769 users online (90 members and 679 guests)  


The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News


Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 34
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    899

    DC Police aggression caught on video, investigation initiated

    I'd say this is unbelievable, but we've seen it far too often to deny. Bully with a badge.


    D.C. police investigate Twitter video of black female lifted off feet by officer


    https://www.washingtonpost.com/local....html#comments

    "“We’ve been made aware of the video and contacted their commanding officer,” said Rachel Schaerr, a department spokeswoman. She added that D.C. police will “continue investigating this matter.”

    Great. And once again, the police are investigating.....the police. The woman who took the video said the victim was not arrested. The male officer approached the woman shooting the video and asked if his partner could "borrow" her phone because the partner had lost hers. Thank goodness she had presence of mind not to give it to him. Bet his body cam never works either. Thank goodness for cell phones and quick thinking people.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    952
    animlzrule - in as much detail as possible please tell me why the officer was talking to her to begin with and anything else you know about what went on before the video started.

    thanx!

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    899
    FOX 5 EXCLUSIVE: Woman seen on video pinned to car by DC Police speaks with FOX 5

    http://www.fox5dc.com/news/local-news/191738331-story

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    952
    ^yeah i was just reading that, so there was an argument going on between 3 people, cops get there and... what? i guess we will find out when the police make a statement. doesnt seem like they were too concerned with either of the other two people (assuming this, just because you dont see them in the video), i wonder what was different about her that made the guy focus on her.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    899
    <modsnip>

    She's 32 years old and a teacher, evidently.
    Last edited by sillybilly; 08-17-2016 at 04:32 PM. Reason: snip quoted post

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    899
    Quote Originally Posted by drjones View Post
    ^yeah i was just reading that, so there was an argument going on between 3 people, cops get there and... what? i guess we will find out when the police make a statement. doesnt seem like they were too concerned with either of the other two people (assuming this, just because you dont see them in the video), i wonder what was different about her that made the guy focus on her.

    I'm not so much interested in why he targeted her as I am in what universe would this be considered acceptable. Hope he loses his badge, and his accomplice should face penalties as well.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Coos Bay, Oregon
    Posts
    2,564
    Quote Originally Posted by animlzrule View Post
    She's 32 years old and a teacher, evidently.
    OK, thanks. She looks pretty young to be 32. But it still doesn’t justify the cops conduct.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    952
    Quote Originally Posted by animlzrule View Post
    I'm not so much interested in why he targeted her as I am in what universe would this be considered acceptable. Hope he loses his badge, and his accomplice should face penalties as well.
    what would the female officer be penalized for?

    im confused why you feel like nothing could possibly justify his doing this, its not like he is holding her by the throat or something, he is just restraining her. do you think there is never any reason for the police to restrain someone? or do you have some specific objection to the way he is holding her? would it have been better for him to take her down to the ground?

    without knowing why he did what he did i dont understand how anyone could be so outraged. his tone and language are pretty insulting and combative, he will need to have a good reason for all of his actions. does he have a good reason? we dont know yet. is it possible he is a hothead and had no justification? sure, a very similar thing just happened last year in my town.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    41,412
    We don't know what the fight at the bus stop was even about. Maybe the cop had a reason to believe she was a prostitute? Why was she in a loud fight that got the attention of LE? I'd like to know some of that info before I assume the cops were totally out of line.

    WHY does the video jump from her standing at the bus stop right to her already being up against the squad car? What happened in between that time?
    “Every day that they don’t find something is good for me.“ Billie Dunn

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Jacksonville, Florida
    Posts
    2,215
    Quote Originally Posted by drjones View Post
    what would the female officer be penalized for?

    im confused why you feel like nothing could possibly justify his doing this, its not like he is holding her by the throat or something, he is just restraining her. do you think there is never any reason for the police to restrain someone? or do you have some specific objection to the way he is holding her? would it have been better for him to take her down to the ground?

    without knowing why he did what he did i dont understand how anyone could be so outraged. his tone and language are pretty insulting and combative, he will need to have a good reason for all of his actions. does he have a good reason? we dont know yet. is it possible he is a hothead and had no justification? sure, a very similar thing just happened last year in my town.
    I wasn't asked, but I am totally outraged--and yes, I get to feel that way.

    I object to the way he held her off the ground and pressed up again the squad car. And his entire demeanor.

    Time for steroid testing??

    Totally out of bounds, IMHO.


  11. #11
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    899
    Quote Originally Posted by drjones View Post
    what would the female officer be penalized for?

    im confused why you feel like nothing could possibly justify his doing this, its not like he is holding her by the throat or something, he is just restraining her. do you think there is never any reason for the police to restrain someone? or do you have some specific objection to the way he is holding her? would it have been better for him to take her down to the ground?


    without knowing why he did what he did i dont understand how anyone could be so outraged. his tone and language are pretty insulting and combative, he will need to have a good reason for all of his actions. does he have a good reason? we dont know yet. is it possible he is a hothead and had no justification? sure, a very similar thing just happened last year in my town.

