OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) #21

Status
Not open for further replies.

tlcya

Old and Re-Tired Websleuth
Reaction score
ATTENTION - Please read the Mod Notes included in this post and thank the post signifying that you have done so before proceeding to post your thoughts on this case.

Ohio Shooting: Latest on Pike County murders

Wednesday, May 4, 2016

PIKE COUNTY, Ohio — No arrests have been made in the shooting investigation of eight execution-style killings of members of the Rhoden family last month in Pike County, Ohio.

[...]

The latest in the investigation in Pike County was that vehicles were towed on Tuesday from the various crime scenes as evidence, confirmed Jill Del Greco, a spokeswoman for the Attorney General.
There’s been no word on how many vehicles were being towed away or where they were taken

Ohio family massacre highlights rural region’s ties to illegal drugs
POSTED 6:00 PM, MAY 1, 2016, BY CNNWIRE

23-pike-county-mass-shooting.w529.h352.jpg

link

The gruesome slayings have rattled this southeast corner of Appalachian Ohio, a region that culturally identifies more closely with neighboring Kentucky and West Virginia than the state’s northern cities.

[...]

Adding to the shock was the discovery of hundreds of illegal marijuana plants on Rhoden’s property, highlighting the region’s dependency on the illegal drug trade as jobs in agriculture and timber have dried up.

Audio 911 Calls

PRESSER: APRIL 27, 2016

Video Interview with Attorney General DeWine Published 8-13-16

MOD NOTE: You may discuss the criminal records of the family members who were murdered. In light of the grow operations they may be very relevant. Please refrain from posting criminal histories of other individuals who have not been named persons of interest or suspects by LE or simply because they have the last name of the victims or may be a distant cousin or aunt. Stick with the victims for now. That may change as more develops on this case.

Minors: You may discuss what is covered in the main stream media regarding the custody of minor children. If posting snips from articles regarding the children please redact their names. These babes are innocents. One day they will google their names or those of their parents. And plenty will come up. Let's be respectful of them and the catastrophic loss they have suffered at such tender ages. Thanks.

DO NOT SLEUTH STILL LIVING FAMILY MEMBERS' FACEBOOK PAGES AND POST ABOUT IT HERE. Just don't mention it. Period.

Leave the politics, both national and local, at the door. There is no room for them here.

Try to keep your speculation broad as LE have given no statements indicating they have POIs or suspects in mind.

Rules Etiquette & Information

CASE NOTES (courtesy of cujenn81) this link contains locations, distance, victim info, relationships and more.

MEDIA LINKS NO DISCUSSION

CASE MAP (courtesy of K.L.Puyallup)

Thread #1
Thread #2
Thread #3
Thread #4
Thread #5
Thread #6
Thread #7
Thread #8
Thread #9
Thread #10
Thread #11
Thread #12
Thread #13
Thread #14
Thread #15
Thread #16
Thread #17
Thread #18
Thread #19
Thread #20

Victims
Rhodens-all-2.jpg

link:rose:

From left, top row: Christopher Rhoden Jr., Christopher Rhoden Sr., Dana Rhoden, Clarence “Frankie” Rhoden; bottom row: Hanna Rhoden, Hannah Gilley, Kenneth Rhoden, Gary Rhoden

The children remain in the care of foster parents. Most family members have not been allowed visitation -- including supervised visitation -- with the children since they were placed in state care on April 22. They say they have been told that Rhoden family members remain under suspicion.

To me THEY is the Rhoden family. Logically the info would have come from LE or Protective Services. MOO

Well, unless things have changed since I was widowed at 21 with a 10 mo old and one 2yrs, 8mo, the government will accept birth certificate info of father listed. So Chelsie can get Soc Sec for her son, regardless if there was a marriage or not. If Frankie's name is on BC, he is considered the father, legally.

P.S. Soc Sec is federal, they aren't concerned about state R's &R's. I know y'all know that, just a reminder!

You were married though, and according to when it was, things have changed. When parents are unwed, it is very different. Signing the birth cert. doesn't do it anymore, at least not in my state, nor in Ohio, nor in most states. The father can sign an Acknowledgement of Paternity at the hospital when the child is born, but even then, a dna test should be done, soon after the child's birth. Otherwise, it can be challenged whether or not he is the legal father. It can affect his parental rights. My grandchild's father died, and paternity was not established yet, for my grandchild's newborn 1/2 sibling. It took quite a bit of time to establish, lots of paperwork, dna, etc... b/c the child's mother and my grandchild's father were not married.(Also, the mother did not know there would be an issue due to being unwed and my grandchild's father was cremated, so, no dna was readily available. DNA had to be gotten from the grandparents and compared to the child.) My grandchild's information, and ss, went through fine b/c there was already established paternity.

https://www.ohiobar.org/forpublic/resources/lawyoucanuse/pages/lawyoucanuse-438.aspx

To me THEY is the Rhoden family. Logically the info would have come from LE or Protective Services. MOO

It could be, but I'd lean more toward Manley and "others".

