MN - 29-year-old man charged with sexual assault of toddler

AmyPond

Reaction score
http://www.fox9.com/news/195220932-story

[FONT=&quot]Sterling Robert Stewart received charges for first-degree criminal sexual conduct, first-degree assault, and malicious punishment of a child.

[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]On Aug. 21, the toddler girl was taken to a local hospital. Doctors found the girl had multiple bruises on her face, neck, and body, including her genitals. They also discovered she had extensive abdominal bruising with signs of internal injury to her liver. Due to her injuries, the toddler was hospitalized.[/FONT]

I saw this trending on Facebook. I am just so disgusted by it.

The assault took place on the 20th but she wasn't taken to the hospital until the 21st?!

This just sickens me! and I hope that any other children that he has had contact with the parents are notified and have their children checked out.
It seems that this is happening more and more :(

I agree. I hope he didn't harm others.

Looks like his FB page is gone now. But for anyone wondering, it had pictures of him with young kids.

Ugh. Minneapolis must be under a curse - there are two more heinous crimes reported recently:

In March Chris Marquis McMorris was pissed when he discovered a 7-month-old baby wasn't his. I'll spare y'all the description of the fatal assault.

http://minnesota.cbslocal.com/2016/08/22/man-murder-charge-baby-death/

And Cory Morris, bio dad to 4-month-old Emersyn, killed her on August 13 because she was making "baby talk" and wouldn't stop. His relatives claim he has mental health issues. Again, I'll spare the disgusting details.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2016/08/1...-punches-her-22-times-to-quiet-baby-talk.html

I'm wondering how a determination to arrest him or not is made? Is he the only other adult there? Is it based on the mothers statement? Did they do a DNA test? This is not a comment on his guilt or innocence, this is just that I do not know.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

http://www.kstp.com/news/lino-lakes-man-charged-toddler-assaulted/424353/
More info at this link including gross details of sick injuries. I would agree that the injuries reported, to genitals and anus,....would not be consistent with falling off couch or onto rocking horse.
No word on bail.
If he's convicted, he better get LONG or life sentence. Otherwise he'll kill and discard the next innocent victim, as these degenerates learn to do...

I see ZERO indication that this case went any further than this. There are zero articles about him, he's not incarcerated, he's not even listed as being released.

I am getting the impression this might be a case of a guy who was cleared but never publicly cleared.

Anyone else able to find anything more?

There isn't even outrage at him not being incarcerated. I mean there is NOTHING except the old articles and his facebooks. Nothing. This is not normal for a case like this.

The sexual assault charges were dismissed.
Criminal Sexual Conduct in the 1st Degree, Dismissed
Assault in the First Degree (Great Bodily Harm), Convicted, Convicted of a Felony
Malicious Punishment of a Child, Dismissed

I just searched by his name on the mn courts website
http://pa.courts.state.mn.us/

There isn't even outrage at him not being incarcerated. I mean there is NOTHING except the old articles and his facebooks. Nothing. This is not normal for a case like this.

Okay that makes more sense to me. Wonder what the real story was. No way they were dismissed if the case was strong.

Most likely, he took a plea. MOO

Yes but no way would they offer him a plea to a crime that doesn't require SO registration, or really any prison time, if the initial news articles were accurate. Just wouldn't happen.

Yes but no way would they offer him a plea to a crime that doesn't require SO registration, or really any prison time, if the initial news articles were accurate. Just wouldn't happen.
In Minnesota, if you are convicted of a crime that included any sexual crime, even if you aren't actually convicted of the sex crime (pleading guilty to assault to avoid being charged with a sexual assault), you will still have to register as a sexual offender. I'm not positive that they do that everywhere here, but I was told by prosecutors from Anoka and Hennepin counties that it was a state law.

Okay, scratch all of that. He was only convicted of assault but he IS incarcerated, for years.

It just took a while for him to start doing his time, so I assumed he was not.

Current Status:
Incarcerated as of 10/09/2017.
Currently at MCF Lino Lakes.
Sentence Date: 10/09/2017
Anticipated Release Date: 04/12/2022
Expiration Date: 11/10/2024

Highest Ranked Offense: Assault

He is not required to register publicly. It also appears he will only be supervised until 2024. Good to see a definitive answer though!

Details

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ignoreme123
Back