1094 users online (218 members and 876 guests)  


Websleuths News


Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Southern Oregon
    Posts
    9,273

    CA - Stephanie Gawboy, 52, shot to death, Redway, 17 Aug 2016

    Stephanie's body was found August 17 in her home. She had been dead for several days. Her identity was not released until today, although the community knew who it was, and her name was released earlier by a local radio station. She was a massage therapist and environmental activist.


    Photo by reader of Kym Kemp's news blog (linked below)

    The Humboldt County Sheriff’s Office has confirmed the identity of the victim of last week’s homicide as 52-year old Stephanie Faye Gawboy of Redway. Gawboy’s identity has been public knowledge from almost the date of her death, as an employee of KMUD radio apparently found her body then gave an interview on air about the incident

    http://www.northcoastjournal.com/New...tim-identified

    A bullet ended the life of Stephanie Faye Gawboy. A regular at protests against GMO food, fracking, vaccines and anything that would harm the environment, the 52-year-old Redway resident was found dead on Wednesday, Aug. 17 and the next day Humboldt County Sheriff’s Office announced that it was investigating her death as a homicide.

    http://www.redwoodtimes.com/article/...NEWS/160829998

    In spite of reports on social media describing a distinctive-looking man with tattoos being the killer, the Humboldt County Sheriff’s Office has no suspects in the Redway homicide at this time, according to spokesperson Selena Zorrilla-Mendoza. She appealed for the community to let law enforcement do its job. “Please don’t try to apprehend or confront anyone,” she said.

    http://kymkemp.com/2016/08/23/humbol...dway-homicide/

    https://lostcoastoutpost.com/2016/au...eeks-redway-h/
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Lilibet; 08-23-2016 at 10:22 PM.
    FOUR YEARS IS 1460 DAYS TOO LONG!!
    SOMEBODY SOMEWHERE KNOWS SOMETHING! SPEAK UP!
    STEPHANIE ANNE WARNER, 43, RUCH, OREGON

    MISSING & PRESUMED MURDERED July 4, 2013
    LENNIE AMES NAMED SUSPECT
    Anonymous Tips? Reward up to $1000
    Crime Stoppers of So. Oregon 800-850-0580

    DISCUSSION:http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...2#post10750872

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Southern Oregon
    Posts
    9,273
    FOUR YEARS IS 1460 DAYS TOO LONG!!
    SOMEBODY SOMEWHERE KNOWS SOMETHING! SPEAK UP!
    STEPHANIE ANNE WARNER, 43, RUCH, OREGON

    MISSING & PRESUMED MURDERED July 4, 2013
    LENNIE AMES NAMED SUSPECT
    Anonymous Tips? Reward up to $1000
    Crime Stoppers of So. Oregon 800-850-0580

    DISCUSSION:http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...2#post10750872

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    597
    The Redwood Times received reports that Stephanie told close friends about six months ago that she was socializing with some people she didn’t feel safe around.
    http://www.redwoodtimes.com/article/...NEWS/160829998
    Sad story, seems like she was somebody who really tried to do good in this world. She was found lying face down on her massage table which makes me think she knew the person who killed her...although it does sound like she was very generous with her home (the guy who found her had stopped by to take a shower) and if she was in the practice of sleeping on her table I suppose somebody could have come in and shot her while she slept. I hope the police can solve this.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Southern Oregon
    Posts
    9,273
    Quote Originally Posted by radiator View Post
    Sad story, seems like she was somebody who really tried to do good in this world. She was found lying face down on her massage table which makes me think she knew the person who killed her...although it does sound like she was very generous with her home (the guy who found her had stopped by to take a shower) and if she was in the practice of sleeping on her table I suppose somebody could have come in and shot her while she slept. I hope the police can solve this.
    BBM

    I wouldn't necessarily call the fellow who found Stephanie a suspect, but his account on this KMUD interview is rather disturbing. He found her body and waited overnight at KMUD until an employee arrived who happened to be Stephanie's neighbor. He didn't call 911, she did, as they drove the short distance to Stephanie's house. He said he "wanted to talk to someone" before calling 911. I think a few brain cells have gone missing.

    Audio is somewhat graphic even though KMUD edited out the worst. Locals were very upset that KMUD aired the original version according to comments on Kym Kemp's earlier story.

    https://soundcloud.com/kmudnews/loca...d-dead-in-home
    FOUR YEARS IS 1460 DAYS TOO LONG!!
    SOMEBODY SOMEWHERE KNOWS SOMETHING! SPEAK UP!
    STEPHANIE ANNE WARNER, 43, RUCH, OREGON

    MISSING & PRESUMED MURDERED July 4, 2013
    LENNIE AMES NAMED SUSPECT
    Anonymous Tips? Reward up to $1000
    Crime Stoppers of So. Oregon 800-850-0580

    DISCUSSION:http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...2#post10750872

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    597
    Quote Originally Posted by Lilibet View Post
    BBM

    I wouldn't necessarily call the fellow who found Stephanie a suspect, but his account on this KMUD interview is rather disturbing. He found her body and waited overnight at KMUD until an employee arrived who happened to be Stephanie's neighbor. He didn't call 911, she did, as they drove the short distance to Stephanie's house. He said he "wanted to talk to someone" before calling 911. I think a few brain cells have gone missing.