Social Security says a birth certificate is required for benefits for minors with deceased parents. It doesn't say it requires a DNA test.

I had a friend, not that long ago, whose children got benefits after their stepdad died. Their biological father was alive, on the birth certificate, but didn't pay child support. All she had to do was show he was in arrears by years and SS paid survivor benefits to the children.

Let me try again, lol. THEY would be those family members who are not being allowed visitation.

Social Security says a birth certificate is required for benefits for minors with deceased parents. It doesn't say it requires a DNA test.

I had a friend, not that long ago, whose children got benefits after their stepdad died. Their biological father was alive, on the birth certificate, but didn't pay child support. All she had to do was show he was in arrears by years and SS paid survivor benefits to the children.

I don't know where you live, but, it is not that way in my state, nor Ohio. The bio dad, in your friend's case, had obviously been proven to be the bio dad, or there would not have been a court order of support. They won't order men to pay support until it is proven that they are the bio dad. If they were married to the mother at the time of the birth of the child, then the court sees them as the bio dad. Otherwise, no, signing the birth cert., is not good enough anymore if one is unwed. I've watched this play out more than once, the state will not award benefits from a deceased father, nor make a father pay child support, who was/is not married to a mother, unless it can be proven, that they are the father.

https://www.ohiobar.org/forpublic/resources/lawyoucanuse/pages/lawyoucanuse-438.aspx

Soc Sec seems to have the kids up front and foremost. However, unless the kid's name had been chgd to step-dad's, I would have thought SS would have gone after dad. Unless he signed his parental rights away.

Let me try again, lol. THEY would be those family members who are not being allowed visitation.

Might be easier to think of which family are allowed visits. j.s.

I have my doubts that 73 yr old Geneva Rhoden is going to visit g-babies with a 357 Magnum in her purse!

The Pike murders were mentioned numerous times in this article....
http://local12.com/news/local/local...on-style-killer-takes-evidence-from-the-scene

ELSMERE, Ky. (WKRC) - Parents shot execution style while they slept; well-planned murders so calculating the killer took evidence with him.

And, at the heart of the crime was a large scale drug operation. It may sound a lot like what happened in Pike County, Ohio in the spring of 2016 with the massacre of a family. But this crime was much closer to home.

The children remain in the care of foster parents. Most family members have not been allowed visitation -- including supervised visitation -- with the children since they were placed in state care on April 22. They say they have been told that Rhoden family members remain under suspicion.

http://www.cincinnati.com/story/new...scoff-pike-county-sheriffs-comments/88507184/

Please continue here . .

Homeland Security????? 😮😮

How did I miss him saying that?????

http://local12.com/news/local/local...on-style-killer-takes-evidence-from-the-scene

ELSMERE, Ky. (WKRC) - Parents shot execution style while they slept; well-planned murders so calculating the killer took evidence with him.

And, at the heart of the crime was a large scale drug operation. It may sound a lot like what happened in Pike County, Ohio in the spring of 2016 with the massacre of a family. But this crime was much closer to home.

Yes, I remember this happening, a lot of us discussed this on previous threads.

jmo 🐮

I completely agree with tlcya on the whole article. There has been no official statements on any of the Rhoden's being under suspicion. No more than anyone else in town to my knowledge. We don't no who reported this info to the reporter. Nothing is quoted. Sorry just my own opinion.

Sent from my SM-G550T1 using Tapatalk

TV
Who is allowed visitation?

I don't think I have heard that ANYBODY has been allowed visitation. Personally, I would have taken both of the babies home with me before child svcs ever showed up, even if it meant going to a second hand store for clothing, plus buying bottles and formula! They were my relatives, they would have been removed from the premises as soon as I got there!

Who is allowed visitation?

As far as I know, no one. I can't find one article that has a quote stating that anyone has visits w/the two babies. The two older children are each with their other bio parent.

As far as I know, no one. I can't find one article that has a quote stating that anyone has visits w/the two babies. The two older children are each with their other bio parent.
So to say "the ones not being able to visit" means they are all under suspicion of the courts....

Lots of similarities...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members