732 users online (101 members and 631 guests)  



Websleuths News


Results 1 to 13 of 13
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Glasgow, Scotland
    Posts
    3,133

    Belgium - Brussels Machete Bus Attack 22 August 2016

    Breaking News

    "Three people have been injured by a machete-wielding woman who went on the rampage in Brussels before being shot by police, it has emerged.
    The attacker lunged at passengers, stabbing one in the back and one in the stomach as they were getting off a bus in the Uccle area of the Belgian capital this afternoon.

    She is said to have fled to a nearby gallery before armed police descended on the scene.
    They warned her several times before shooting her in the arm and arresting her when she failed to back down."

    Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz4I57eooqL

    It's terrible how many of these attacks there have been.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Stroud. Gloucestershire
    Posts
    1,721
    Quote Originally Posted by gregjrichards View Post
    Breaking News

    "Three people have been injured by a machete-wielding woman who went on the rampage in Brussels before being shot by police, it has emerged.
    The attacker lunged at passengers, stabbing one in the back and one in the stomach as they were getting off a bus in the Uccle area of the Belgian capital this afternoon.

    She is said to have fled to a nearby gallery before armed police descended on the scene.
    They warned her several times before shooting her in the arm and arresting her when she failed to back down."

    Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz4I57eooqL

    It's terrible how many of these attacks there have been.
    Its heartbreaking to be honest. Kids off school for summer break. What sort of world are we leaving as our legacy after we leave our mortal body's?
    Since Charlie Hebdo. Hundreds upon hundreds have lost their lives. To me the most poignant was Bastille Day in Něce. Basically because it was so abhorrent. Not singling any one group out. As in youths or elders. It was everyone including babies. Including all family members. All but one surviving. How utterly HORRIFIC. How do you live you life after something so devastating. Your heart ripped right out of you as in seconds your family were gone. Seconds....you couldnt do anything...you couldnt save anyone... my mind simply cant compute this. Or rationalise it. It makes me so angry. I almost do want to lash out punch a wall or door. Because babes in arms gurgling away happily at the sights the sounds of happiness and merryment...wiped out for ever. Our children wiped out. For what.....

    Sorry rant over.... apologies for any offence caused. And of course. Wishing peace and love to those tonight. ♡☆

    Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk


    Carpe Diem. ..... And so, the Lion fell in love with the Lamb....


  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    41,511
    It is devastating to see another brutal violent attack like this.
    “Every day that they don’t find something is good for me.“ Billie Dunn

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Glasgow, Scotland
    Posts
    3,133
    Quote Originally Posted by Gigi-G View Post
    Its heartbreaking to be honest. Kids off school for summer break. What sort of world are we leaving as our legacy after we leave our mortal body's?
    Since Charlie Hebdo. Hundreds upon hundreds have lost their lives. To me the most poignant was Bastille Day in Něce. Basically because it was so abhorrent. Not singling any one group out. As in youths or elders. It was everyone including babies. Including all family members. All but one surviving. How utterly HORRIFIC. How do you live you life after something so devastating. Your heart ripped right out of you as in seconds your family were gone. Seconds....you couldnt do anything...you couldnt save anyone... my mind simply cant compute this. Or rationalise it. It makes me so angry. I almost do want to lash out punch a wall or door. Because babes in arms gurgling away happily at the sights the sounds of happiness and merryment...wiped out for ever. Our children wiped out. For what.....

    Sorry rant over.... apologies for any offence caused. And of course. Wishing peace and love to those tonight. ♡☆

    Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk
    No need to apologise I feel exactly the same way. I can't believe the number of attacks, deaths and serious injuries there have been. There have been so many attacks it's been difficult to keep up with news about them. We are living in very sad and difficult times.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    1,842
    According to the article posted above, the woman had mental health problems. It wasn't a terrorist attack.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    2,772
    According to a reporter on the spot, the woman was sitting on the bus and allegedly got into a quarrel of sorts with someone. Suddenly she stabbed this person.
    The bus driver then locked the doors, but the woman managed to get off the bus. She stabbed someone on the pavement, walked into a hamburger restaurant and stabbed another person. This person was hurt more severly than the first two (who were only lightly wounded.)

    The woman then left the restaurant and sat on the pavement, until the police arrived. All the while she did not say one word. She appeared very confused.

    The weapon would be a knife, not a machete.

    Video here (in Dutch)

    http://deredactie.be/cm/vrtnieuws/vi...ideo=1.2750393

    Latest: the woman would be of Asian origen

    The police ordered her to drop the knife, which she did not do. When she threatend to attack a fourth person, police shot her in the arm.

    http://www.nieuwsblad.be/cnt/dmf20160822_02434306
    Last edited by ZaZara; 08-22-2016 at 02:43 PM.
    Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity ~ Hanlon's Razor

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    2,772
    Headscarf and djellaba of sorts. Woman would be 52 years, from Philippines (?)

    video shows police talking to perp in shopping mall. She runs off, is shot outside, (to prevent further attacks according to police spokeswoman)

    http://nieuws.vtm.be/binnenland/2038...kel-neerschiet
    Last edited by ZaZara; 08-22-2016 at 05:31 PM.
    Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity ~ Hanlon's Razor

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    2,772
    Diagnosis by journalism is always a bit risky.

    No news about the victims, some doubts about whether they were random.
    No news about her background or details like if she stabbed someone at home. Welfare check anyone?

