1055 users online (215 members and 840 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    los2188 is offline North Carolina Tar Heels..your NCCA Champs!!

MI - Nancy Renkas, 47, Iron Mountain, 18 July 2016

Missing Florence woman investigation continues

Nancy Renkas, 47, was last seen getting into a white SUV in the parking lot of Super One Foods in Iron Mountain on the afternoon of July 18.
    Authorities believe that prior to Renka's disappearance, she had been shopping for camper trailers in the Upper Peninsula and northeast Wisconsin area.
    http://www.uppermichiganssource.com/...391423001.html
    Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

"When from a long distant past nothing persists, after the people are dead, after things are broken and scattered, still alone, more persistent, more faithful, the smell and taste of things remain poised a long, long time like souls, ready to remind us, waiting, hoping for their moment amid the ruins of all the rest, and bear unfaltering in the tiny and almost impalpable drop of their essence the vast structure of recollection."

I'm worried for her. I wonder what source she was using to find a camper. My first thought is craigslist (shudder). There's been very little in the news about this. I'm glad they are putting together a task force.

Here is a link to an earlier article. She was supposedly going to Menominee to look at a trailer. I wonder if she saw an ad for a trailer posted at the Super One and contacted someone who met her there.
    http://wbay.com/2016/07/28/woman-dis...vehicle-found/

I live in Marinette, WI, & grew up in Menominee, MI. Even locally, this case is not getting much coverage

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

https://www.facebook.com/permalink.p...bstory_index=0

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No surveillance cam from Super One on the parking lot?

I stopped next door from the Super One today. I didn't notice any camera on the exterior of the building. There is a bank inside the store. The Super One is located at one end of a strip mall. Inside the mall, there are cameras. The other end of the mall has an Advance Paycheck-type business with lots of cams.

Florence County Sheriff Dept. and Wisconsin Dept. of Justice will be doing an announcement tomorrow about Nancy. 10:00 central. Praying she's been located and is safe.

Forty-seven-year-old Renkas was last seen on July 18th around noon, parked in her car at the Super One Foods in Iron Mountain. The day she disappeared, Renkas was seen on surveillance footage getting into a white SUV, that pulled up to her vehicle.

At this point, foul play has not been ruled out and that, based on the tips the department has received so far, the sheriff he knows there are people out there who know more about Renkas' disappearance.

A $1,000 reward is still being offered.

http://www.uppermichiganssource.com/...403879096.html

Family pleads for public's assistance in finding missing mother
    By Monique Lopez | Posted: Wed 7:18 PM, Nov 30, 2016

FLORENCE, Wis. (WLUC) Wednesday morning there was a plea for help...officials held a press conference about the missing Florence, Wis. woman Nancy Renkas. Renkas' two sons joined the Florence County Sheriff's Department, asking for the public's assistance in finding their mother.

Forty-seven-year-old Renkas was last seen on July 18th around noon, parked in her car at the Super One Foods in Iron Mountain. The day she disappeared, Renkas was seen on surveillance footage getting into a white SUV, that pulled up to her vehicle.

At the conference, Sheriff Jeff Rickaby said that, at this point, foul play has not been ruled out and that, based on the tips the department has received so far, the sheriff he knows there are people out there who know more about Renkas' disappearance.

Womanís sons seek help in search
    Nikki Younk | Staff Writer | nyounk@ironmountaindailynews.com | December 1, 2016

Nancy Renkas, 47, was last seen on surveillance footage July 18 getting into a white sports utility vehicle that had pulled up to her vehicle at the Super One Foods parking lot in Iron Mountain . . .

Law enforcement havenít ruled out foul play at this time, Rickaby said. He did confirm authorities are examining a white SUV and other evidence obtained through a search warrant but declined to answer questions about the driver.

Although Rickaby noted authorities used available technology to track Renkasí cell phone, he would not disclose the last known location for the device.

I've been lurking around this website for a few years now and decided to search to see if this story was on here since it's recently gotten a lot more publicity in the area. I live a few minutes from Iron Mountain and drive there to work every day so this one hits close to home. There is a video of a recent press release on this story on the florence wisconsin sheriff's office facebook page. With the huge variety of outcomes when people have gone missing around here, it's so hard to speculate what could have happened but I wanted to make myself available to answer any questions for anyone who is following this story and isn't familiar with the area.

The press conference led me to believe they know who she left with but need more information to build a case or determine her whereabouts. I feel badly for her sons. I hope they have answers soon.

Welcome Chelsmae7. I go to the VA hospital there quite often.
    Last edited by Akweks; 12-09-2016 at 04:31 AM.

https://abc10up.com/2017/07/17/nancy...ne-year-later/

I have heard that they know whose SUV and have forensic evidence. But they don't have the story of what happened to her and where she is.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast