1088 users online (236 members and 852 guests)  

Websleuths News

SC Teens Accused of Murdering Man Who Helped Them

Two teenagers are accused of fatally shooting a man who stopped to help them get a vehicle out of a ditch late Monday in North Charleston.

Jacksonville, Florida
    From the same article. Over twenty dollars! So sad.

Arrest affidavits state that around 11 p.m. Monday, Garrett agreed to help the teens pull a 2016 Dodge Durango out of a ditch for $20. A witness, who is not named in the documents, told North Charleston police that after he removed the vehicle from the ditch and inquired about the money owed, Frasier pulled out a gun and fired multiple shots.
    MOO - My Opinion Only

From OP link:

Dupree-Tyler briefly responded to the family before being cut off by the judge. Frasier, whose hearing was after his co-defendant’s, tried to respond but was not permitted to speak.

“With all due respect to the family, they coming at me the wrong way because I haven’t murdered anyone,” Dupree-Tyler said.

(Victim's Father)
    “I don’t think it was so much (a) robbery as it was hatred of your own brother,” he said, adding that he wished he could have had a better father.

He summed it up in one response. imo
    "I used to think the worst thing in life was to end up all alone, it's not ... The worst thing in life is to end up with people that make you feel all alone." - Robin Williams

August 17, 2016
    8:06 PM EDT

Good Samaritan Killed After Helping Suspects Pull SUV From Ditch

The victim, who died at the scene, was identified as Chadwick Garrett, a 45-year-old North Charleston resident.

Pryor says 17-year-old Deon Antonio Frasier and 19-year-old Michael Odell Anthony Dupree-Tyler, both of North Charleston, are charged with murder.

Frasier is also charged with possession of a firearm during a violent crime.