MA - Vanessa Marcotte, 27, murdered, Princeton, 7 Aug 2016 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.

tlcya

Old and Re-Tired Websleuth
Reaction score
attachment.php

"Vanessa Marcotte, 27, was last seen Sunday afternoon while visiting family in Princeton, Mass., police said. Around 1 p.m., she went for a jog — and vanished. Officers found her body in the woods that night about a half mile from her mother’s home."

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nat...c-google-employee-dead-mass-article-1.2742909

Presser Aug 8th
[video=youtube;2D3fmpBEAfU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2D3fmpBEAfU[/video]

In fact, one of the few details investigators have released is that Marcotte did fight back and may have inflicted some injuries on her attacker. Police have asked the public to be on the lookout for anyone with scratches, scrapes or bruises that would have been inflicted around Aug. 7 and to call the anonymous tip line at 508-453-7589.

http://www.masslive.com/news/worcester/index.ssf/2016/08/vanessa_marcottes_tweet.html

She had a pattern. Marcotte would visit her mother on a weekends and go for a run before returning to the city on Sundays. If she was the intended victim and her killing was not a random act, Kirby said her weekend runs "would be the place."

http://www.masslive.com/news/worces.../fbi_profiler_on_vanessa_marcotte_killer.html

Video Interview w Unidentified Man in Socks - Says he Gave DNA to LE

[just a note, since we don't the man's name it is acceptable to refer to him as Socks or the UI DNA guy but please avoid other variations - thanks]

Video - Reporter walk thru of Crime Scene

Thread #1
Thread #2

Attachments

• vanessa.jpg
    vanessa.jpg
    9.4 KB · Views: 5,166
please continue here . . .

My thanks to Parch for finding this YouTube video at the very end of thread 2. I don't know how to bring things over but the link is below.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=4iG2fnbfa8E

This (if true) is huge. I'm curious as to why Greta didn't follow up with questions about this witness.

We do learn a few things from this video:
1) the crime scene appears to have been released. MSP drove by while he was speaking and didn't stop.
2) We now know which direction she took for her jog
3) she was seen after 1pm on Brook Station Road by a witness (a man)
4) now we know why the police are insistent about a car. That witness came forward and is credible
5) someone else must have been able to state that at 3 there was no car present on Brook Station Road because the time line changed

OK so bringing this post forward I was complaining (#howodd) That the reporter was using junk to sensationalize...

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...ceton-7-August-2016-2&p=12757742#post12757742

Then Sunset nicely replied about something important there:
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...ceton-7-August-2016-2&p=12757782#post12757782

Then I was trying to reply (lol) ;

Well THAT is important but that plea for vehicle information had already been related by DA Early. So IMO LE already knows what Fox is trying to sensationalize. But the junk reporting that I found offensive is this supposedly experienced detective picking up trash, fondling it and then calling it important. LOL.

Gee for a newbie ( lol someone called you that upthread, sry) you do pretty good.

Anyway it seemed important at the time.

MOO

I was not too impressed by that you tube video either, although I was still glad to know of it and watch it. But the reporter was indicating he was walking where she was found. Yet the guard rail looked to close for that to be so to me.

As soon as NECN posts the story, I will link it..but sock boy is in the news again. It seems he didn't go to work the day VM was killed OR the day after. He has admitted his cell phone was turned off those two days, and he works right near where VM's body was found. His family no longer will comment to NECN...just saw this on necn's alive at 5 newscast. They may repeat it at 6pm on NECN.com.

http://www.necn.com/news/new-englan...ssa-Marcotte-Investigation-DNA-390735071.html

Where can I find the original story where they interview "sockboy"?

Where does SockBoy work? She was killed on Sunday so wondering what kind of employment he does.......... I didn't think there were any businesses out there, just residences and woods. Isn't the population of Princeton 3,500? (Thought I read this somewhere on earlier thread but I could be mistaken).

Is Sockboy a landscaper ? remodeler , handyman who works for himself ? Who else would be working near VM's home ? ( it's residential ). He wouldn't work on Sunday and it would explain why he would be missed at work on Monday...whomever hired him wants the job done and would inevitably be concerned that he didn't show when there had been a murder the day before. LE always wants to know following a crime "is there anybody different working in the neighborhood ? " When my parent's home was robbed the first question asked by LE was " have you recently had work done in your home "? Wouldn't it make sense that he wouldn't go to work near the Marcotte home on Monday if the place was swarming with LE ? Wouldn't he hope that they were unaware he had been in the vicinity within the last few days ?

As to the man in socks: ok we hear his brother notified police when he did not come in to work, and we hear his employer did the same. Is that to mean he works for his brother? That was the feeling I got from the news bits. Also, the work was around the corner from where she was found. Could this mean he is in the trades, working for his brother on someone's house nearby?

Great find. I remember another poster providing info from police that was something along the lines of DNA is not enough, and that they needed physical evidence to really nail the case down. I think that was in thread #2.

In the article it says, "Necn has also learned the area resident had a job just around the corner from where Marcotte died a few days before her murder, and we’ve learned his employer is the one who tipped police off...".

So, I was wondering if since his brother was originally the one NECN said turned him in, maybe his brother owns some type of tree removal/trimming or landscaping business. That's why he had a job a few days prior to her murder in a residential neighborhood.

Yes. His first words describing what he was doing were "resting", which I thought a teench odd. But it seems quite odd that he had his cellphone off for 2 days. I cannot tell whether the brother/employer contacted police in suspicion, or whether in concern Socks was missing. IF it was out of suspicion, that says alot, and would be creating conflict in the family...fight with mom...Hmmm

I think I missed something; if there's a credible witness who saw a vehicle, what kind of vehicle did they see? Why has the information request been so vague? I think people would remember "broken down red station wagon" if prompted a lot better than "report any vehicles you saw on an otherwise totally normal road you drive on all the time"

I think I missed something; if there's a credible witness who saw a vehicle, what kind of vehicle did they see? Why has the information request been so vague? I think people would remember "broken down red station wagon" if prompted a lot better than "report any vehicles you saw on an otherwise totally normal road you drive on all the time"
I don't think we are going to hear everything they have in evidence until the judge gavels court in session. Police seem to have confirmed this witnesses' statement somehow, because they seem sure a car was involved and the witness puts one there at the scene of the murder at the precise time of the murder. I imagine they know what type of car too. They just want corroboration to seal the deal. Imho

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Countrygirlwv