MI MI - Nancy Renkas, 47, Iron Mountain, 18 July 2016

los2188

North Carolina Tar Heels..your NCCA Champs!!
Reaction score
Missing Florence woman investigation continues
Nancy+Renkas.jpg

Nancy Renkas, 47, was last seen getting into a white SUV in the parking lot of Super One Foods in Iron Mountain on the afternoon of July 18.
Authorities believe that prior to Renka's disappearance, she had been shopping for camper trailers in the Upper Peninsula and northeast Wisconsin area.
http://www.uppermichiganssource.com...-woman-investigation-continues-391423001.html

I'm worried for her. I wonder what source she was using to find a camper. My first thought is craigslist (shudder). There's been very little in the news about this. I'm glad they are putting together a task force.

I live in Marinette, WI, & grew up in Menominee, MI. Even locally, this case is not getting much coverage

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No surveillance cam from Super One on the parking lot?

I stopped next door from the Super One today. I didn't notice any camera on the exterior of the building. There is a bank inside the store. The Super One is located at one end of a strip mall. Inside the mall, there are cameras. The other end of the mall has an Advance Paycheck-type business with lots of cams.

Florence County Sheriff Dept. and Wisconsin Dept. of Justice will be doing an announcement tomorrow about Nancy. 10:00 central. Praying she's been located and is safe.

Forty-seven-year-old Renkas was last seen on July 18th around noon, parked in her car at the Super One Foods in Iron Mountain. The day she disappeared, Renkas was seen on surveillance footage getting into a white SUV, that pulled up to her vehicle.

At this point, foul play has not been ruled out and that, based on the tips the department has received so far, the sheriff he knows there are people out there who know more about Renkas' disappearance.

A $1,000 reward is still being offered.

http://www.uppermichiganssource.com...nce-in-finding-missing-mother--403879096.html

Family pleads for public's assistance in finding missing mother
By Monique Lopez | Posted: Wed 7:18 PM, Nov 30, 2016

FLORENCE, Wis. (WLUC) Wednesday morning there was a plea for help...officials held a press conference about the missing Florence, Wis. woman Nancy Renkas. Renkas' two sons joined the Florence County Sheriff's Department, asking for the public's assistance in finding their mother.

Forty-seven-year-old Renkas was last seen on July 18th around noon, parked in her car at the Super One Foods in Iron Mountain. The day she disappeared, Renkas was seen on surveillance footage getting into a white SUV, that pulled up to her vehicle.

At the conference, Sheriff Jeff Rickaby said that, at this point, foul play has not been ruled out and that, based on the tips the department has received so far, the sheriff he knows there are people out there who know more about Renkas' disappearance.

Woman’s sons seek help in search
Nikki Younk | Staff Writer | nyounk@ironmountaindailynews.com | December 1, 2016

Nancy Renkas, 47, was last seen on surveillance footage July 18 getting into a white sports utility vehicle that had pulled up to her vehicle at the Super One Foods parking lot in Iron Mountain . . .

Law enforcement haven’t ruled out foul play at this time, Rickaby said. He did confirm authorities are examining a white SUV and other evidence obtained through a search warrant but declined to answer questions about the driver.

Although Rickaby noted authorities used available technology to track Renkas’ cell phone, he would not disclose the last known location for the device.

I've been lurking around this website for a few years now and decided to search to see if this story was on here since it's recently gotten a lot more publicity in the area. I live a few minutes from Iron Mountain and drive there to work every day so this one hits close to home. There is a video of a recent press release on this story on the florence wisconsin sheriff's office facebook page. With the huge variety of outcomes when people have gone missing around here, it's so hard to speculate what could have happened but I wanted to make myself available to answer any questions for anyone who is following this story and isn't familiar with the area.

The press conference led me to believe they know who she left with but need more information to build a case or determine her whereabouts. I feel badly for her sons. I hope they have answers soon.

Welcome Chelsmae7. I go to the VA hospital there quite often.

https://www.facebook.com/UPABC10/posts/10156276213098238
The disappearance of Nancy Renkas: Part II

Nancy has two sons- Joseph and Marvin, who have now been without there mom for a whole calendar year. Like the police, the Renkas boys just want to know what happened to their mom and where she’s at.

“It’s been tough. It’s been really tough. We just want the answers. We just want the public to come forward if there’s anything they know,” said Marvin Renkas. “I just want to bring my mom back or find an answer to why she disappeared.”

Nancy’s sons have hired a private investigator to look into their mom’s disappearance. And the Nancy Renkas Task Force will continue to investigate the case until she is found.

“We need just a few more pieces of information to make this into a solid case,” said Rickaby. “I don’t think we’re too far from it… let’s put it that way.”

https://abc10up.com/2017/07/18/disappearance-nancy-renkas-part-ii/
The disappearance of Nancy Renkas: Part II

Nancy’s sons have hired a private investigator to look into their mom’s disappearance. And the Nancy Renkas Task Force will continue to investigate the case until she is found.

Imo..
I am from the town where Nancy was supposed to be headed to look at a camper (Menominee), and live in a neighboring town to Menominee, currently. These are tiny little towns. I am very curious who they hired as far as a PI. I can't think of anything at all 'local'. Green Bay would have some, I know, but that's an hour from Menominee, even further from where Nancy is from. I am guessing the PI they hired is not local. I am wondering if we will be hearing anything from the PI as far as pleas for information, etc. so sad that Nancy went missing a year ago, and her thread is only one page 2 still.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryEllen77
Back