1202 users online (218 members and 984 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 56 of 56 FirstFirst ... 6 46 54 55 56
    Quote Originally Posted by Velma View Post
    Fantastic, thank you! Very informative about the process thus far.
    It sure is. Lot's of games being played IMO.

So, jury selection October 12

And it looks like we have our answer as to where DM is staying for a while. Toronto East Detention Centre in Scarborough. I wonder if he's been there since leaving Barton Street? Another private cell I presume?

MOO

Quote Originally Posted by Kamille View Post
    It sure is. Lot's of games being played IMO.
    Yes, that's what I gathered as well. It looks like DM is trying to control the courts just as he ran his life outside of prison. Although he's trying to hide his wealth not flaunt it. Did he really think the 'third party' money wouldn't be discovered? Glad the state isn't paying for his defence.

It also gives us some solid $ figures on how much wealth DM really has left (and it's a good amount).

But really, in the end, what is to be gained by dragging out the trial? They're already serving life, not much to lose at this point. I guess it's some extra entertainment for DM when he gets to leave for the proceedings? He'll have a long life of never leaving those walls once it's over with. Maybe that's it.

It also gives us some solid $ figures on how much wealth DM really has left (and it's a good amount).
    Well I am sure the Bosmas appreciate the work the court has done in uncovering DM's money with regard to their lawsuit against him, his mother, MS and CN.

Also interesting is the the word "mother" 11X in that document and "she remains supportive of her son"...she's totally in on the hijinks.

Really hoping to see things come out in the wash.

Quote Originally Posted by SnooperDuper View Post
    Well I am sure the Bosmas appreciate the work the court has done in uncovering DM's money with regard to their lawsuit against him, his mother, MS and CN.

Also interesting is the the word "mother" 11X in that document and "she remains supportive of her son"...she's totally in on the hijinks.

I fully agree, Snooper! Didn't we suspect she had been in on it all along?

Quote Originally Posted by SnooperDuper View Post
    It will be some filthy laundry, no doubt.

Thank you.

Wow...

The Millard Properties Inc. assets identified ... about $200,000 in the corporate bank account and $1.6 million in mortgage proceeds (being paid to the company at a rate of $18,000 per month). In addition, Millardís mother (in her capacity as Estate Trustee for Wayne Millard) was still holding some $800,000 to $900,000 in cash proceeds from the sale of Millard Properties Inc.ís main corporate asset (the original payment of these proceeds to the estate had been almost $1.2 million but it had been dissipated). Millard, in turn, was owed over $5.2 million in shareholder loans that he had made to Millard Properties Inc. and that had been used to pay off corporate debt and facilitate the sale of the large modern airport hangar.

So are we to assume that Millard Properties is holding the mortgage on the hangar and receiving payments of $18,000 a month? And therefore while the hangar was sold for 4.8 million, Millard Properties will receive a lot more than than for it. How did the original down payment of 1.2 million get "dissipated" to between $800,000 - $900,000? That's a lot of money being "dissipated". I hope the Bosma lawyers are keeping their eyes on the bouncing ball. I suspect there's a lot of money possibly being hidden in a rabbit hole.

MOO

Verdict: GUILTY for both Millard and Smich of 1st degree murder #3

Quote Originally Posted by Kamille View Post
    I suspect there's a lot of money possibly being hidden in a rabbit hole.

MOO
    Let's hope someone gets their paw stuck in a honey pot

Let's hope someone gets their paw stuck in a honey pot
    Oh bother

But really, in the end, what is to be gained by dragging out the trial? They're already serving life, not much to lose at this point. I guess it's some extra entertainment for DM when he gets to leave for the proceedings? He'll have a long life of never leaving those walls once it's over with. Maybe that's it.
    Hmm... thank you so much to qdm for posting this. I am just starting to wade through the document.. but something kind of pops out at me right in the beginning.. in regard to what is to be gained by dragging out this trial..

Did anyone else notice that it seems that DM is trying to manipulate the courts, as to the timing, and as to the *order* of the trials? Why has DM secured Pellay for the WM murder, but not for the Babcock murder? Pellay (sorry if I'm spelling his name wrong, it has been a long time).. seems at the ready to defend DM on the WM murder during fall 2017, which is the time when the courts want the Babcock trial to commence. The judge in that document made mention of 'the order'..

I am thinking therefore... there is a reason why DM wants the WM trial to proceed ahead of the LB trial. Could it be that something (as yet unknown), to be laid out during the LB trial, will help to convict on the WM trial?

- the seventh appearance in this Court, on October 14, 2016, was a significant one as both Mr. Bernstein and Mr. Pillay appeared and applied for an adjournment of the February 13, 2017 trial date. Mr. Bernstein advised that he was not retained but, if retained at some point in the future, he could act for Millard on the Babcock murder case but only if the trial were adjourned until January 2018. Mr. Pillay advised that he anticipated being retained by Millard within a few months and would act for him in relation to a third murder that Millard was charged with (relating to the death of Millard’s father Wayne) that was also pending in Toronto. Mr. Pillay advised that he was available to conduct the defence in relation to the Wayne Millard murder in September 2017.''

.... "In essence, if I accede to Mr. Millard's request he will de facto dictate the order of prosecution of the indictments contrary to the wishes of the Crown Attorney." ... "As I note, Mr. Pillay, who he has confidence in in relation to dealing with the Wayne Millard indictment, is in fact available in September. He also has the right to have anyone else retained he wishes as long as they are available for trial in September of 2017."
    Wonder what is the reason for DM not wanting Pillay to act as his lawyer in the LB case? And What is the reason for seemingly to appear to want the LB trial to be AFTER the WM trial? My mind is spinning thinking of the possibilities.

(Did DM choose this no-name new lawyer *because* he was not available until 2018, and he was therefore hoping that that reason for adjourning the LB trial would be accepted, and by default, therefore the WM trial would go first?)
    Last edited by deugirtni; Today at 06:33 AM. Reason: typo and add on at the end and add bolding

DM is running out of ways to delay the inevitable; despite his repeated attempts to manipulate the court system. I'm really looking forward to the upcoming trials to finally get all the pieces of the puzzle. The amount of money he still has access to was quite surprising, I really hope that the lawsuit drys up whatever he has left!!

Page 56 of 56 FirstFirst ... 6 46 54 55 56