991 users online (174 members and 817 guests)  

Websleuths News

MA - Att. kidnapping of 1 yo at grocery store caught on camera, Braintree, 12 Aug '16

A man was arrested last Friday after police say he tried to abduct a boy from a grocery store in Braintree.

Cameras inside the South Shore India Market captured the moment 47-year-old Stephen O’Brien allegedly grabbed the one-year-old boy and walked out.

Mehtab Ahmed, an employee at the Quincy Avenue store said, “this gentleman walked in, without a shirt, grabbed the kid.” He threw the boy over his shoulder and headed straight to the back, with the boy’s father trailing behind.

(...)

When the man started going towards the back of the store, the father confronted him and the suspect handed the boy back.

(...)

Police said Stephen O’Brien tried to abduct a young boy from a Quincy Avenue store last week.

(...)

O’Brien was arraigned on Monday and is due back in court next month. The judge held him on a $100,000 cash bail.
    http://boston.cbslocal.com/2016/08/1...quincy-avenue/
    Attached Images Attached Images

What on earth??

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

That's a disturbed looking individual! *shudder* glad he didn't actually get away with the boy! I wonder if he's ever tried this before... He did have some priors... Asault&Battery with a deadly weapon & drug related:
    http://patch.com/massachusetts/brain...s-child-police

Quote Originally Posted by Safeguard View Post
    I wonder if he's ever tried this before...
    (rsbm)

He tried to do the exact same thing a week prior to this incident. Some details from that incident can be read at the link.

Police said Stephen O’Brien tried to abduct a young boy from a Quincy Avenue store last week.

Quote Originally Posted by KayElJay View Post
    (rsbm)

He tried to do the exact same thing a week prior to this incident. Some details from that incident can be read at the link.

Acually, that's the same incident. Happened last Friday.The Quincy Ave store is in Braintree...but I wouldn't be surprised if we learned this guy has comitted some, as of yet undiscovered, crimes.

But there was only one 'kidnapping' incident.(that we know of).

I don't think this guy would have been on the street a week later, if he had pulled this stunt before and gotten caught. LE around here does not 'play'.
    Last edited by Safeguard; 08-20-2016 at 03:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Safeguard View Post
    Acually, that's the same incident. Happened last Friday.The Quincy Ave store is in Braintree...but I wouldn't be surprised if we learned this guy has comitted some, as of yet undiscovered, crimes.
    You are right, I'm so sorry. I should know better than to try & read/post while multi-tasking. I obviously don't do that well, lol

With all the almost unbelievable things people are trying to get away with in broad daylight, you would think that someone would come up with security cameras that produce better quality video/photos. Obviously this one is just clear enough that they were able to identify the perp but there have been numerous cases over the years where security tape was not clear enough to be of use either to identify or to convict and still little to nothing has been done to eliminate the guesswork.

The other photo of the suspect here...terrifying!

What was this man going to do with this little boy?!

Quote Originally Posted by KayElJay View Post
    You are right, I'm so sorry. I should know better than to try & read/post while multi-tasking. I obviously don't do that well, lol
    Hey we appreciate you! No worries <3 You mods work hard! Tough job.
    “Oh what a tangled web we weave, When first we practice to deceive” - Sir Walter Scott
    *This post is my constitutionally-protected opinion. Please do not copy or take it anywhere else.*

Sleuthing for Little Miss Christmas (JonBenét Ramsey)
    Sleuthing for Bella Nevaeh Bond (MA Baby Doe)
    Where is William Tyrrell and Deorr Kunz?! Still missing!

Sleuthing for ALL victims. Be the voice. Keep their stories alive--esp the missing!
    Long live Websleuths.

Good grief that's scary! My youngest is almost two and I've had people ask why I have him on my back in a carrier when we're shopping instead of letting him walk, this is one of many reasons. I'm really glad this little guy is safe!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk