GUILTY Bali - Officer Wayan Sudarsa slain, Australian woman & British BF charged, Aug 2016

PastTense

Reaction score
A British man charged with the murder of a Balinese policeman says the officer held his Australian partner down in the sand on the night of his death, his lawyer says.

Wayan Sudarsa was found in the early hours of Wednesday on Kuta Beach with more than 40 wounds police said may have been caused by a broken beer bottle.

[Sara] Connor, a 45-year-old mother of two from Byron Bay, and Briton David Taylor have been charged with murder, assault causing death and group assault after being questioned on Saturday.

Taylor's lawyer Haposan Sihombing said his client told police that Mr Sudarsa had held Connor down in the sand and that she had screamed, attracting passersby who came to her aid.
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-08-...onnor-byron-bay-community-heartbroken/7770518

"Mr Siregar said the man and woman had been kissing on the beach after arriving at 11:00pm and leaving about 3:00am."

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-08-...onnor-byron-bay-community-heartbroken/7770518

There are issues with public kissing in Bali (and all through Indonesia). I wonder if that is how the trouble started with the police officer.

Travellers caught kissing in public in Indonesia could face five years in jail. A new anti-*advertiser censored* bill proposes a ban on "kissing on the mouth in public" and on "public nudity, erotic dances and sex parties". The suggested jail terms for these offences range from three to 10 years.
Passionate kissing could carry a maximum penalty of five years in prison or a 250 million rupiah (£16,000) fine. Indecent exposure or watching sex shows would attract a similar punishment.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/travel/729911/Indonesia-to-ban-kissing-in-public.html

Out of respect, Westerners should never kiss or show affection in public.
http://www.balix.com/travel/guide/chapters/travel_tips/travel_conduct.html

Thanks for starting this thread, because the number of different stories and versions of events is confusing.

Did she lose her bag?

If so what woman leaves her bag on a bench while she goes down to the beach anyway?

If that all did happen, why was the bag found at the scene?

Who attacked the policeman?

Why didn't they go to police as soon as the story became known?

Did they desert their hotel room?

Why was the room in 'Tomas's name?

Oh, and another question .. Why do people even go there??!! It looks like a hell hole of drunken Aussies ruining what was once a perfectly nice country!

I'm sure I have more questions .. these are the ones that spring to mind.

It's a very cheap overseas holiday for Australians. We tend to treat Bali like our own personal little beach shack. I've never been and people are very surprised when I say that. I know a few people who go over there at least once a year.

This Sara Conor is about to become the next Schapelle Corby. I cannot see them dropping these charges or being lenient/understanding at all in any way.

Bali police chief says Sara Connor will 'confess honest truth of what she did'

Bali: Denpasar's police chief says the claim Byron Bay woman Sara Connor had been attacked by a "bad cop" was a "false statement" and she had promised to confess the "honest truth" about what she did on Monday.

Ms Connor and her British boyfriend David Taylor have been declared suspects in the alleged murder of Wayan Sudarsa on August 17. They face up to 15 years' jail.

http://www.smh.com.au/world/lawyer-...ient-is-hiding-something-20160821-gqxw8p.html

It's a very cheap overseas holiday for Australians. We tend to treat Bali like our own personal little beach shack. I've never been and people are very surprised when I say that. I know a few people who go over there at least once a year.

This Sara Conor is about to become the next Schapelle Corby. I cannot see them dropping these charges or being lenient/understanding at all in any way.

I felt pity for Schapelle from the word go. (It was just pot! Her and her family are dumb as a box of rocks but it's still just marijuana.) I'm not sure yet what I feel for these two or what to believe. Murder is on a whole other level than marijuana.

Also, 15 years for murder? Schapelle was sentenced to longer for some weed. Those priorities.

I've never been to Bali either and have zero desire to do so.

Bali is a beautiful place to visit, we went for a family wedding five years ago. The people there are the kindest and generous folk around. Would definitely return.

This case is a strange one. They come across as peaceful hippy types. I just wish they would be honest. Whatever happened was quite violent. I think he is more involved than she is. DNA should be telling.

