1198 users online (214 members and 984 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 58 of 58 FirstFirst ... 8 48 56 57 58
    Quote Originally Posted by JPC View Post
    Is there going to be a separate thread for the Babcock trial? I am having a hard time finding it

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    There was a LB thread which seems to have been shut down prematurely, with no explanation remaining.. maybe that one will reopen? Might be helpful to have some of the LB posts in the same thread.. but the cases seem to be *so* intertwined..

Quote Originally Posted by SnooperDuper View Post
    I think the defence is only entitled to the raw video without any interpretation.

The TB trial had 10,000 video clips http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/hamilt...ible-1.2542359 and that's all we know, so there is no way to turn that into hours or terabytes and compare.

Remember what the AG said way back when re: the TB trial:

The ministry’s decision to approve the direct indictment, a first since she became attorney general earlier this year, is a sign of a solid case gathered by prosecutors, Madeleine Meilleur told reporters after question period Wednesday.

“I’m not going to speak about the case, but when this procedure is supported, it’s because there is good evidence that the person being accused will become convicted,” she said.
    https://www.thestar.com/news/gta/201...rder_case.html
    I remember that.. and I am still surprised if that person never has heck to pay for saying that!

Quote Originally Posted by deugirtni View Post
    I remember that.. and I am still surprised if that person never has heck to pay for saying that!
    Well isn't that what happened? IMO you can't pretend to be shocked that those two were convicted, only shocked by what exactly they did. I thought just going from the hints in the newspapers that this was a slam dunk case and that both were going to go down for it. The AG was basically saying, listen, we have a ton of solid evidence. I think the same thing has happened for the LB case: once LE dug into all of DM and MS's electronic devices I imagine they uncovered the whole story. 30 terabytes, that's a lot of dirt to have on somebody. IMO that is why a direct indictment has been granted.

Well isn't that what happened? IMO you can't pretend to be shocked that those two were convicted, only shocked by what exactly they did. I thought just going from the hints in the newspapers that this was a slam dunk case and that both were going to go down for it. The AG was basically saying, listen, we have a ton of solid evidence. I think the same thing has happened for the LB case: once LE dug into all of DM and MS's electronic devices I imagine they uncovered the whole story. 30 terabytes, that's a lot of dirt to have on somebody. IMO that is why a direct indictment has been granted.
    I was impressed by the amount of evidence the two sides argued over during the pre-trial motions I attended. Normal, law abiding citizens, who have faith in our justice system, don't give thought to the amount of evidence that never makes it to the trial- for me, it was an eye opener. I think there were many things, like the incinerator, that the defence desperately tried to get tossed out of the TB trial- knowing full well it would incriminate Twiddly Dee and Twiddly Dumb in the LB trial. Just as a hypothetical notion, it would be difficult for the Crown to get video's or anything with incinerator involvement permitted in the LB trial if it had not been allowed in the TB trial. My guess is that the Crown has a "Royal Flush" in this case. In the TB case, they had time-stamped video of DM's truck towing the incinerator to the hangar. These two guys are psychopaths and I'm sure the terabytes of evidence are going to shock our senses...again. MOO On another note, I wonder if MB's is going to attend any portion of this trial?

I'm not talking about myself and my own feelings and/or beliefs.. I'm surprised that someone of the AG's stature would get away with saying, out loud, in public, in front of the legal community, and the press, there is good evidence that the person being accused will become convicted. There are different and assorted valid reasons for going straight to trial, probably any of which were valid in that case. The burden of proof is at a much lower standard in a preliminary hearing than it is in a trial. It kind of goes without saying that there was enough evidence to go to trial, without going to the time and expense of holding a prelim in this case... but then that is true in probably most criminal cases. It just surprises me that no reprisals ever came from her saying that, having come from that particular person's lips - if those words had come from a lawyer who was completely uninvolved in the case, and/or exempt from any decisions to be made in the case, I would have thought little of it. To me, she has publicly made a judgement call on their guilt, as opposed to whether there was enough evidence to go to trial.. and isn't deciding guilt the mandate of the jury at trial in our province? I'm not arguing with anything other than that she apparently said that out loud in public. With those words, could she not have been said to have tainted the future prospective jury pool's impression on their guilt ahead of time? In our country we are supposed to be innocent until proven guilty. As far as I understand it, her mandate was merely to decide whether there was enough evidence to skip the prelim. Just my thoughts on that, of course.
    Last edited by deugirtni; 09-15-2017 at 11:41 PM. Reason: missed a word

Quote Originally Posted by MsSherlock View Post
    I was impressed by the amount of evidence the two sides argued over during the pre-trial motions I attended. Normal, law abiding citizens, who have faith in our justice system, don't give thought to the amount of evidence that never makes it to the trial- for me, it was an eye opener. I think there were many things, like the incinerator, that the defence desperately tried to get tossed out of the TB trial- knowing full well it would incriminate Twiddly Dee and Twiddly Dumb in the LB trial. Just as a hypothetical notion, it would be difficult for the Crown to get video's or anything with incinerator involvement permitted in the LB trial if it had not been allowed in the TB trial. My guess is that the Crown has a "Royal Flush" in this case. In the TB case, they had time-stamped video of DM's truck towing the incinerator to the hangar. These two guys are psychopaths and I'm sure the terabytes of evidence are going to shock our senses...again. MOO On another note, I wonder if MB's is going to attend any portion of this trial?
    Speaking of things that never make it to trial, I came across this article, which was a refresher.. also, it says, "19. This investigation marks the largest seizure of electronic data in any Ontario homicide case.
    There were 26,000 text messages from Millard's phone alone and nine versions of disclosure."

Nine versions of disclosure! And.. 'marks the largest seizure of electronic data in any Ontario homicide case'... does this mean that the LB case has surpassed this one? I'm so confused about that one reporter's tweet, and the validity of it.

https://www.thespec.com/news-story/6...as-never-told/

A new discussion thread has been created specifically for Laura Babcock and the pending trial.Some posts have been moved over for you.

Please continue HERE

Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by MsSherlock View Post
    On another note, I wonder if MB's is going to attend any portion of this trial?
    I doubt it. I think she is too embarrased to publicly show her face despite what she does in private.

Page 58 of 58 FirstFirst ... 8 48 56 57 58