MO - Louis Gumpenerger, 33, disabled, murdered, OFallon, Aug 2016 *Guilty* and the murder of Betsy Faria

meanmaryjean

Verified RN (Pediatrics Specialty)
Reaction score
http://fox2now.com/2016/08/23/pam-hupp-handcuffed-one-week-after-fatal-shooting-in-ofallon-home/

<He was scheduled for a job interview the following day at a St. Peters business that helps disabled people. Gumpenberger’s ex-girlfriend, Shannon Zoll, said he suffered nerve damage after a car accident 11 years ago, adding that he has a noticeable limp when he walks. "For him to be alone at all is shocking for me. He doesn’t drive. He doesn’t leave the house by himself," she said.> from the above article.

Pam Hupp was arrested a week after shooting this man in her home. " Hupp was a former witness in the high profile Betsy Faria murder trial. Betsy's husband, Russ, was first convicted and later exonerated after new evidence surfaced. The evidence involved $150,000 in life insurance proceeds, signed over into Hupp’s name days before Betsy’s murder."

Is there a thread for the Betsy Faria murder ? I cannot find one. The comments on FB for the Fox station are enlightening.

http://fox2now.com/2016/08/23/pam-hupp-handcuffed-one-week-after-fatal-shooting-in-ofallon-home/

<He was scheduled for a job interview the following day at a St. Peters business that helps disabled people. Gumpenberger&#8217;s ex-girlfriend, Shannon Zoll, said he suffered nerve damage after a car accident 11 years ago, adding that he has a noticeable limp when he walks. "For him to be alone at all is shocking for me. He doesn&#8217;t drive. He doesn&#8217;t leave the house by himself," she said.> from the above article.

Pam Hupp was arrested a week after shooting this man in her home. " Hupp was a former witness in the high profile Betsy Faria murder trial. Betsy's husband, Russ, was first convicted and later exonerated after new evidence surfaced. The evidence involved $150,000 in life insurance proceeds, signed over into Hupp&#8217;s name days before Betsy&#8217;s murder."

Is there a thread for the Betsy Faria murder ? I cannot find one. The comments on FB for the Fox station are enlightening.

I just watched the press conference. Are they trying to say that Pam Hupp targeted this mentally handicap man for the purpose of killing him and pinning his murder on someone else? That press conference was crazy.

hi Mary Jean!

I have looked for a Betsy Faria thread and i have not found one. I am a veteran lurker but a newbie poster. so i am not sure how to get anything started but this is a very peculiar situation.

Jessica - sort of, yes. Pamela Hupp targeted a mentally challenged man in a plan to kill him and frame Russel Faria with hiring him to rob and kill HER.

Its a convoluted back story. Basically, Betsy Faria had terminal cancer. At some point she changed her will to make Pamela Hupp the beneficiary of her $150,000 life insurance policy. two days or so later Betsy was murdered.

Betsy's husband (Russell Faria) was convicted of the murder. He served 2 years but then won an acquittal on appeal.

somewhere In the first trial, Pamela Hupp said that she was given the $ because Betsy trusted her more than she trusted her husband to give the $ to Betsy's girls.

After 2 years, the girls still had not received any money from Pamela and she was being questioned about this repeatedly.

So somewhere in the second trial, Pamela Hupp said that she was given the $ bc she was Betsy's lover - and was told to do whatever she wanted with the money.

the girls sued her for the $ and lost.

Russell Faria is either about to or just did file a civil suit against Pamela Hupp.

So now she kills a guy in her home - and the police are saying that she did it to try to frame Russell Faria for trying to get the $ back and kill her.

its nuts. its all out there on the interwebs - see the links above. but i was just trying to make a synopsis. not sure if those are allowed.

oh, and there is also speculation that she killed her mom. also in the links.

http://www.stltoday.com/news/local/crime-and-courts/pamela-hupp-charged-with-murder-in-alleged-frame-up-tied/article_916845ac-de2f-5d1e-ae5d-2b11a25b7287.html

hope this works - has lots of info i listed above. INCLUDING that she tried to lure another woman a week before but she got hinkyvibed.

There is also a link to a Dateline story AND irony - she told her potential victims that she worked for Dateline and would pay them $900-1000 to help her reinact a 911 call. Then when she was "re-inacting" the call, she shot him!

story still unfolding.

You can't make this stuff up. Truth is stranger than fiction. Thanks for the synopsis, because I was lost reading.

