1195 users online (247 members and 948 guests)  

Websleuths News

Three things cannot be long hidden: the sun, the moon, and the truth. Buddha

Websleuths in the News

Hi Everyone,

I was honored to be invited to the Institute Library in New Haven. It was a back and forth conversation with Jack Hitt, the audience and me.

It was truly a once in a lifetime event.

We have received lots of positive feedback.

Here is the article that Randall Beach wrote for the New Haven Register:
    http://www.nhregister.com/opinion/20...g-some-respect

This is a fantastic article. There is one part that is incorrect and I take the blame for that. I'm sure I didn't describe the story very well and was it was a confusing story anyway.

When you get to the part about DeeDee Moore what actually happened was DeeDee Moore came on the forum and posted as herself. Then when she realized how stupid it was for her to be posting on the forum discussing the man she murdered (Abraham Shakespeare) she promptly denied it was really her posting and claimed it was someone else fraudulently posting as herself.

I was able to take the IP address off of her email and compare it to Moore's user name and the IP addresses were both the same. In other words, it was DeeDee Moore posting on Websleuths without question.

Thanks to the mods and members for making Websleuths the great forum that it is today.

Tricia
    Websleuths is TEMPORARILY accepting donations.

CLICK HERE
    to visit our GoFundMe page

OR

Quote Originally Posted by Tricia View Post
    Hi Everyone,

I was honored to be invited to the Institute Library in New Haven. It was a back and forth conversation with Jack Hitt, the audience and me.

It was truly a once in a lifetime event.

We have received lots of positive feedback.

Here is the article that Randall Beach wrote for the New Haven Register:
    http://www.nhregister.com/opinion/20...g-some-respect

This is a fantastic article. There is one part that is incorrect and I take the blame for that. I'm sure I didn't describe the story very well and was it was a confusing story anyway.

When you get to the part about DeeDee Moore what actually happened was DeeDee Moore came on the forum and posted as herself. Then when she realized how stupid it was for her to be posting on the forum discussing the man she murdered (Abraham Shakespeare) she promptly denied it was really her posting and claimed it was someone else fraudulently posting as herself.

I was able to take the IP address off of her email and compare it to Moore's user name and the IP addresses were both the same. In other words, it was DeeDee Moore posting on Websleuths without question.

Thanks to the mods and members for making Websleuths the great forum that it is today.

Tricia

Congrats Tricia !

It must have been an exciting experience. The linked article was well done.

Hi Tricia,

I just wanted to say congratulations, and I think you did an excellent job.

You strive for something and you did succeed!

Thanks ~
    GeeEm

Yeeeah I'm not an old biddie either lol. Arm chair detective maybe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I always wondered why somebody doesn't do something about that. Then I realized I was somebody.

Lily Tomlin

Websleuths in "Speaking in Bones" a Kathy Reichs book

This isn't exactly 'the news', but one of the most recent Temperance Brennan books has a websleuther as a character. Not a Websleuther. I read this about a year ago and just happened to think of it. If you like the Temperance books, you'll like this one.