1786 users online (406 members and 1380 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Link: http://images.nymag.com/news/feature...0511_2_560.jpg

(Left: Stan on the couple's fire escape after the disappearance. Right: Etan with his mother, Julie, at his 6th birthday party, 1978.
    [Photo: From left, Marty Reichenthal/AP; Patz Imaging])
    ----------------------

Travis Alexander (1977-2008)

Teghan Alyssa Skiba (RIP sweet baby)
    -------------------------
    No one can make you feel inferior without your consent. -Eleanor Roosevelt

Let us be kind to one another, for most of us are fighting a hard battle. - Ian MacLaren

The truth does not change according to our ability to stomach it - Flannery O'connor

Some things to read over the weekend:

What Happened to Etan Patz
    Thirty years ago, the 6-year-old boy disappeared from a Soho street. His father is now convinced he knows who killed Etan. But will the Patzes ever get a chance to learn the whole truth?..Published May 3, 2009

http://nymag.com/news/features/56441/
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

FBI, NYPD Continue Basement Search for Etan Patz, Boy Who Disappeared in 1979 (with clips)- Nov 14, 2012

http://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/local...148230405.html

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Link: http://i.imgur.com/3dqfiqj.jpg
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Last edited by YESorNO; 02-03-2017 at 08:42 PM.
    ----------------------

Let us be kind to one another, for most of us are fighting a hard battle. - Ian MacLaren

The truth does not change according to our ability to stomach it - Flannery O'connor

Later confessions of Etan Patz’s accused killer can be considered even if first one was coerced, judge rules (with clip)

"LOWER MANHATTAN — In the case of the most notorious crime against a child in New York City history, the second day of deliberations in the second trial of accused killer Pedro Hernandez featured the jury asking questions regarding his confession to the murder of kindergartener Etan Patz in 1979.

More specifically, jurors asked the judge to clarify how they should view Hernandez's multiple confessions to the child's disappearance and murder. The first confession was in 2012 to detectives in Camden, New Jersey, where Hernandez lived at the time.

"Explain to us whether if (jurors underlined the word) we find that the confession at CCPO (Camden County Prosecutors Office)... was not voluntary, we must disregard" later confessions Hernandez made, the jury asked the judge in a note read in open court on Friday morning.

The answer given by the judge was no. He determined that jurors can still consider Hernandez's subsequent confessions, even if his first confession was made without Hernandez being read his rights against self-incrimination...."

http://pix11.com/2017/02/03/later-co...d-judge-rules/
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    ----------------------

Etan Patz jurors don’t reach verdict in 3rd day of deliberations

"The jury in the Etan Patz retrial on Monday completed its third full day of deliberations without a verdict on murder and kidnapping charges against former bodega clerk Pedro Hernandez in the notorious child disappearance case...

The jury in Hernandez’s first trial in 2015 deadlocked 11-1 for conviction after deliberations lasting 17 days."

http://www.newsday.com/news/new-york...ons-1.13072053
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    ----------------------

Jury continues deliberations in Etan Patz murder case

"...The jury on Tuesday worked through lunch in Hernandez's re-trial. It was Day 4 for them. The jury in Hernandez's first trial deliberated for 18 days, which, interspersed with weekends, resulted in a full month of their meeting to decide his fate. Ultimately, they could not agree on a verdict.

The new jury will reconvene on Wednesday at 10:00 a.m."

http://pix11.com/2017/02/07/jury-con...z-murder-case/
    ----------------------

Jury in Etan Patz case deliberates despite snowstorm

"Jurors in the retrial of Pedro Hernandez for allegedly murdering 6-year-old Etan Patz continued deliberations Thursday for a seventh day despite thick snow swirling around the lower Manhattan courthouse.

Beginning at 11 a.m., about an hour after their usual start time, members of the panel sent out one note, asking to look at a garbage bag similar to one that prosecutors say Hernandez used to wrap Etan’s body, and a model of the building and alley where he allegedly dumped it.

Supreme Court Justice Maxwell Wiley had ordered jurors to report for duty despite weather warnings, and the courthouse at 111 Centre St. had only a skeleton staff, with other judges borrowing Wiley’s courtroom to conduct proceedings while the jury was out....

The current jury has given no indication that it is at an impasse."

http://www.newsday.com/news/new-york...orm-1.13093836
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    ----------------------

Jury requests to see 32-gallon trash bag linked to Etan Patz murder

"The jury in the retrial of the man accused of killing Etan Patz asked to review a chilling piece of evidence Thursday — a 32-gallon trash bag similar to the one the suspect says he used to discard the child’s body.

Jurors also asked to examine the model of the Soho building outside which former bodega worker Pedro Hernandez told authorities he disposed of the 6-year-old in 1979.

