1571 users online (253 members and 1318 guests)  

Websleuths News

Canada - Rebecca McCaffrey, 30, Ottawa, Ont, 18 Aug 2016

14021566_10154467208664712_813242507164406988_n.jpg

Ottawa Police are reiterating calls for help in locating 30-year-old Rebecca McCaffrey who was last seen Thursday around 9:45 a.m. on Carling near the Civic Hospital.

Police said Sunday she may have been seen on Preston at Eccles in Little Italy on Friday afternoon.
    McCaffrey is described as 5'9" with long curly brown hair that is often worn in a pony tail.

She was wearing a khaki green V neck t-shirt, light brown yoga pants and running shoes when she was last seen.

Her family is concerned about her well-being as she had been receiving treatment for depression and anxiety at the Royal Ottawa Hospital.
    http://www.cfra.com/news/2016/08/22/...a-mccaffrey-30

A Facebook group has been started: Find Rebecca McCaffrey
    “Hello babies. Welcome to Earth. It's hot in the summer and cold in the winter. It's round and wet and crowded. On the outside, babies, you've got a hundred years here. There's only one rule that I know of, babies-"God damn it, you've got to be kind.”
    - Kurt Vonnegut

This article includes photos taken from video of her appearance and outfit at the time of her disappearance: http://ottawacitizen.com/news/local-...lp-finding-her

untitled-13.jpg
    “Hello babies. Welcome to Earth. It's hot in the summer and cold in the winter. It's round and wet and crowded. On the outside, babies, you've got a hundred years here. There's only one rule that I know of, babies-"God damn it, you've got to be kind.”
    - Kurt Vonnegut

I feel so much for this woman and her family. I am the same age, same city, and same mental health status. She has gone missing similarly in the past and was found in a thick wooded area by her husband. I hope she is safe this time, too.
    - Kurt Vonnegut

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/ottawa...tawa-1.3730979

Police say Rebecca McCaffrey, 30, was last seen around 9:45 a.m. last Thursday in the 1100 block of Carling Avenue. The family has told volunteers who are helping look for her that McCaffrey's mental health issues may have contributed to her disappearance.

"This is day five, and there have been so many people searching, and we haven't found her," said Laura Dorris, McCaffrey's mother.

"And that's very scary. So the more people who can be out there, the greater the chances are we can find her."
    - Kurt Vonnegut

http://ottawacitizen.com/news/local-...lp-finding-her

Rebecca McCaffrey, 30, was last spotted near The Ottawa Hospital’s Civic campus on Carling Avenue at around 9:45 a.m. last Thursday.
    McCaffrey’s mother, Laura Dorris, said her daughter is a well-educated and loving person who, over the past few months, has suffered from depression.

Laura and Brenden are encouraging people to join the Find Rebecca McCaffrey group on Facebook for more information on how to help with the search efforts.
    Anyone with information about McCaffrey’s whereabouts can call the Ottawa police at 613-236-1222, ext. 5212.
    Last edited by dotr; 08-23-2016 at 11:51 AM.

The Find Facebook page indicates that the volunteer search has been called off. No updates regarding this aspect seem to be in the media.

http://www.cfra.com/news/2016/08/23/...-its-sixth-day

Rebecca McCaffrey went missing on Thursday, Aug. 18 when she left the Royal Ottawa Hosptial to go for a walk and never returned.

She was being treated at the Royal as an outpatient for depression and anxiety. Her mother, Laura Dorris, says she made tremendous progress in her treatment, and was about to be released the next day-- the day after she disappeared." "She was only there for four or five hours a day, she was making great progress," Dorris says.
    ... Her brother, Brenden Dorris, says she went missing before, about six weeks ago. He says she was seeking isolation in nature, and her family thinks that's what she may be doing this time as well.

"She loves nature, she loves the outdoors. She knows how to survive outside," Dorris says. "But she left without her wallet, her identification, her credit cards. We're worried about how she's feeding herself, how she's staying warm." He says the last time they found her, she was in a thickly wooded area, under six to 10 feet of brush, and that as a result, the search for her is made that much more difficult.
    - Kurt Vonnegut

On Monday, dozens of volunteers fanned out across Ottawa to search for McCaffrey, whose mental health issues may have contributed to her disappearance, according to her family.
    But after taking part a "strategy session" with the Ottawa Police Service Tuesday morning, organizers announced they were calling off the ground search, and wouldn't be forming any new search parties.
    No reasons were given for the decision to halt the search.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/ottawa...-off-1.3732572
    rbbm.

http://www.cbc.ca/beta/news/canada/o...-off-1.3732572

A 30-year-old Ottawa woman missing since Aug. 18 has been found safe and sound after an extensive community and police search.
    So happy for the many, many people who love her! The community was so supportive and I hope they will continue to send healing vibes to Rebecca and her friends and family.
    - Kurt Vonnegut