KS - David Ellis, 23, shot to death, Parsons, 3 June 2016

wfgodot

Former Member
Reaction score
Parsons Sun:

More details emerge in fatal shooting

---
Sheriff Robert Sims said Thursday evening that David N. Ellis had been shot multiple times by a semi-automatic weapon. He would not provide specifics about how many times or where Ellis was shot or the caliber or type of weapon used.

Sims said he believed the crime was drug related. Multiple kinds of drugs were found in the apartment. He would not provide specifics on the drugs recovered or the quantities involved. The crime also wasn’t a random act of violence, Sims said, and the perpetrators had a purpose in going to the apartment.
---
Labette County 911 dispatch received a call at 1:34 a.m. June 3 reporting several people entering into Ellis’ apartment armed with guns.
---
The suspects initially were described as a white male, a black male and a black female.
more at the link

David N. Ellis obit

I'm from Parsons, a place which has fallen into serious decline over the last 35 years. In the last three, there have been seven murders in a town of about 10,000 -- in addition to the one above, an ex-boyfriend allegedly killed a woman and her three children; a man shot an acquaintance to death; and a father allegedly murdered his son. There have been drive-bys and shootings on school grounds. Drugs are rampant. Dissatisfaction with LE is an issue -- the sheriff named in the article above lost his primary bid this year. The other murders were solved fairly easily; it will be interesting to see if that's the case here. Already, 75 days have passed.

Understanding the region? This site's video charts Parsons as the #3-worst place to live in Kansas, and lists five other nearby SEK towns in its Bottom Ten: Chanute, Independence, Ft. Scott, Pittsburg (where I went to school!) and Coffeyville. Yep, "meth belt." (Just ignore voiceover guy's mispronunciation of Osawatomie.)

Yeah, I lived in that county, and worked in C'Ville, and I loved it! It was really hard to vision that town being that high on the crime list, but it is! I have no problem with Pittsburg being on that list. I like to shop there just to get away for the day, but I NEVER want to live there!

Yeah, I lived in that county, and worked in C'Ville, and I loved it! It was really hard to vision that town being that high on the crime list, but it is! I have no problem with Pittsburg being on that list. I like to shop there just to get away for the day, but I NEVER want to live there!
Pittsburg? Wow. Albeit I haven't revisited in 10+ years, but, having lived there for six or seven, I'd probably still feel safest there, plus I do enjoy the various ethnicities of Crawford County. Independence used to be, I thought, a real jewel in the SEK crown; now, I guess, not so much. Ft. Scott's surprising to find listed. I have friends from there and -- um; what happened? Chanute I knew from friends and celebrations -- Diez y Seis, Cinco de Mayo, and that's how I'll remember it, as companionship and fun. Coffeyville's always had the reputation of a tough little town entirely too close to Oklahoma. Parsons lost its cultural identity when the Katy Railroad ceased to exist. I'll always love it and its racial mix, though. I wouldn't be me without it.

Checked for updates, but found nothing.

Still no updates. PPD needs to get off their rear ends and start working on this. With Bennett's trial not until next year, they should have plenty of time to find out who killed David!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam
Back