Sent from my SM-T550 using Tapatalk

I felt pity for Schapelle from the word go. (It was just pot! Her and her family are dumb as a box of rocks but it's still just marijuana.) I'm not sure yet what I feel for these two or what to believe. Murder is on a whole other level than marijuana.

Also, 15 years for murder? Schapelle was sentenced to longer for some weed. Those priorities.

I've never been to Bali either and have zero desire to do so.

They knew the risks, she was shipping a serious amount of weed that day, her story was bogus, no way could that weight have gone 'unnoticed' .. She knew, the only baggage handlers that did anything 'wrong' were the ones at Bali who didn't REMOVE the drugs.

New version of events, it's not looking good for these two, no mention of why David started bashing policeman, probably because he had Sara's handbag with him. She held him down too, so that makes them both guilty probably ...

Lawyer Robert Khuana said that Connor had lost her handbag on the beach and after looking for it found Taylor sitting on the back of the police officer and punching him.

He said she saw Taylor punching the victim but she could not remember how many times or what with. As she tried to separate them she was bitten twice by the officer.

“The victim’s body was facedown and David sat on the victim, on the buttocks. Then Sara tried to separate them by holding down the victim’s neck while squatting with left foot at the front and right foot at the back,” Mr Khuana said.

She says Taylor told her to check the victim’s pocket to find out if he really was a police officer and that Taylor had kept the victim’s wallet.

http://www.news.com.au/world/asia/b...r/news-story/367649c4a7bb3f11397bfb0ee5eed8ee

Probably would have been better to check to see if he was a police officer before he beat the cr*p out of him. There are many reasons why the police officer could have picked Sara’s bag up, if he did that.

Sara says she is not involved - but trying to pry them apart (presumably she was hurting or restricting the police officer if he bit her twice), taking off with her boyfriend who had just beaten the officer to the point of apparent unconsciousness, and burning their own clothes, is all involvement.

And now a Balinese family have lost their father, husband, brother, son.

Anyone know what kind of criminal histories these two have?

Can most Balinese police officers speak English?

He could have been playing with visas trying to stay in/return to Australia, apparently. I read that somewhere.
I'm not sure that he would have a recorded criminal history to have obtained a visa.

Anyone know what kind of criminal histories these two have?

Can most Balinese police officers speak English?

Apparently, the officer was a permanent police officer in front of a tourist hotel, 12 hour shifts. Pretty sure that he would have had English skills, he would have been liaising with tourists every day.

They knew the risks, she was shipping a serious amount of weed that day, her story was bogus, no way could that weight have gone 'unnoticed' .. She knew, the only baggage handlers that did anything 'wrong' were the ones at Bali who didn't REMOVE the drugs.
I think she should have gotten in trouble, btw. She knew the laws there. Twenty years is nuts though. I mean even these two are only facing fifteen.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

What's the bet there were drugs in her bag and that's why the cop took possession of it and why the fight started? Still not buying the 'lost bag' story.

Also if you look on David's FB there's references to needing a lift to score drugs but not in so many words 'wink wink' ..

I think she should have gotten in trouble, btw. She knew the laws there. Twenty years is nuts though. I mean even these two are only facing fifteen.

When you're in someone else's country you have to live by their laws, I have no sympathy for caught drug traffickers in Asia.

When you're in someone else's country you have to live by their laws, I have no sympathy for caught drug traffickers in Asia.
I agree actually, it's merely my personal opinion that they're wrong about their laws. :) When I say I have sympathy for Schapelle I am still saying in the same breath she was very stupid. Their legal and law enforcement system is also corrupt as heck. It's a major reason I'd never go there. If you were in the wrong place at the wrong time things could go very bad for you. I will stick to countries with fair legal systems.

http://www.smh.com.au/world/david-t...ng-bali-policeman-lawyer-20160822-gqynq0.html

The boyfriend of Australian Sara Connor has confessed to a violent confrontation with a Balinese police officer at Kuta beach on August 17, according to his lawyer.
British DJ David Taylor smashed police officer Wayan Sudarsa in the head with the victim's binoculars after getting into a fight because Mr Taylor suspected him of having Ms Connor's missing handbag, lawyer Haposan Sihombing said.

OMG if this confession is the truth, that is a brutal murder. Was he on drugs?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
okaydandy
Back