JonBenet's state of health

txsvicki

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
I'm not sure if this has been discussed lately or not so please excuse me. I'm up late with a cough and reading Perfect Murder Perfect Town. I didn't realize just how sickly JonBenet was beginning when she was a couple of years old and got worse when she went to stay with Nedra and then within 5 months, at age 3, had bad breath and chronic sinusitis. I am extremely amazed to read just how sick JonBenet was from January '94 through the end of May '94. This is four months of coughs, congestion, bad breath, no appetite, trouble sleeping, bladder infection, vaginal discharge, ear ache, and irritability. I'd be miserable if I had all that happening at one time. I wonder if anyone in the family ever considered that the mold growing on the floor of that room in the basement could be causing JonBenet's problems? Surely they tried to figure out what was causing her miserable symptoms. If JonBenet had more tummy upsets, due to her soiling episodes, she could have even been suffering from some sort of intestinal parasite such as Giardia. Instead of making it all about Patsy, the regression of toilet training in JonBenet could actually have been because of a health problem of her own.

txsvicki said:
I'm not sure if this has been discussed lately or not so please excuse me. I'm up late with a cough and reading Perfect Murder Perfect Town. I didn't realize just how sickly JonBenet was beginning when she was a couple of years old and got worse when she went to stay with Nedra and then within 5 months, at age 3, had bad breath and chronic sinusitis. I am extremely amazed to read just how sick JonBenet was from January '94 through the end of May '94. This is four months of coughs, congestion, bad breath, no appetite, trouble sleeping, bladder infection, vaginal discharge, ear ache, and irritability. I'd be miserable if I had all that happening at one time. I wonder if anyone in the family ever considered that the mold growing on the floor of that room in the basement could be causing JonBenet's problems? Surely they tried to figure out what was causing her miserable symptoms. If JonBenet had more tummy upsets, due to her soiling episodes, she could have even been suffering from some sort of intestinal parasite such as Giardia. Instead of making it all about Patsy, the regression of toilet training in JonBenet could actually have been because of a health problem of her own.
I think she suffered from STRESS

There were probably several concurrent causes.

You're saying JonBenet stayed with Nedra for quite a while, away from the basement mold. Where did she live at the time? Not Atlanta?

Doesn't it sound like she needed a different pediatrician? How long had they had Dr. Boeff or whatever his name was? All her life?

Linda7NJ said:
I think she suffered from STRESS
You betcha.
I am pretty much convinced she was being abused sexually as well emotionally.
The regression in her toilet training was due to these two factors.

Talk about stress -

Paperback DOI, page 53

JonBenet's paticipation in pageants was one of her many hobbies. She also loved inline skating, arts and crafts, and gymnastics. She had been signed up for rock-climbing lessons, and took piano and violin lessons.

Now I'm thinking - 6 year old girl, just starting school, and her free time is occupied by not only piano lessons but violin lessons too, with gymnastics thrown in and rock-climbing lessons pending? That'd be hard for me to handle as an adult, now imagine you are six and doing all of this plus competing in pageants, being featured on floats in town parades, plus being sexually abused as well as emotionally (I agree she was suffering from emotional abuse...I think she was treated as more of a possession than a person.) And I don't think JB was doing all of these things because she wanted to so much as her mother wanted her to. I think all of that was an awful lot of stress for JonBenet, and I think her physical health suffered from it all. That poor child.

narlacat said:
You betcha.
I am pretty much convinced she was being abused sexually as well emotionally.
The regression in her toilet training was due to these two factors.
sexual abuse will also lead to bladder infections and vaginal discharge...

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chingona361
Back