IL IL - George Lister, 74, East Moline, 15 Oct 2005

ketel0ne

The artist formerly known as 'Absolut'
Reaction score
Please delete this and forgive me if this case has been posted, I didn't see it.

George Lister, 74: Missing East Moline, IL Oct. 15th

A seven thousand dollar reward is now being offered for information in the George Lister case. The East Moline man has been missing since Saturday, October 15th. Lister left home to check on a possible contracting job. He was later seen at Shorty’s Pizza where he was a part-time delivery driver. Police found Lister’s truck Wednesday, October 19th at the East Moline Walgreens on Avenue of the Cities. Family members say it’s not like Lister to just disappear. Police believe the circumstances surrounding his disappearance are suspicious, and a team of investigators from The Rock Island County Sheriff’s Department is on the case. If you have any information about George Lister’s disappearance, you can call Crime Stoppers at 309-762-9500. You do not have to give your name. If your information helps solve the case, you could get $7,000 in cash.
http://www.whbf.com/Global/story.asp?S=4010659&nav=0zGo

Elderly people are so defenseless...just like little kids. I wonder why anyone would want to harm this man? If he was deliverying pizza he must not have been loaded with money...they evidentally didn't want his vehicle. It just never stops. I hope he is found soon and hasn't been harmed.

Thanks for the update.

Body identified in Rock Island county

Posted: Nov 9, 2005

A body found Saturday near Illinois 92 and interstate 280 has been positively identified as a missing Campbell's Island man.

Rock Island county sheriff's lieutenant Gerry Bustos says the body is that of 74-year old George Lister.
Bustos says a local dentist working with the county coroner's office was able to identify the body through dental records.

He says foul play is suspected in the death, but an autopsy could not determine exactly what caused Lister to die. He says the body has a fractured bone in the neck and a forensic anthropolgist will be taking a look at that.

Lister was last seen alive at his home October 15th.

http://www.woc1420.com/cc-common/local_new...2135&feed=local

http://www.wqad.com/Global/story.asp?S=4571184&nav=1sW7

Moline, Il-A coroner's jury today ruled the deaths of George Lister and Nick Atwater as homicides, but now what the families need, are arrests in both cases.

About a dozen of Lister's family members came to todays inquest. Lister was found in a remote, wooded area off Interstate 280 and Route 94 on November 5, after he went missing October 16.

Rock Island County investigator Eric Holton today said the 74 year old's body was found propped up against a tree, lying on his back, and for the first time revealed that he doesn't believe Lister was actually killed there at the scene. ''The body positioning was such he was either carried or dumped up top from the service road and rolled to that position''.

Family members of Nick Atwater attended todays inquest, too. He was shot in the head in a parking lot at an apartment complez in Milan. No one's been arrested, the investigation ongoing.

''The toughest part is not knowing who did it, why they did it, ''cried Betty Atwater. ''My son didn't deserve to die, if anybody knows anything, please call the police, I just can't go through this anymore''.

Lister's daughter says it's tough not knowing who killed her father , or how he died. ''He was such a good guy, everybody liked my Dad. I had a dream about him last night, he was talking to me'', said Diana McIntire. ''We really need to know''

Lister, a construction man by trade, was last seen by his wife at his house on Campbells Island. He received a cell phone call around 4:3 0pm for a bid inquiring about a retaining wall, and was never seen alive again.

Both families say they have confidence that investigators in Milan and Rock Island County, will crack their unsolved cases.

''We have all the confidence in the world in them'', said Lister's daughter Pam Van Rycke.

''We're gonna get em'', said Lister's widow Dorothy. ''We're gonna get 'em''.

The Murder of George Lister

I remember in October 2005 when CBS4 started running stories about a missing Campbell's Island man, 74 years old, who drove a white pick up truck. As the days he was missing turned into weeks, I became familiar with the name George Lister. I was covering a benefit to raise reward money for tips on his whereabouts the same day that a body was found along Illinois 92.

Story continues at link

From April 2010:

http://www.qconline.com/archives/mo...cle_dae51147-1298-5590-8961-934941f1a48b.html

The calls and e-mails started arriving shortly after publication of a list of 52 unsolved murders in the Quad-Cities area, dating back to 1935. "What about ...?" was the question callers and writers had in common. Here are the additional unsolved murders called to our attention...

On Nov. 5, 2005, a man picking up cans found the body of George Lister along Illinois 92 near the Interstate 280 interchange. Mr. Lister, a 74-year-old from Campbells Island, had been reported missing about three weeks earlier.

Mr. Lister last was seen at Shorty's Pizza in East Moline, which he co-owned. His 1998 Chevrolet S-10 truck was found at a Walgreens in East Moline soon after he was reported missing; his keys and credit cards were still in the truck.

"Family searches for new leads in decade-old cold case murder"

http://kwqc.com/2015/10/14/family-searches-for-new-leads-in-decade-old-cold-case-murder/

A local family is still searching for answers in a decade-old homicide case. Wednesday, October 15th marks ten years since 74-year old George Lister of East Moline went missing. His body was later found in a wooded area in Rock Island County. Now, his loved ones are holding a memorial event, hoping to spark renewed interest and ultimately bring closure.

“It’s been really hard for the whole family. He was the rock of our family. He really made sure things clicked and went, you know. He was always there for anybody,” said Crystal Desmond.

“The difficulty we had in this case was time. Time and evidence,” said Lt. Eric Holton with the Rock Island County Sheriff’s Office.

However, Lt. Holton says one thing has remained consistent. That is having a main person of interest since the very beginning.

“We have, my belief, a pretty good circumstantial case at this point. Just looking for that final piece of the puzzle,” he added.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
branditau.wareham72@gmail
Back