1113 users online (225 members and 888 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    los2188 is offline North Carolina Tar Heels..your NCCA Champs!!

OR - Dr. Ashley Laird, 37, Jacksonville, 26 August 2016

Police Search For Missing Woman Out Of Jacksonville

Jacksonville Police are requesting information to help locate a missing runner who left Jacksonville at about 9:30 a.m. on Friday morning.

As of 9 p.m., she had not returned home nor has been heard from since.
    - See more at: http://www.kdrv.com/news/391475421.h....Wqg1VijX.dpuf
    Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

"When from a long distant past nothing persists, after the people are dead, after things are broken and scattered, still alone, more persistent, more faithful, the smell and taste of things remain poised a long, long time like souls, ready to remind us, waiting, hoping for their moment amid the ruins of all the rest, and bear unfaltering in the tiny and almost impalpable drop of their essence the vast structure of recollection."

Quote Originally Posted by los2188 View Post
    Police Search For Missing Woman Out Of Jacksonville

- See more at: http://www.kdrv.com/news/391475421.h....Wqg1VijX.dpuf
    More from los' link:
    [...]
    Sources say Laird is an emergency room doctor at Rogue Regional Medical Center.

She was last known to be wearing a dark green running shirt and a red and white Stanford ball cap.
    Laird is 53 tall, 100lbs and has blonde shoulder length hair and blue eyes.

Anyone with information as to having seen Laird or with information as to her current whereabouts is requested to call Jackson County Dispatch at (541) 776-7206.
    [...]

I hope we receive an update from LE / MSM soon about this case. There has to be more to this story. My prayers go out to the Doctor and her family, that she returns home safe - and soon!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    findsierralamar.com
    #JusticeForSierraLaMar #JusticeForLittleChris #JusticeForSierah #JusticeForMalik #JusticeForAnGelica #JusticeForErin #JusticeForGabbi #JusticeForBecky #JusticeForKarina #JusticeForCharli #JusticeForJoshua #JusticeForCooper #JusticeForBella #JusticeForHeatherElvis #JusticeForJenise #JusticeForOmaree #JusticeForTristan #JusticeForJordyn
    #FindSierraLaMar #FindKatelin #FindRelishaRudd #FindBabyDelano #FindBabyDaphne #FindMyraLewis #FindDeOrr

#LongLiveWebSleuths
    @

Just saw this case on Facebook. I am wondering whether she uses Strava, Runkeeper, Maymyfitness, or any other app, and whether she runs with a phone or a Garmin device? If so, that may provide a lot of info re: her last whereabouts.

Quote Originally Posted by kimi_SFC View Post
    More from los' link:
    [...]
    Sources say Laird is an emergency room doctor at Rogue Regional Medical Center.

She was last known to be wearing a dark green running shirt and a red and white Stanford ball cap.
    Laird is 5’3” tall, 100lbs and has blonde shoulder length hair and blue eyes.

Anyone with information as to having seen Laird or with information as to her current whereabouts is requested to call Jackson County Dispatch at (541) 776-7206.
    [...]

I hope we receive an update from LE / MSM soon about this case. There has to be more to this story. My prayers go out to the Doctor and her family, that she returns home safe - and soon!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    More to this story, yes. Hoping for a swift return.

I lived in Jacksonville for 14 years. It is a very safe area. My first thought was that she ran up on the trails but a friend commented that she never runs on the trails. It sounds like she normally runs on the main roads that leave Jacksonville to the north or south. These are rural roads but there would be a decent amount of traffic passing by on a Friday morning. If she DID decide to run up on the trails for some reason, then she would be more isolated and there have been cougar and bear sightings in Jacksonville. The trail system is very well used and there are no really dangerous drop-offs. Many people run the trails solo, but I would never walk up there alone. I am probably a little on the paranoid side, but I just would never feel comfortable being up there by myself. There have never been any problems with crime in Jacksonville. It is an affluent area and a charming, historic town. However, it is not far from Medford - and Medford has a bad crime problem, especially with drugs and transients. My oldest daughter is exactly the same age and description as Ashley. She is also a runner. When she would visit us, she always took off through the woods for her run - and run down into town and back. I never felt completely comfortable with her running alone. But nothing like this ever happened in Jacksonville, until now. Praying for Ashley's safe return. Her poor family. If anyone has a question that I can answer (as a local) please feel free to ask me.

Also, a FB page was created by her family: https://www.facebook.com/Find-Ashley...24279/?fref=ts
    Hooks Up!

Terrible recently here in ny and Boston there were cases of lone female joggers being assaulted and killed.
    http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_D0HC8RFXZVo/Sm4sWrmXXiI/AAAAAAAAAOs/fe1Urm9FPpQ/s400/mbfashion.gif

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?sto...d=180780400322

Local news facebook page. A couple interesting comments.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

https://kobi5.com/news/local-news/hu...aks-out-34764/

Local news interview. Also interesting.

I am starting to get a really bad feeling about this. Just praying for safety for Dr. Ashley.

Marking my spot.

And praying.
    Just my
    "Time heals what reason cannot."
    ~ Lucius Annaeus Seneca

This post on the family FB page has images of the hat & T-shirt she was wearing when last seen:
    https://m.facebook.com/story.php?sto...94196887524279
    Hooks up!

Quote Originally Posted by roguelady View Post
    https://kobi5.com/news/local-news/hu...aks-out-34764/

Local news interview. Also interesting.
    From your link, her husband said this:

" “I don’t know what to hope for, I want her to walk through the door right now.” "

Strange comment to me. Personally for myself my FIRST thoughts would be I would hope that she was alive.

Maybe he is thinking that he doesn't know to hope for that she is alive or hope that they are able to find her body and get closure. My thoughts still go with that that is a strange comment to make.

IMOO.

los2188 is offline North Carolina Tar Heels..your NCCA Champs!!
    Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

"When from a long distant past nothing persists, after the people are dead, after things are broken and scattered, still alone, more persistent, more faithful, the smell and taste of things remain poised a long, long time like souls, ready to remind us, waiting, hoping for their moment amid the ruins of all the rest, and bear unfaltering in the tiny and almost impalpable drop of their essence the vast structure of recollection."

Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 ... LastLast