Ok ya"ll this is very close to me. I live in LC where the Faria case went down. So when I saw that dateline episode I was ashamed of this wonderful place I live. The prosecutor should be investigated by the state bar, Russ Faria's life as well as his children's lives were ruined by this stone cold monster. Betsy Faria had terminal breast cancer and her children were robbed of the time they had left with their mother, she must've been afraid she would change her policy again or not die so she made sure she did.

This man had a legit alibi, the "evidence" they had against him was fabricated by Pam to set him up just like she set up this man to die to frame Russ, I mean this whole deal makes my blood boil. Ahhhh

I've been a member of Websleuths ever since the Teresa Sievers Case. However, I have friends associated with the Russ Faria Case in which the murder of this innocent man, Louis Gumpenberger was connected. I don't see where there was originally a Betsy Faria thread on here. It is quite a case of twists, turns, lies, withholding of information by Prosecutors, Investigators etc. The link below starts from the beginning of the case. You can find more detail up to current events of Russ being exonerated by a Bench trial this past year or so by watching the Dateline episodes (I think there are 2 or 3 updates), Pam Hupp being allowed to keep the money of Betsy's life insurance but who was never considered a suspect by investigators as Russ was completely railroaded. Now this past week Pam Hupp killed an innocent man trying to get the heat off of her (according to LE) and trying to frame Russ again. It's quite the crazy story and will be interesting to see the rest unfold. Good day sleuthers.

http://www.freerussfaria.us/

I just watched the press conference. Are they trying to say that Pam Hupp targeted this mentally handicap man for the purpose of killing him and pinning his murder on someone else? That press conference was crazy.

Yes. You really need to familiarize yourself with the story/case that lead to this murder starting back in 2011 - Dateline has their 2 or 3 episodes on their website I believe. It will catch you up to why this is crazier than you even think at this moment. Tragic.

hi Mary Jean!

I have looked for a Betsy Faria thread and i have not found one. I am a veteran lurker but a newbie poster. so i am not sure how to get anything started but this is a very peculiar situation.

Jessica - sort of, yes. Pamela Hupp targeted a mentally challenged man in a plan to kill him and frame Russel Faria with hiring him to rob and kill HER.

Its a convoluted back story. Basically, Betsy Faria had terminal cancer. At some point she changed her will to make Pamela Hupp the beneficiary of her $150,000 life insurance policy. two days or so later Betsy was murdered.

Betsy's husband (Russell Faria) was convicted of the murder. He served 2 years but then won an acquittal on appeal.

somewhere In the first trial, Pamela Hupp said that she was given the $ because Betsy trusted her more than she trusted her husband to give the $ to Betsy's girls.

After 2 years, the girls still had not received any money from Pamela and she was being questioned about this repeatedly.

So somewhere in the second trial, Pamela Hupp said that she was given the $ bc she was Betsy's lover - and was told to do whatever she wanted with the money.

the girls sued her for the $ and lost.

Russell Faria is either about to or just did file a civil suit against Pamela Hupp.

So now she kills a guy in her home - and the police are saying that she did it to try to frame Russell Faria for trying to get the $ back and kill her.

its nuts. its all out there on the interwebs - see the links above. but i was just trying to make a synopsis. not sure if those are allowed.

oh, and there is also speculation that she killed her mom. also in the links.

Just to clarify, Russ Faria recently has brought civil suit against 3 or 4 of the investigators in this case and Lincoln County.

http://fox2now.com/2016/07/19/russ-faria-sues-lincoln-county-law-enforcement/

Ok ya"ll this is very close to me. I live in LC where the Faria case went down. So when I saw that dateline episode I was ashamed of this wonderful place I live. The prosecutor should be investigated by the state bar, Russ Faria's life as well as his children's lives were ruined by this stone cold monster. Betsy Faria had terminal breast cancer and her children were robbed of the time they had left with their mother, she must've been afraid she would change her policy again or not die so she made sure she did.
This man had a legit alibi, the "evidence" they had against him was fabricated by Pam to set him up just like she set up this man to die to frame Russ, I mean this whole deal makes my blood boil. Ahhhh

It is beyond me why Betsy's children and her family STILL believe that Russ was guilty. Such a shame to have the truth right in your face and not be able to handle it. :tantrum:

http://www.stltoday.com/news/local/...cle_916845ac-de2f-5d1e-ae5d-2b11a25b7287.html
hope this works - has lots of info i listed above. INCLUDING that she tried to lure another woman a week before but she got hinkyvibed.
There is also a link to a Dateline story AND irony - she told her potential victims that she worked for Dateline and would pay them $900-1000 to help her reinact a 911 call. Then when she was "re-inacting" the call, she shot him!

story still unfolding.