    Audio is somewhat graphic even though KMUD edited out the worst. Locals were very upset that KMUD aired the original version according to comments on Kym Kemp's earlier story.

    https://soundcloud.com/kmudnews/loca...d-dead-in-home
    Yes, I also thought "a few brain cells missing" or perhaps on the autism spectrum. Oddly, I found his account sort of sweet...don't know what that says about me. I think if he had killed her he would have told on himself. Of course, all I know about him is this one interview so my opinion doesn't amount to much.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Southern Oregon
    Posts
    9,273
    Here is a very nice article in which friends reminisce about Stephanie. She was quite a memorable woman...

    Stephanie Gawboy, the 52-year-old Redway woman whose death earlier this month is being investigated as a homicide, was remembered by those who knew her as a dedicated and articulate activist, a spiritual seeker and a skilled masseuse.
    She was also, apparently, something of a character.

    http://www.humboldtindie.com/local-n...sage-therapist
    FOUR YEARS IS 1460 DAYS TOO LONG!!
    SOMEBODY SOMEWHERE KNOWS SOMETHING! SPEAK UP!
    STEPHANIE ANNE WARNER, 43, RUCH, OREGON

    MISSING & PRESUMED MURDERED July 4, 2013
    LENNIE AMES NAMED SUSPECT
    Anonymous Tips? Reward up to $1000
    Crime Stoppers of So. Oregon 800-850-0580

    DISCUSSION:http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...2#post10750872

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Southern Oregon
    Posts
    9,273
    I missed this story about the arrest in Garberville of a man with dreads and red facial tattoos yesterday afternoon. A man of this description was discussed in SM in connection to Stephanie's murder. The arrest was for an out-of-state warrant and HCSO still says they don't have a suspect. But if there is any possibility that he is involved, the arrest certainly gives them an opportunity to discuss it with him.

    http://kymkemp.com/2016/08/26/arrest...eriffs-office/
    Last edited by Lilibet; 08-27-2016 at 04:43 PM.
    FOUR YEARS IS 1460 DAYS TOO LONG!!
    SOMEBODY SOMEWHERE KNOWS SOMETHING! SPEAK UP!
    STEPHANIE ANNE WARNER, 43, RUCH, OREGON

    MISSING & PRESUMED MURDERED July 4, 2013
    LENNIE AMES NAMED SUSPECT
    Anonymous Tips? Reward up to $1000
    Crime Stoppers of So. Oregon 800-850-0580

    DISCUSSION:http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...2#post10750872

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    597
    Quote Originally Posted by Lilibet View Post
    I missed this story about the arrest in Garberville of a man with dreads and red facial tattoos yesterday afternoon. A man of this description was discussed in SM in connection to Stephanie's murder. The arrest was for an out-of-state warrant and HCSO still says they don't have a suspect. But if there is any possibility that he is involved, the arrest certainly gives them an opportunity to discuss it with him.

    http://kymkemp.com/2016/08/26/arrest...eriffs-office/
    OT well, I just went down a rabbit hole by doing an internet search on "red facial tattoos." I should go to sleep. I hope the police can solve this case...I keep picturing Stephanie lying down on her massage table expecting something nice and getting shot in the head instead (which may not be how this went down at all) and it makes me sad.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Southern Oregon
    Posts
    9,273
    Humboldt county is headed toward another record year for homicides.

    http://kymkemp.com/2016/08/28/homici...ast-two-years/
    FOUR YEARS IS 1460 DAYS TOO LONG!!
    SOMEBODY SOMEWHERE KNOWS SOMETHING! SPEAK UP!
    STEPHANIE ANNE WARNER, 43, RUCH, OREGON

    MISSING & PRESUMED MURDERED July 4, 2013
    LENNIE AMES NAMED SUSPECT
    Anonymous Tips? Reward up to $1000
    Crime Stoppers of So. Oregon 800-850-0580

    DISCUSSION:http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...2#post10750872



Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 15
    Last Post: 10-06-2017, 05:50 AM
  2. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-29-2017, 11:11 AM
  3. MI - Jada Rankin, 15, shot to death, Detroit, 16 Oct 2016
    By los2188 in forum Crimes-Spotlight on Children
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-23-2016, 01:22 AM
  4. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-08-2016, 12:21 PM
  5. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-08-2012, 05:55 PM

Tags for this Thread