TX TX - Weatherford, near I-20, WhtFem 35-55, 227UFTX, wig & glasses in purse, Sz 7 shoes, Oct'98

vanillasky

Reaction score
I was browsing the Doe Network tonight, and came across a missing person whose face really rang a bell with an unidentified reconstruction photo I've seen. The unidentified face has always stayed with me since she was found in Weatherford, Texas - about 20 minutes from where I used to live, so I'm always searching looking for a possible match.

Now, I highly doubt this is a match due to the length of time Teresa Lanette Barnett has been missing compared to when this body was found.

However, I wanted to post it anyway, just to show the eerie resemblance. (IMO) This is probably stupid to even think so :blushing: ... but I wonder if there is any way they got the approximate time since death wrong on the unidentified woman, because the summers there are very intense, and the extreme heat would really speed up decomposition.

996DFTX - Teresa Lanette Barnett

Unidentified woman:

<MOD NOTE: Original link broken; edited to include current link as of October 7, 2022>

Last edited by a moderator:
Possibly! I think I may call it in just in case, even though it's a long shot.

Another thing that had me wondering is the glasses found w/ the unidentified woman. I am assuming the glasses in the facial reconstruction are either identical or are the ones found near the body. IMO, those glasses seem to be more like an 80's style, not a style someone would have been wearing in 1998.

SimonSays said:
I was browsing the Doe Network tonight, and came across a missing person whose face really rang a bell with an unidentified reconstruction photo I've seen. The unidentified face has always stayed with me since she was found in Weatherford, Texas - about 20 minutes from where I used to live, so I'm always searching looking for a possible match.

Now, I highly doubt this is a match due to the length of time Teresa Lanette Barnett has been missing compared to when this body was found.

However, I wanted to post it anyway, just to show the eerie resemblance. (IMO) This is probably stupid to even think so :blushing: ... but I wonder if there is any way they got the approximate time since death wrong on the unidentified woman, because the summers there are very intense, and the extreme heat would really speed up decomposition.

http://www.doenetwork.us/cases/996dftx.html

Unidentified woman:
http://www.txdps.state.tx.us/mpch/UnidentifiedDetails.asp?id=U9810001
I agree that there is a strong resemblance and so far I only have one thing that makes me doubt: I would think that even if she had been alive all the time since her disappearance and finally recently killed, I would think that there would be some changes after all that time but the two images look like time stood still. However, I suppose it could not hurt to tip L.E. And let them make the determination if you want to.

Also keep in mind that the dates may not be correct. Several of us have ran into this very problem. Try to find other info on the two cases to verify the dates.

I got a response back from the Marshall PD today. :)

Thanks for your interest in the case but the comparison has already
been made and is not a match.

Thank You,

SimonSays said:
I got a response back from the Marshall PD today. :)

Thanks for your interest in the case but the comparison has already
been made and is not a match.

Thank You,
Sorry it wasn't a match. I thought the picture and the reconstruction looked pretty similar.

Keep up the good work, though, because the next time, you might get a match!

The face of this woman is always in the back of my mind. The Doe Network has some great info on her.

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/227uftx.html

My take is that she possibly was a cancer patient and maybe had a masectomy. The method of death was suicide. Maybe she found out her cancer had returned, and couldn't bear the thought of going through it again? She also had $30-35,000 worth of dental work done on her.

One weird thing is that a wig was found in her bag. Maybe she was in hiding? Also, the labels were cut out of her clothing. Sounds like she really did not want to be identified.

I couldn't find a thread for this poor woman so I am making my own. Feel free to post any comparisons. There is too much info for this case to be unsolved.

Interesting that you posted this tonight. I was just looking at this earlier. It seems that she should be identifiable. Her dental work alone should be a big clue.

I think it was in 98 not 88 it would be nice if there was a picture with her mouth shut.

I think it was in 98 not 88 it would be nice if there was a picture with her mouth shut.
I think you're right, SpazKat. She is listed on the TXMPCH Unidentifieds site as well, and they list her date of discovery as 1998.

http://www.txdps.state.tx.us/mpch/UnidentifiedDetails.asp?id=U9810001

It's likely they sculpted her with her mouth smiling to show off all that expensive dental work. I'm curious, though, as to why you would like to see it the other way...? :)

Because closed mouth helps me see the lips and chin better. Both are good but a lot of missing posters only have a snap shot and the teeth are not usually showing to that degree. Just one of those things

That makes sense. And, smiling does change the lines of the cheeks and under the eyes.
Yes, sadly, many times the photos on the missing posters are not the best ones. Sometimes that speaks to a possible reason they may have gone missing or run away willingly in the first place. If the family life is so bad that they don't even have a decent picture of their kid, or at least a school shot, sometimes LE will rely on friends for a snapshot...

What do you guys think of this as a potential match?

The Doe Network:
Case File 1127DFFL

DHarris.jpg
DHarris1.jpg
DHarris2.jpg
DHarris3.jpg
DHarris4.jpg
DHarris5.jpg
DHarris6.jpg
DHarris7.jpg
DHarris8.jpg

Far Left: Harris wearing a wig ; Harris, circa early 1970's
Diana Lynn Harris
Missing since August of 1981 from Monroe County, Florida.
Classification: Endangered Missing

Vital Statistics
  • Date Of Birth: October 6, 1953
  • Age at Time of Disappearance: 27 years old
  • Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 5'4" - 5'6"; 125 lbs.
  • Distinguishing Characteristics: White female. Reddish-brown/blonde hair; blue eyes. Harris is fair-skinned.
  • Dentals: Dentals are not available. She wore full or partial dentures at the time of her disappearance.
  • Other: Sometimes wears wigs.
  • DNA: Her child has DNA on file with the FBI.

Circumstances of Disappearance
Harris disappeared from the Florida Keys in 1981. Foul play is suspected in her disappearance. Harris is originally from Owosso, Michigan.
The families of Diana Lynn Harris and Thomas Stump believe the cases are connected.

Investigators
If you have any information concerning this case, please contact:
Monroe County Sheriff's Office
Detective Mark Coleman
Special Investigations Division
305-289-2410
Agency Case Number:
K81 6103 or 95-104235
NCIC Number:
M-103871516
Please refer to this number when contacting any agency with information regarding this case. Source Information:
The Doe Network
More Case Information
Florida Department of Law Enforcement

Your Diana wore dentures which is obviously not a match because of the Doe's extensive dental work.

Don't feel bad Sable, I get really excited sometimes and spot a potential match and the 2 weren't even living on earth at the same time. It's hard to look at all the details and I guess that's one reason why these remains are so hard to put names on.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chingona361
Back