    If one can watch that video, and read the testimony of the witness, and still not see how egregious this cop's behavior is, then I don't know what to tell you. Aside from the obvious harassment and physical/verbal abuse perpetrated on this woman, the fact that they so quickly let her go without so much as searching her or cuffing her or otherwise detaining her (except for, you know, crushing her up against the car in a manner so as to cause her feet to be off the ground) tells you he/they knew almost immediately that they had made a big error in judgment and protocol. It's quite obvious he had no reason to be reacting in the way that he did. I understand that for many, even in the face of video and audio evidence, the police are thought to be infallible. The more these dirty cops get exposed the better. <modsnip>
    Last edited by sillybilly; 08-17-2016 at 04:35 PM. Reason: leave the POC comments out of this discussion

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    952
    Quote Originally Posted by animlzrule View Post
    If one can watch that video, and read the testimony of the witness, and still not see how egregious this cop's behavior is, then I don't know what to tell you. Aside from the obvious harassment and physical/verbal abuse perpetrated on this woman, the fact that they so quickly let her go without so much as searching her or cuffing her or otherwise detaining her (except for, you know, crushing her up against the car in a manner so as to cause her feet to be off the ground) tells you he/they knew almost immediately that they had made a big error in judgment and protocol. It's quite obvious he had no reason to be reacting in the way that he did. I understand that for many, even in the face of video and audio evidence, the police are thought to be infallible. The more these dirty cops get exposed the better. <modsnip>
    "I understand that for many, even in the face of video and audio evidence, the police are thought to be infallible."

    you have made a very common mistake here, which is assuming that i have come to some conclusion about the incident. i have not. in fact, it appears to be you who has already come to several conclusions about what happened, even tho we know very little.

    all i am saying is that while the officer's actions appear heavy handed, that it is POSSIBLE for the officer's actions to be allowable, i cant say for sure without all the information regarding what happened in the initial encounter before the video started. if his actions were unwarranted then he seems unstable and i would have no problem with him being fired and/or charged.

    you seem to be saying that it is IMPOSSIBLE that anything could have happened to justify the officer doing what we see on the video, and you seem to be assuming that the sparse comments we have heard about the incident are all true and they are all we need to know to come to conclusions.

    i disagree.
    Last edited by sillybilly; 08-17-2016 at 04:36 PM. Reason: snip quoted post

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    12,222
    Quote Originally Posted by drjones View Post
    "I understand that for many, even in the face of video and audio evidence, the police are thought to be infallible."

    you have made a very common mistake here, which is assuming that i have come to some conclusion about the incident. i have not. in fact, it appears to be you who has already come to several conclusions about what happened, even tho we know very little.

    all i am saying is that while the officer's actions appear heavy handed, that it is POSSIBLE for the officer's actions to be allowable, i cant say for sure without all the information regarding what happened in the initial encounter before the video started. if his actions were unwarranted then he seems unstable and i would have no problem with him being fired and/or charged.

    you seem to be saying that it is IMPOSSIBLE that anything could have happened to justify the officer doing what we see on the video, and you seem to be assuming that the sparse comments we have heard about the incident are all true and they are all we need to know to come to conclusions.

    i disagree.
    Totally agree.

    Most of what we see in the video's from phone camera's start AFTER what caused them to record the event. We have not heard what happened to cause his actions. Everyone around that is watching do not seem to be bothered by what he is doing and she does not seem to be in pain while there and after he lowers her to the ground she continues to talk with him/them. One thing I noticed was that he held to his level. jmo idk

    As far as him have a ponytail, I know a county officer, (md) He has tats and long hair,(enough for a ponytail, pierced ear. For the most part he is undercover but when they are thin he pulls the earring the union covers his tats and the ponytail can be pulled back. And he never works undercover in the same district for sometimes patrols. jmo idk


    eta spelling
    Just know one thing, I am the majority.

    Adios amego's

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    1,129
    What makes me think there is more to this story is that a potion is shown before the cop gets out of his car. Then it is cut to the female held up to the car by the officer.
    What happened in that time? Did she take a swing at the officer or anyone else standing there?
    We just don't know what happened in that time.
    He may, or may not of had a justifiable reason for what is on video. IMO

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    952
    Quote Originally Posted by ohreally View Post
    What makes me think there is more to this story is that a potion is shown before the cop gets out of his car. Then it is cut to the female held up to the car by the officer.
    What happened in that time? Did she take a swing at the officer or anyone else standing there?
    We just don't know what happened in that time.
    He may, or may not of had a justifiable reason for what is on video. IMO
    i think the video you are referring to here happens after the incident, as the police are about to leave.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast


Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 07-19-2016, 04:01 PM
  2. TX- Racist abuse caught on video
    By animlzrule in forum Up to the Minute
    Replies: 41
    Last Post: 07-17-2016, 03:45 PM
  3. Officer Caught on Video Abusing K9
    By Blondie in Spokane in forum Up to the Minute
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 05-06-2014, 11:05 AM
  4. Police Officer Caught Masturbating on Video While on Duty
    By TrackerSam in forum Bizarre and Off-Beat News
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 04-13-2012, 03:18 PM