Anyone seen Camper?

River

Former Member
Reaction score
Website
www.
I haven't seen Camper around and I'm worried. Has anyone heard from her?

She has posted, not all that long ago, and her post was very warm and Christmassy. I think it was in the Life Styles Forum. It sounds very good for her and her family. Dunno. JMO

You're right, Imon. Camper posted today on the "Granny Magic and her angels" thread on the Lifestyles forum (page 3.) What a neat lady Camper is. I wish she'd start posting again on the JonBenet forum.

Come back, Camper!

A while back in the Jury Rm when Camper posted grandson Kyle's picture, didn't she say she was moving to a larger house before all the family come for Christmas? I think there was going to be another baby or two, so she's probably just very busy.

Move to a bigger house and the family gets bigger.

Good. Thank you for the update! I really adore Camper.

Thank you all, I still lurk once in a while. JonBenet's justice hangs on the Boulder DA, who seems to be a disinterested party.

My life has been consumed with caring for husband, he is now in a nursing home again, for good. Too sad to post much, because of my own trauma. I will never forget JonBenet.

Nice to know someone missed me!

Sorry to hear about your husband, Camper. Please keep lurking and post again when you feel up to it. I've found that sometimes this crazy forum helps by distracting you from real life troubles for a while.

Anyway, Lance dropped by to make sure everyone here in the JBR forum was changing their underwear regularly. You must at least reassure him you are. :crazy:

Oh Camper, I am sorry, but you know, you have to think about yourself too. You have been caring for his every need for as long as I have known you here - which is approaching 4 years. The nursing home can ease the burden for everyone.

When I was a student, I worked in a nursing home for 2 years and I loved it. I adore elderly people and I loved to hear their stories about olden days. I saw some very happy and contented folks in that home and some unhappy ones. My #1 piece of advice to anyone who has a relative in a nursing home is - tell them when you will next visit and keep to it. Old folks would happily anticipate a visit that was over a week away but nothing crushed them more than a relative who didn't show when they promised. That caused so much despair.

I know you will be as attentive as you always have been. However, you might consider passing on my advice to other friends and visitors.

Telling them when the next visit is due also helps them to keep track of time.

PS - Camper, Grampa passed away the week before Christmas. It was sudden, but very peaceful. He had a good day culminating in a trip to his local pub. His drinking buddies reported that he had been in sparkling form. He then returned home, poured himself a large brandy and sat down to watch TV. Seemingly, he then fell asleep and suffered a massive stroke. His home-help found him the following day - legs crossed and hands in his pockets. It was a terrible shock to us as he was coming to spend Christmas with us and we had planned a surprise 80th birthday party for him. However, we couldn't have wished for a better ending for him.

What a way to go :)

Dear, dear Camper....I'm so sorry you're going through a sad time now. I hope you'll feel less sad as time passes. Adjusting to this big change in your life must be very difficult.

My elderly aunt recently went into a nursing home. She didn't want to, but there was no other choice. She is well cared for there and is enjoying the company of others so much that she said she wouldn't leave now, even if she could. Nursing homes are so much better nowadays than they used to be.

You and your husband will be in my thoughts. I hope you'll feel like visiting us here from time to time. We'll miss you lots if you don't pop in at least once in a while.

Camper, you are in my thoughts and prayers, so is your husband.

Please keep checking in!

Why am I not surprised to hear that Lance is concerned about undergarments? This is the same fella that wanted to sell his body on WS. LOL.

I'm so sorry to hear about your husband's condition. I can certainly relate at least a little bit because my husband of 32+ years has terminal cancer. We have been dealing with this for the last 14 months. You will be included in my prayers, and I hope you do okay. Just please know that you aren't alone. :angel:

Camper, I am so sorry to hear about your husband's condition. I know you have been taking care of him for a very long time. My prayers are with you.

Jayelles, deepest sympathy for the loss of your Gandpa. He lived a long life. I know that isn't much consolation and it is harder to lose somone around the holidays. I use to volunteer in a nursing home. When I was fifteen and sixteen years old, I spent at least three evenings a week there. My friends couldn't believe I wanted to spend so much time there instead of partying with them. I loved listening to their stories and it was obvious a lot of them had no one to visit them. I would go around with my little ice cart and freshen their water pitchers. Sometimes I would read to them, or play cards, or write a letter for the ones who couldn't. It was so rewarding.

Thank you all so very much, I am truly touched by your caring and concerns. It is a very rough road to travel. I am wondering just how long it will take before I stop crying each and every day.

I think of all the really wonderful times we had together and the rough roads we traveled together. My memories will live on forever in my heart.

Candy, I am so sorry about your husband. A SIL told me that we should all be thankful that my hubby does not have a painful disease. Hubby does realize that he is losing it mentally and it is hard for him as well as the rest of us.

To all of you thank you for sharing with me the pain that you are experiencing as well. In this position each of us surely think that we are the ONLY ones suffering but this is not the case.

Even hubby says quite often when he looks around him and sees others who are much worse than he. When he says this to me, it brings me some comfort for he is correct in his observations.

ALzheimers is indeed harder on the family than on the patient, mentally, imop.

Jayelles, I had often wondered about your grampa, yes an easy departure for him.

My sympathy and understanding are yours, God bless you all.

I am so sorry to hear about your troubles Camper. I have a friend who is going through this with her mom as well. It's so very sad for everyone involved. My thoughts and prayers will be with you.

Jayelles,

So sorry to hear about your grandpa. I am glad it was peaceful. He will rest peacefully knowing how much he was loved. My prayers will be with you as well.

And Lance,

My prayers are always with you :) (yes, they're clean)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robbi708
Back