The panel was on their seventh day of deliberations. They will continue deliberating Friday..."

http://nypost.com/2017/02/09/jury-re...-patzs-murder/
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    ----------------------

Pedro has just been found guilty of Etan's kidnap and murder

"Pedro Hernandez has been found guilty for the murder and kidnapping of Etan Patz.

The verdict was handed down by a jury around noon Tuesday, nine days after the began deliberations in the case.

Hernandez, 55, was convicted of felony murder and acquitted of second-degree murder by the jury, suggesting they believed that he did not mean to kill the boy.

The convicted killer should not signs of emotion as the jury read out their verdict on Tuesday."

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...tz-murder.html

Thank you Jury they reached the right verdict. Etan's family continue to be in my prayers. I just wish they could find Etan to give him a funeral and finally grieve.
    Last edited by gregjrichards; 02-14-2017 at 01:55 PM.

Pedro Hernandez Found Guilty of Kidnapping and Killing Etan Patz in 1979
    Pedro Hernandez, a former stock clerk in a Manhattan bodega who confessed to luring the 6-year-old Etan Patz into the store’s basement and attacking him, was found guilty on Tuesday of murder and kidnapping, a long-awaited step toward solving the nearly 40-year mystery that bedeviled investigators and forever changed the way parents watched over their children.

A jury in State Supreme Court found Mr. Hernandez guilty on the ninth day of deliberations and two lengthy trials that brought new attention to Etan’s disappearance on May 25, 1979, as he walked to his school bus stop alone for the first time.

My God

I've been following this case since I myself was a child. I used to carry around a picture of Etan in my little purse "just in case" I saw him.

Sending much love to his family and all who cared for him. And what a tortured person Mr. Hernandez must be, himself, as well as HIS family. It's good to put an end to at least this chapter of the story.

Kay! I gasped when I saw this posted

Oh my god.. for years I've pictured beautiful little Etan after first reading about his tragic case.

Rest In Heaven Beautiful Boy
    #BringDaniStislickiHome

Oh my love, we pray each day, may you come home and be okay.
    For now, we wait, for you, for you to come home.

Here for the missing and lost souls.

PM me for Case Maps.

Long time coming, hoping that the Patz family can finally feel some sense of relief and freedom.

http://www.cp24.com/world/former-sto...-nyc-1.3285298
    The Patz family has waited a long time, but we've finally found some measure of justice for our wonderful little boy, Etan," said his father, Stanley Patz, choking up as he thanked jurors for reaching the same conclusion that he had: "that this man, Pedro Hernandez, is guilty of doing something really terrible so many years ago." He added: "I am truly relieved, and I'll tell you, it's about time. It's about time."

Never ever ever. 38 years just shows it's never to late for justice
    Attached Images Attached Images
    #BringDaniStislickiHome

Oh my love, we pray each day, may you come home and be okay.
    For now, we wait, for you, for you to come home.

Here for the missing and lost souls.

PM me for Case Maps.

NY man guilty of murder in infamous 1979 child disappearance

NEW YORK, Feb 14 (Reuters) - A New York City jury on Tuesday found a former delicatessen worker guilty of murdering Etan Patz, a six-year-old boy whose disappearance in 1979 raised national awareness of the plight of abducted children and their parents.
    The conviction of Pedro Hernandez, 56, came during his second trial in state court. It followed a 2015 mistrial that occurred after a single juror refused to go along with 11 other panelists who were convinced of his guilt.
    After the verdict was read in court, Patz's father, Stan, shared hugs with prosecutors. Hernandez is scheduled to be sentenced on Feb. 28.

The boy vanished as he walked alone to a school bus stop in the city's SoHo neighborhood on May 25, 1979 and for decades was one of New York's most infamous unsolved mysteries.
    His picture became one of the first to appear on milk cartons, which in the 1980s became a popular way to seek leads about missing children. His disappearance also helped bring about a national database of such cases.

Hernandez confessed to police in 2012, saying on videotape that he had lured the child to the basement of the deli where he worked near the Patz home and strangled him.
    He later recanted, and his attorneys argued the confession was the product of mental illness, including hallucinations, and coercion by the police.

LINK:

https://www.aol.com/article/news/201...ance/21713868/

I hope the Patzes find some solace in this conviction after all of these years. Hernandez 'did' confess and was convicted by a jury of his peers. I cannot imagine what these parents have gone through. I have never forgotten that photo of his mother staring off the fire escape, it ripped through my heart.

I have followed Etan's heartbreaking disappearance for many years, reading any thing that was available. For myself, it was and will always be Jose Ramos that was responsible. I just wish that there was enough to prosecute him many years ago.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast