1152 users online (231 members and 921 guests)  

Websleuths News

Three things cannot be long hidden: the sun, the moon, and the truth. Buddha

2 Part Interview/Joseph Scott Morgan/Crimespree Mag/PTSD

When we think of Post Traumatic Stress Disorder or PTSD we think of returning soldiers,victims of violent crimes and so on.

PTSD affects many others. People we would never think about having job-related PTSD.

One person is a man I have had on my radio show a couple of times.

Joseph Scott Morgan wrote a book about the time he spent as a death investigator called Blood Beneath My Feet.

Mr. Morgan has a two-part interview coming out in Crimespree Magazine in which he discusses, among other things, his PTSD.

Here is part one of the Crimespree Magazine interview with Joseph Scott Morgan
    In the article, Mr. Morgan talks about how he discovered he had the "worst case of PTSD" one doctor had seen since she was in Vietnam.

Let's face it, how many of us would think a death investigator of any kind would have trouble with PTSD?

How many people in law enforcement see things every day that would send us over the edge. Yet, they have to get up the next day and do it all over again.

Trauma units. Think about the first responders to horrific crimes.

After viewing all the evidence in a horrific crime jurors are dismissed and sent home. I'm sure there are many jurors who have issues after seeing the types of things they never thought they would see in their lifetime.

If you read about the jury from Lacy Peterson's case several of them have issues to this day after viewing the pictures of baby Conner and Lacy.

I'm hoping our Websleuths members will read the Crimespree Magazine article and join us in a very open and frank discussion on PTSD or anything else Mr. Morgan discusses in the two-part interview.

Thank you,
    Tricia
    Websleuths is TEMPORARILY accepting donations.

CLICK HERE
    to visit our GoFundMe page

OR

Three things cannot be long hidden: the sun, the moon, and the truth. Buddha
    Websleuths is TEMPORARILY accepting donations.

CLICK HERE
    to visit our GoFundMe page

OR