CNN Cancels Dr. Drew's HLN Show!

Dr Drews show cancelled! I'm not a fan of the show, so I'm glad to see it go.

I didn't realize that Dr. Drew was still on HLN. As I said earlier, haven't watched HLN for a long time but might tune in for Ashley Banfield's new show.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...ve-speculation-about-hillary-clintons-health/

Dr Drew' show cancelled! I'm not a fan of the show, so I'm glad to see it go.

I noticed that last night when I turned it on, even tho I don't like it and Forensic Files was on instead, so it was a Lifetime Movie instead. I read this morning< speculation, but I believe it> that he was fired for his speculation last week about Hillary Clinton's health, which I did see and did feel it was inappropriate, and NONE OF HIS BEEZWAX! He's not her Dr. I do like Ashley Banfield and watch her show on CNN.:moo:

Best news I have heard today. These TV doctors that masquerade as all seeing, all knowing omnipotents bother me, and this one in particular has gotten increasingly annoying to me in the last few years.

Maybe he can go on and sell diet pills like that other fake on Fox.

The Daily Mail seems to think the cancellation is a result of comments about Hillary's health.

“Dr. Drew Pinsky is checking out, with CNN announcing that his HLN show Dr. Drew On Call will air its final episode on September 22, a little over five years after it first premiered on the network.

The sudden cancellation of the current affairs program comes just eight days after Pinsky made a number of controversial claims about Hillary Clinton's health while appearing on a radio show, including that she was suffering from brain damage.

Pinsky also stated that he and another physician were 'gravely concerned' about the 'health' and 'health care' of Clinton.

These conclusions were not reached after an extensive review of Clinton's medical records or following a conversation with an individual who has treated the Democratic nominee for president, but rather after Pinsky read an eight-paragraph letter that was written by Clinton's doctor of 15 years.”​

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...l-end-5-year-run-HLN-month.html#ixzz4ISiaI6om

I watched his show a couple of times during Warren Jeffs' trial.

Heard what I knew to be untrue, journalistic malpractice and quackery.

Never watched it again or gave him or his show any credence.

Adios for now. Nice not knowin' ya!

And the CNN announcement from yesterday:

HLN cancels 'Dr. Drew'
CNN Money
by Lisa France @CNNMoney
August 25, 2016: 1:52 PM ET

http://money.cnn.com/2016/08/25/media/dr-drew-hln-canceled/

&#8220;It's a wrap for Dr. Drew Pinsky's show on HLN.

CNN executive vice president Ken Jautz announced Thursday that "Dr. Drew and I have mutually agreed to air the final episode of his show on September 22."

"Dr. Drew and his team have delivered more than five years of creative shows and I want to thank them for their hard work and distinctive programming," Jautz said in a statement. "Their audience-driven shows, in particular, were innovative and memorable TV. And Dr. Drew has been an authoritative voice on addiction and on many other topical issues facing America today."&#8221;

&#8220;HLN will air reruns of "Forensic Files" and episodes of CNN originals in the "Dr. Drew" 7 p.m. ET time slot.&#8221;​

DH is an MD and could never stand Dr Drew or Dr Oz. We never liked their ethics re: profit from sensational claims that are not substantiated by peer review or scientific study. Also their bold speculation without knowing all facts. Wish the other one would be cancelled too.

And the CNN announcement from yesterday:

HLN cancels 'Dr. Drew'
CNN Money
by Lisa France @CNNMoney
August 25, 2016: 1:52 PM ET

http://money.cnn.com/2016/08/25/media/dr-drew-hln-canceled/

&#8220;It's a wrap for Dr. Drew Pinsky's show on HLN.

CNN executive vice president Ken Jautz announced Thursday that "Dr. Drew and I have mutually agreed to air the final episode of his show on September 22."

"Dr. Drew and his team have delivered more than five years of creative shows and I want to thank them for their hard work and distinctive programming," Jautz said in a statement. "Their audience-driven shows, in particular, were innovative and memorable TV. And Dr. Drew has been an authoritative voice on addiction and on many other topical issues facing America today."&#8221;

&#8220;HLN will air reruns of "Forensic Files" and episodes of CNN originals in the "Dr. Drew" 7 p.m. ET time slot.&#8221;​

There are some "Forensic Files" playing that I haven't seen, and they are dated 2016. I'd rather watch re runs of FF than to watch Dr. Drew.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cabinsleuth
Back