no control @WISN12News

Ashley Luthern ‏@aluthern 1h1 hour ago
Ashley Luthern Retweeted Milwaukee Police
.@michelehana (TMJ4) reporting a woman had bricks thrown at her van w/ disabled passengers inside; windows brokenAshley Luthern added,
Milwaukee Police @MilwaukeePolice
MPD officer undergoing treatment at local hospital after brick thrown through squad window, striking officer in the head.
7 retweets 1 like

https://twitter.com/aluthern

Finally national cable beginning to cover live. Fox news covering live.

A bank is also on fire according to Fox news. About 5 businesses on fire, not including the BP gas station and burning cars.

USFiR2015 ‏@USFiR2015 5m5 minutes ago
Milwaukee WI - 3536 W Fond Du Lac Ave - Heavy smoke from the BMO Harris Bank, in the area of the riots

https://twitter.com/USFiR2015

Tweets from Urban Suburban Fire Incident Reporting.

USFiR2015 ‏@USFiR2015 28m28 minutes ago
Milwaukee WI - N 35th St / W Burleigh- Upgrading to 2nd alarm for fully involved 1 story auto body shop, set by rioters

USFiR2015 ‏@USFiR2015 50m50 minutes ago
Milwaukee WI - N Sherman Blvd / W Burleigh St - Fully involved gas station, in the area of the riots

Violent protests erupt in Milwaukee after police shoot and kill armed man following a traffic stop

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...man-following-traffic-stop.html#ixzz4HHV5d9pj
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Fox news:

Mayor Tom Barrett of Milwaukee pleading with "mothers" of young people to "get them home."

Reveals that there is body camera footage of the officer involved shooting. Suspect had 23 rounds in his stolen weapon.

Also, traffic signals have been "bent over." Businesses on fire; firefighters now able to respond.

Nine "civilian" shootings (not by police) in this neighborhood in the past 24 hours. Neighborhood has had a lot of crime and unrest.

CBS 58 News ✔ @CBS58
"At this point no curfew," said Mayor Barrett

2m

CBS 58 News ✔ @CBS58
"We are going to make sure that this city is safe," said Barrett

2m

CBS 58 News ✔ @CBS58
"Monitoring the situation across the city," said MPD representative

4m

CBS 58 News ✔ @CBS58
"Extended shifts and officers are being called in," said MPD representative

5m

CBS 58 News ✔ @CBS58
"The neighborhood itself was very calm," said MPD representative

6m

CBS 58 News ✔ @CBS58
"There were 23 rounds in the gun that officer was staring at," said Barrett

6m

CBS 58 News ✔ @CBS58
"We are going to make sure that order is restored," said Barrett.

8m

CBS 58 News ✔ @CBS58
"We will be reviewing all video from disturbance," said Barrett

http://www.cbs58.com/category/290148/live-streaming-video

Juan23

Take care of yourself! Sorry to hear all of this disturbance in your area. Sad :(

Thanks ~

Good coverage K_Z!!!

I was doing minute by minute and LOST all of it, WS timed me out :(

......to be continued later in the day for me.

Thanks ~

So many fabulous places to live in that area, but one needs $$$$$$. Whitefish Bay, Mequon, Holy Hill, Cedarburg, Fox Point, Port Washington, and on and on. I love that area so much. I hope there can be some peace. Grafton is cute and not as expensive.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
branditau.wareham72@gmail
Back