Word of the day = 'hinkyvibed.'

^ Comment of the day = "she [potential victim] got hinkyvibed.'

McFluffy: Thanks for the vocabulary-builder.

Word of the day = 'hinkyvibed.'

^ Comment of the day = "she [potential victim] got hinkyvibed.'

McFluffy: Thanks for the vocabulary-builder.

Adding it to my vocabulary! And welcome and THANKS McFluffy for the insight. The unleashing of comments on the news stations FB page was incredible !

haha sometimes i make up for my lack of accuracy with a big ol dose of creativity. From what I am reading in the news reports above, the first potential victim of this 911 call scam actually GOT IN PAM'S CAR and then chickened out and was released. i mean, that is a CLOSE CALL! so creepy.

re: the comments to the news stories - the folks in the St. Louis region have taken this story to heart for years. I know that when I heard that there was a shooting of a burglar in Pamela Hupp's home, i immediately knew something was wrong. Not that I am an Einstein but it is just such a known story to all in the area.

http://www.stltoday.com/news/local/crime-and-courts/pamela-hupp-charged-with-murder-in-alleged-frame-up-tied/article_916845ac-de2f-5d1e-ae5d-2b11a25b7287.html

story still unfolding.
Good work, McFluffy -- the St. Louis Post-Dispatch article is THE must-read key so far in tying together this case's several deadly elements.

Again:

Pamela Hupp charged with murder in alleged frame-up tied to Lincoln County case

A good Dateline/Saturday Night Mystery about the Faria case; plenty of Pam Hupp here:

[video=youtube;u82vV3JoQn8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u82vV3JoQn8[/video]

http://www.stltoday.com/news/local/crime-and-courts/murder-of-betsy-faria-has-been-under-review-for-months/article_96e773db-6bc9-59e3-bce2-fdd45dc92ad8.html

surprise! Lincoln county says it has been thinking about prosecuting her for months now, they say after her latest scam is released.

i am not sure i believe the coincidence. i think they realize now that they need to prosecute her or their goose will also be cooked.

i am glad they are thinking about opening Betsy's case again - i dont know how else Betsy's children would get the $150,000 from her life insurance from Pam.

and how sad that 2 people are dead over $150,000. one a friend with cancer and another a stranger with reduced capacities due to an accident.

Oooooh, I knew this lady was cuckoo when I saw the first Dateline. I thought for sure she was the one that really killed Betsy. I'm glad her cowardly attempted suicide failed, and while they may never be able to get her on Betsy's murder, hopefully she goes to jail for the rest of her life for this one.

Oooooh, I knew this lady was cuckoo when I saw the first Dateline. I thought for sure she was the one that really killed Betsy. I'm glad her cowardly attempted suicide failed, and while they may never be able to get her on Betsy's murder, hopefully she goes to jail for the rest of her life for this one.
When I saw that first Dateline, I was sailing along, announcing to everyone within earshot that the husband did it, and commenting on the transparent fakery of his having visited several convenience marts in order to foil authority by timestamping his timeline, making his having committed the killing highly improbable. "And that 911 call!" I crowed. "Obviously an act, that!"

Then of course Ms. Hupp arrived on the scene, exposing my detectivin' to be rankly amateur at very best. Curses! Foiled again!

http://www.stltoday.com/news/local/crime-and-courts/murder-of-betsy-faria-has-been-under-review-for-months/article_96e773db-6bc9-59e3-bce2-fdd45dc92ad8.html

surprise! Lincoln county says it has been thinking about prosecuting her for months now, they say after her latest scam is released.

i am not sure i believe the coincidence. i think they realize now that they need to prosecute her or their goose will also be cooked.

i am glad they are thinking about opening Betsy's case again - i dont know how else Betsy's children would get the $150,000 from her life insurance from Pam.

and how sad that 2 people are dead over $150,000. one a friend with cancer and another a stranger with reduced capacities due to an accident.

Actually it's the US Attorney Office that began investigating it months ago. Lincoln County PA and County didn't have a choice. It was just in July when Russ filed his Civil Suits against Lincoln County and 4 investigators that the PA Leahy Asked said "we're standing behind our investigators and the job we did". IMO and most others, them saying they are "working with the US Attorney Office in the review" is to back swim and be perceived that they are doing this voluntarily.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam
Back