    She was not known to police of Marlow (Uccle, Auderghem, Watermael-Boitsfort), but THEY DO NOT KNOW IF SHE WAS KNOWN IN OTHER DISTRICTS! (and other districts there are many, this is one of Belgium's huge problems!)


    So....?
    Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity ~ Hanlon's Razor

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    2,772
    CqiJSRBXgAAzO83.jpg large.jpg

    That is one big knife she is holding...!

    There has been no new news this morning so far.
    Except that some wonder where you buy this kind of knives or machetes

    The police have not been able to speak to the woman.


    RTBF.be
    http://www.rtbf.be/info/regions/brab...tre?id=9386242

    A judge of inquiry has filed charges of attempted murder in the case of the stabbings committed Monday in Uccle by a woman of Filipino nationality aged 52, according to the prosecutor of Brussels on Tuesday.
    The so-called Committee P, meanwhile, opened an investigation to determine whether the use made by the security forces of their service weapons was legitimate in the circumstances.
    The suspect has not been heard because of her medical condition. The investigating judge in charge of the file could extend their detention for another 24 hours or issue an arrest warrant by default.

    BBM
    Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity ~ Hanlon's Razor

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Stroud. Gloucestershire
    Posts
    1,721
    Quote Originally Posted by ZaZara View Post
    CqiJSRBXgAAzO83.jpg large.jpg

    That is one big knife she is holding...!

    There has been no new news this morning so far.
    Except that some wonder where you buy this kind of knives or machetes

    The police have not been able to speak to the woman.


    RTBF.be
    http://www.rtbf.be/info/regions/brab...tre?id=9386242




    BBM
    How can someone randomly be carrying around a machete? *headwobble*

    Its not the best thing to disguise. H...mmm

    Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk


    Carpe Diem. ..... And so, the Lion fell in love with the Lamb....



  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    2,772
    7SUR7.be
    http://www.7sur7.be/7s7/fr/3007/Brux...-hopital.dhtml

    All three victims of yesterday's stabbing have left the hospital.
    Among them was a diplomat from Bahrein, according to the Dept of External Affairs.



    BBM


    This could be interesting, not saying that it is, but it might ....remember it all started with a quarrel of sorts.
    On the role of Bahrein in human trafficking and slavery see
    http://gvnet.com/humantrafficking/Bahrain.htm
    and Wikipedia https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kafala_system



    hmm...
    Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity ~ Hanlon's Razor

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    2,772
    NO new news about this stabbing. Nothing at all.

    Some questions our avid Belgian investigative journalists do not answer:

    Did the woman and the victims on the bus know each other?
    Has the police spoken to the woman yet?
    Has her identity been established? Has her house (or lodgings) been searched?
    Is she known in other police districts?



    Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity ~ Hanlon's Razor

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    2,772
    FILIPINO SUSPECT APPEARS IN COURT

    BRUZZ.be
    http://www.bruzz.be/nl/actua/filipij...mer-verschenen


    Amalia R., the 52-year-old Filipino woman who had stabbed three people in Uccle on August 22, appeared in the court of Brussels on Monday afternoon. The court must decide on the further detention of the woman who is under suspicion of intentional assault and injury with malice forethought and illegal possession of weapons.


    The stabbing occurred on August 22 on Boulevard de Waterloo in Uccle, around 16.30 hrs. In a bus of the STIB Amalia R. got into a quarrel with other passengers, whom she then attacked with a knife. Two people were injured. The woman then got off the bus and injured a third person. The local police of the area Marlow (Uccle, Auderghem, Watermael-Boitsfort) arrived on the spot and tried to restrain the woman.

    When the woman did not follow the orders of the police, the officers shot her down with two bullets. These hit her in the arm and upper body. Because of her injuries, the investigating judge could only hear her last week and place her under an arrest warrant.

    The motiver for the attacks is still not entirely clear. "My client says she was afraid someone wanted to steal her purse," says master Benoit Lemal, lawyer for the woman. "I fear that she has lost it. According to her daughter she has been not doing well for about two years and I do not rule out that she is eligible for internment. That will depend on the report of the psychiatrist appointed by the investigating judge."

    The first arrest of the woman goes back to last Wednesday, but was not known until today. She was under suspicion of intentional assault and injury with malice aforethought and bearing of prohibited arms. The court must now to decide on the further detention of the woman on Tuesday at the latest.


    BBM
    Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity ~ Hanlon's Razor



Similar Threads

  1. Belgium - machete terror attack on police officers 6 August 2016
    By gregjrichards in forum Rampage Killings and Terrorist Attacks
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 12-01-2016, 11:18 AM
  2. Switzerland - Attack on train passengers 13 August 2016
    By gregjrichards in forum Rampage Killings and Terrorist Attacks
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 08-31-2016, 10:15 AM
  3. UK - 1 dead and 5 injured in London knife attack. 3 August 2016
    By gregjrichards in forum Rampage Killings and Terrorist Attacks
    Replies: 36
    Last Post: 08-11-2016, 06:52 PM
  4. Germany- Machete attack
    By Elley Mae in forum Rampage Killings and Terrorist Attacks
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 08-07-2016, 05:38 AM
  5. Belgium - Four killed in Jewish Museum shooting, Brussels, 24 May 2014
    By cuffem in forum Rampage Killings and Terrorist Attacks
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 09-07-2014, 05:20 AM