1087 users online (142 members and 945 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 28 of 28 FirstFirst ... 18 26 27 28
    Quote Originally Posted by LaneGirl View Post
    Is Skiptopp a member here? The documents are up elsewhere. Don't think I can link though.
    He is, although only posted a few times early on. I believe he is the one that set up and maintains the www.stevenaverycase.org site too, he typically posts all the links to the new documents on all the reddit MaM sub's. I did link them in my above post though ;-)

All SA appeal doc's can be found here, including the 3 new documents from today:

http://www.stevenaverycase.org/appealsdocuments/

Something else interesting in the last few days.... the "donate" button is no longer on KZ's site in regards to SA.

http://www.kathleentzellner.com/steven-avery

That could mean a few things IMO... she doesn't need the money anymore? (expecting to get her money back when filing a suit against MCSO/CASO? lol) It's also possible that she was forced to take it down for legal reasons? (not set up properly? Maybe BCA could weigh in on that one?

Quote Originally Posted by missy1974 View Post
    Something else interesting in the last few days.... the "donate" button is no longer on KZ's site in regards to SA.

That could mean a few things IMO... she doesn't need the money anymore? (expecting to get her money back when filing a suit against MCSO/CASO? lol) It's also possible that she was forced to take it down for legal reasons? (not set up properly? Maybe BCA could weigh in on that one?
    I'm thinking since all testing is done. She doesn't need anymore money.

Also wasn't there a family/friend that was trying to get donations and Zellner added that link with a statement that her office was the only source of collecting donations approved by SA? I'm thinking that was to prevent others from donating to fraudulent persons. idk

He is, although only posted a few times early on. I believe he is the one that set up and maintains the www.stevenaverycase.org site too, he typically posts all the links to the new documents on all the reddit MaM sub's. I did link them in my above post though ;-)

All SA appeal doc's can be found here, including the 3 new documents from today:

http://www.stevenaverycase.org/appealsdocuments/

I wasn't even aware of this site. Thanks!

I wasn't even aware of this site. Thanks!
    Your welcome! This is the go to site for any documents for both SA and BD's cases

Have you just started posting in the MaM forum here? ( I see you are not new to WS's lol)

If so...

So much information on that site, everything from trial transcripts to exhibits, appeal documents, documents from SA's 1985 case and other incident reports. I'm thankful I read a lot of them as they were coming out, I would feel overwhelmed going to that site now with everything that is on it. If you need any help or looking for anything specific, ask away... lots of great posters here willing to help It's been pretty quiet the last few months, but maybe the info from the last few days will bring some posters back to discuss!

Your welcome! This is the go to site for any documents for both SA and BD's cases

Have you just started posting in the MaM forum here? ( I see you are not new to WS's lol)

If so...

So much information on that site, everything from trial transcripts to exhibits, appeal documents, documents from SA's 1985 case and other incident reports. I'm thankful I read a lot of them as they were coming out, I would feel overwhelmed going to that site now with everything that is on it. If you need any help or looking for anything specific, ask away... lots of great posters here willing to help It's been pretty quiet the last few months, but maybe the info from the last few days will bring some posters back to discuss!
    Yes. I took a year or so break from WS.

After watching MaM when it first came out I only read reddit on this case. I actually forgot about WS lol.

I've only been back a few months.

Weighing in here.

There is nothing to prohibit someone from donating to a cause. I would gather but I have not researched whether or not it was setup as a 501c(3) non-profit organization. If is had been or if it is, then the donations are tax deductible. If not, then no deduction is allowed. I highly doubt the IRS would allow his legal defense fund to be setup as a 501c(3) though. It is usually for the betterment or higher good for the public at large, not a specific individual.

Last but not least, the person withdrawing the money would have to claim it as income. No problem in KZ's case, revenue in expense out. If I had to guess it is because she is not planning on having many more expenses and the blank blank blank blank is going to be hitting the fan soon.
    Pedant here, please share your sources. TIA

Yes. I took a year or so break from WS.

After watching MaM when it first came out I only read reddit on this case. I actually forgot about WS lol.

I've only been back a few months.
    Welcome back and glad you could join us. Any questions, please feel free to ask. Someone here is bound to know where you can get more information.

Pedant here, please share your sources. TIA

Quote Originally Posted by BigCityAccountant View Post
    Weighing in here.

There is nothing to prohibit someone from donating to a cause. I would gather but I have not researched whether or not it was setup as a 501c(3) non-profit organization. If is had been or if it is, then the donations are tax deductible. If not, then no deduction is allowed. I highly doubt the IRS would allow his legal defense fund to be setup as a 501c(3) though. It is usually for the betterment or higher good for the public at large, not a specific individual.

Last but not least, the person withdrawing the money would have to claim it as income. No problem in KZ's case, revenue in expense out. If I had to guess it is because she is not planning on having many more expenses and the blank blank blank blank is going to be hitting the fan soon.
    BBM - this there is nothing more to test or she has enough in reserves for any future testing.

I also really think she set this up only to deflect donating to non SA approved accounts.

Page 28 of 28 FirstFirst ... 18 26 27 28