739 users online (145 members and 594 guests)  

Websleuths News

AZ GILBERT man who apparently tweeted that he'd murder his roommate is arrested

August 23, 2016

Arizona man who apparently tweeted that he'd murder his roommate is arrested in death of roommate

A man in Arizona who apparently tweeted that he was close to “viciously” murdering his roommates is now facing murder charges – in the death of one of his roommates.

A fight between Zachary Penton, 21, and Daniel Garofalo, 41, led to a shooting Sunday night at the home in Gilbert.

Police said Penton called 9-1-1 to report that he had killed Garofalo. He faced second-degree murder charges.

“I need to move out of my place before I viciously murder my roommates,” read a post Saturday morning on a Twitter account under the name Zac_Penton.

Twenty-one-year-old Zachary Penton is facing second-degree murder charges, but neighbors say what happened was not exactly a surprise.

A Twitter posting by an Arizona man who was arrested on suspicion of killing his roommateduring a struggle could elevate the severity of charges he could face.

Two days before the fatal shooting, 21-year-old Zachary Dale Penton posted a comment saying he needed to move out of the metropolitan Phoenix home where he was living before he killed his roommates. The comment creates an opening for prosecutors to argue that Sunday’s killing of Daniel Garofalo was premeditated, meaning they could charge Penton with first-degree murder and seek the death penalty.