791 users online (135 members and 656 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Australia - Natasha Polevoy, 50, Melbourne, Vic, 9 August 2016

Police search for missing Melbourne mother Natasha Polevoy
    The Age
    Broede Carmody
    August 12 2016

1471015178499.jpg
    Ms Polevoy's children last saw her on Tuesday 9 August. Photo: Supplied

'Police are urging members of the public to come forward to help locate a Melbourne mother, missing for three days.

Natasha Polevoy's children last saw her at her home on Lansell Road, Toorak, on Tuesday.

Police have released a photo of the 50-year-old in the hope someone will recognise her or know of her whereabouts.

Investigators say her family are concerned because her disappearance is out of character.

She did not take her phone or bank cards with her.

Ms Polevoy is about 165 centimetres tall with a petite build, short, light brown hair and blue eyes.

Anyone with information can contact Prahran Police Station on 9520 5230.'

http://www.theage.com.au/victoria/po...12-gqrjl7.html
    Last edited by Bohemian; 08-14-2016 at 08:45 PM. Reason: fixed quotation mark
    Posts are my opinion/speculation with the exception of relevant source material

The information contained herein is not to be reproduced or reprinted outside of Websleuths.com without my written permission

Is she divorced? No mention of husband or ex ..
    You don't get a medal for switching alliances just before the result, as it becomes apparent the other team is set to win.

There is a post on FB from the Director of the Young Jewish Leadership of Melbourne (YJLM) saying that Natasha is a member of their Jewish community and asking people to share The Age's article about Natasha being missing.
    Things are not what they appear to be. Nor are they otherwise.
    - Surangama Sutra

There's some solid wealth involved there. Recent sale prices in Lansell Road are over $1 million for an apartment and $7 million for a house.

Edit: This was nothing to do with the post above. SA and I cross-posted.
    Last edited by JLZ; 08-14-2016 at 11:33 PM.

Victoria Police facebook post

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?sto...14542541951223

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Lansell Road, Toorak. Close to the Yarra River, a train station, a highway ....

Google Earth image 11/9/15
    - Surangama Sutra

That Natasha did not take her bank cards or phone suggests that she did not voluntarily leave her residence. I would expect the properties in the area to have excellent security. An inference might be that she was attacked by somebody she knew.

Quote Originally Posted by JLZ View Post
    That Natasha did not take her bank cards or phone suggests that she did not voluntarily leave her residence. I would expect the properties in the area to have excellent security. An inference might be that she was attacked by somebody she knew.
    Be interesting to know if she drives and if her keys and car are gone. Could have gone for a walk....?

Quote Originally Posted by frogwell View Post
    Be interesting to know if she drives and if her keys and car are gone. Could have gone for a walk....?
    That is what I thought at first, with the river being so close. Maybe a walk along the river.
    If her car was missing (if she has one, possibly no need with the train station being within walking distance), I would have thought that we'd see a pic and rego number of the car in the police announcement.
    - Surangama Sutra

Quote Originally Posted by frogwell View Post
    Yes. The traffic's probably painful around there--anyway the main roads, all of the time--and public transport's good. She could have put house keys or security device in a pocket or something. My feeling is that if you go for a walk in that area you'd want to take some money because shops and everything are so close and you don't know where you'll end up. You run into friends and change plans, or just follow your feet. I suppose you could take some money without the cards but to me they go together.

Goes by Natasha Hepburn

What a gorgeous looking lady.

She's on Houzz (an online interiors scrapbooking site of sorts) ... I wonder if she works as an interior designer or dabbles in it as a hobby ... my first thought regarding her disappearance is that maybe she answered her door to someone.

Not another one

Quote Originally Posted by Hbayne View Post
    Goes by Natasha Hepburn
    That is interesting, can you provide a source for that?

Her LinkedIn profile (assuming it is the same person, and I hope I'm allowed to mention this as it isn't social media, per se?) shows that she was a SAP Consultant for 15 years (for those who don't know, a SAP Consultant is essentially a computer expert - they are typically rewarded very handsomely remuneration-wise). But that was only up until 2012 ... I wonder what she did after that (if anything - she might've retired or become a stay-at-home parent or kept woman).

Frustratingly, every single article about Natasha's disappearance states the exact same details ... which isn't really enough to go sleuthing with. Often you find a sentence or two in media reports that gives a few clues as to the circumstances; two pages into a Google search thus far and I haven't found any differences in any of articles - it's as if they've all printed the same blanket press release.

She has been gone for a very long time now - almost a week ... I see one of the articles was posted four days ago - I would've expected a bit more of an update to have come through by now (such as, any medical condition; if she was seen talking to anyone in the days leading up to her disappearance; her movements in general leading up to her disappearance; the ages of her kids; whether she has a partner; just any information at all about Natasha would be helpful in attempting to piece together what might have happened). In the absence of anything, I'm still thinking she responded to a knock at the door - otherwise, how could she just disappear into thin air from her home? (Unless there's a door leading to a soundproof hidden room that only she knew about and she managed to lock herself in ... that might be stretching).

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast