850 users online (115 members and 735 guests)  


The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News


Results 1 to 14 of 14
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    2,918

    TX - Inmate Escapes While Being Transported to Hospital, Houston

    This is not all that far from me and has me a little freaked out.

    HOUSTON -- The Texas Department of Criminal Justice is looking for an inmate who escaped custody Tuesday morning, KPRC Local 2 reported.

    Officers said Carlos Kidd, 25, disappeared early Tuesday morning as he was being transported to the University of Texas Medical Branch in Galveston from the Ramsey One Unit in Rosharon.


    http://www.click2houston.com/news/5220671/detail.html

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    8,860
    I saw that on the news this morning - YIKES!!

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    32,580
    Quote Originally Posted by NewMom2003
    This is not all that far from me and has me a little freaked out.

    HOUSTON -- The Texas Department of Criminal Justice is looking for an inmate who escaped custody Tuesday morning, KPRC Local 2 reported.

    Officers said Carlos Kidd, 25, disappeared early Tuesday morning as he was being transported to the University of Texas Medical Branch in Galveston from the Ramsey One Unit in Rosharon.


    http://www.click2houston.com/news/5220671/detail.html
    Wow, he looks dangerous. Aggravated assault? Is that another word for rape?
    Sorry, not trying to scare you any more than you already are.

    Stay safe NewMom, keep your doors and windows locked.



    JMHO
    fran

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    8,860
    Aggravated Assault
    Under Texas law, assault is a misdemeanor; however, assault becomes the more serious crime of aggravated assault if the offender uses a firearm or other deadly weapon, the assault causes serious bodily injury, the assault is in retaliation against a witness or informant, or the assault is against a government employee acting in his or her official capacity. Generally, assault is defined as intentionally, knowingly, or recklessly injuring or threatening to injure a person or the person's spouse. Additionally, assault includes intentionally causing physical contact with another person if the offender knows the physical contact will be offensive to the victim.

  5. #5
    SewingDeb's Avatar
    SewingDeb is offline "Sorry, I'm not qualified to land the plane."
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    8,968
    NewMom,
    Please be very careful. I hope this guy is found soon.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    23,799
    NewMom, be sure and check any unused doors and windows to make sure they are locked. Too many times we hear that they thought the door or window was locked, and it wasn't. Stay safe.
    Just when I think that I have seen the most depraved things a human can do to another human, somebody posts a new story...........

    Why is it that when a custodial parent fails to provide for a child it is called neglect and is a criminal matter. But when a non custodial parent fails to provide it is called failure to support and is a civil matter?


    "Just when the caterpillar thought its world was over, it became a butterfly" ~ Michelle Knight

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    2,918
    Thanks for all the concern everyone! He's been caught!!! Another bad guy back in prison.

    What gets me is how in the he!! did he escape to begin with.


    DICKINSON, Texas -- A Dickinson grocery store shopper recognized an escaped inmate from news reports and called Dickinson police, who captured him without incident Tuesday night.

    http://www.click2houston.com/news/5230320/detail.html

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    2,918
    Quote Originally Posted by mysteriew
    NewMom, be sure and check any unused doors and windows to make sure they are locked. Too many times we hear that they thought the door or window was locked, and it wasn't. Stay safe.
    Thanks for the advicce mysteriew! I'm almost compulsive about checking my windows and doors to make sure they are locked. Especially now with a little one who is curious about everything!

    Thanks again!!

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    8,860
    Quote Originally Posted by NewMom2003
    What gets me is how in the he!! did he escape to begin with.
    We've been talking about that since yesterday. He was in a van separated only by the "cage-like" material. There was a driver and passenger in the front of the van. I find it very hard to believe that he was able to get out of his restraints, pull a window off the back, climb out, and replace the window all without them hearing or seeing anything. If anything, you'd think the driver would have seen him going out the window in the rear view mirror.

    I hope they investigate this thoroughly. Something smells with this story. The restraints he had on were not only cuffs, but leg and belly chains - I would think VERY hard to get out of yourself.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    2,918
    Quote Originally Posted by Jules
    We've been talking about that since yesterday. He was in a van separated only by the "cage-like" material. There was a driver and passenger in the front of the van. I find it very hard to believe that he was able to get out of his restraints, pull a window off the back, climb out, and replace the window all without them hearing or seeing anything. If anything, you'd think the driver would have seen him going out the window in the rear view mirror.

    I hope they investigate this thoroughly. Something smells with this story. The restraints he had on were not only cuffs, but leg and belly chains - I would think VERY hard to get out of yourself.
    I agree. Something is very fishy here. I don't believe that no one saw or heard anything unless they were in on it. How did he get himself out of the restraints? Is he Houdini????? Somethings not right here.


  11. #11
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    32,580
    Quote Originally Posted by Jules
    Aggravated Assault
    Under Texas law, assault is a misdemeanor; however, assault becomes the more serious crime of aggravated assault if the offender uses a firearm or other deadly weapon, the assault causes serious bodily injury, the assault is in retaliation against a witness or informant, or the assault is against a government employee acting in his or her official capacity. Generally, assault is defined as intentionally, knowingly, or recklessly injuring or threatening to injure a person or the person's spouse. Additionally, assault includes intentionally causing physical contact with another person if the offender knows the physical contact will be offensive to the victim.

    First off, NewMom, I'm so glad he was caught. It is scary. I mean we know there are people out there that mean to harm us, but an escape from jail, well, ..........that's an added HUGE risk, IMO.{{{{hugs}}}} for keeping a cool head.


    Jules, thanks for this...........so, in case anyone didn't notice, at the very end. "...intentionally causing physical contact with another person if the offender knows the physical contact will be offensve to the victim." ehhhh.......that would include rape or attempted rape. I've seen this many times in 'plea bargains.' You know, with all the new laws their bringing in about 'sexual predators' etc, they're going to have to remove this from the 'plea bargain' deal. This isn't going to work. Does anyone know if they've moved to reclassify it?

    JMHO
    fran

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    8,860
    Fran, usually in Texas if it's rape it's listed as sexual assault or aggravated sexual assault. I don't believe in the case above that it was a sexual assault he was in for. I believe it was a fight and he obviously had a knife, gun - some sort of weapon - for it to be classified as an aggravated assault.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    32,580
    Quote Originally Posted by Jules
    Fran, usually in Texas if it's rape it's listed as sexual assault or aggravated sexual assault. I don't believe in the case above that it was a sexual assault he was in for. I believe it was a fight and he obviously had a knife, gun - some sort of weapon - for it to be classified as an aggravated assault.

    Thanks Jules:
    I'll have to check it out further. I may be mistaken. I thought I recalled some 'sexual assaults' being listed as just 'aggravated assault.' Of course, I do live in California, so on the other hand, I may be right. for my state.

    JMHO
    fran

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    8,860
    That could be - different states have different ways of classifying things.



Similar Threads

  1. GUILTY CO - 'Dangerous' inmate escapes Denver jail; deputy arrested
    By Reader in forum Recently Sentenced and Beyond
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 05-11-2015, 11:06 AM
  2. CO - Inmate serving sentence for attempted murder escapes 8/22/10
    By KaylynnCouture in forum Crimes in the News
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 11-22-2010, 11:45 PM
  3. AZ- Prison inmate escapes during work detail 8/18/10
    By KaylynnCouture in forum Up to the Minute
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-18-2010, 09:20 PM
  4. TX - Texas Inmate Serving Life Sentence Escapes from Prison 11/30/09
    By KaylynnCouture in forum Crimes in the News
    Replies: 62
    Last Post: 01-17-2010, 09:36 PM
  5. Inmate escapes while guards make rap video!
    By Pandora in forum Bizarre and Off-Beat News
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 07-13-2004, 01:42 AM