Found Alive OR - Dr. Ashley Laird, 37, Jacksonville, 26 August 2016

los2188

North Carolina Tar Heels..your NCCA Champs!!
Reaction score
Police Search For Missing Woman Out Of Jacksonville
laird+new+pic.jpg

Jacksonville Police are requesting information to help locate a missing runner who left Jacksonville at about 9:30 a.m. on Friday morning.

As of 9 p.m., she had not returned home nor has been heard from since.

- See more at: http://www.kdrv.com/news/391475421.html#sthash.Wqg1VijX.dpuf

Police Search For Missing Woman Out Of Jacksonville
laird+new+pic.jpg

- See more at: http://www.kdrv.com/news/391475421.html#sthash.Wqg1VijX.dpuf

More from los' link:
[...]
Sources say Laird is an emergency room doctor at Rogue Regional Medical Center.

She was last known to be wearing a dark green running shirt and a red and white Stanford ball cap.
Laird is 5’3” tall, 100lbs and has blonde shoulder length hair and blue eyes.

Anyone with information as to having seen Laird or with information as to her current whereabouts is requested to call Jackson County Dispatch at (541) 776-7206.
[...]

I hope we receive an update from LE / MSM soon about this case. There has to be more to this story. :moo: My prayers go out to the Doctor and her family, that she returns home safe - and soon!

:candle:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just saw this case on Facebook. I am wondering whether she uses Strava, Runkeeper, Maymyfitness, or any other app, and whether she runs with a phone or a Garmin device? If so, that may provide a lot of info re: her last whereabouts.

More from los' link:
[...]
Sources say Laird is an emergency room doctor at Rogue Regional Medical Center.

She was last known to be wearing a dark green running shirt and a red and white Stanford ball cap.
Laird is 5’3” tall, 100lbs and has blonde shoulder length hair and blue eyes.

Anyone with information as to having seen Laird or with information as to her current whereabouts is requested to call Jackson County Dispatch at (541) 776-7206.
[...]

I hope we receive an update from LE / MSM soon about this case. There has to be more to this story. :moo: My prayers go out to the Doctor and her family, that she returns home safe - and soon!

:candle:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

More to this story, yes. Hoping for a swift return.

I lived in Jacksonville for 14 years. It is a very safe area. My first thought was that she ran up on the trails but a friend commented that she never runs on the trails. It sounds like she normally runs on the main roads that leave Jacksonville to the north or south. These are rural roads but there would be a decent amount of traffic passing by on a Friday morning. If she DID decide to run up on the trails for some reason, then she would be more isolated and there have been cougar and bear sightings in Jacksonville. The trail system is very well used and there are no really dangerous drop-offs. Many people run the trails solo, but I would never walk up there alone. I am probably a little on the paranoid side, but I just would never feel comfortable being up there by myself. There have never been any problems with crime in Jacksonville. It is an affluent area and a charming, historic town. However, it is not far from Medford - and Medford has a bad crime problem, especially with drugs and transients. My oldest daughter is exactly the same age and description as Ashley. She is also a runner. When she would visit us, she always took off through the woods for her run - and run down into town and back. I never felt completely comfortable with her running alone. But nothing like this ever happened in Jacksonville, until now. Praying for Ashley's safe return. Her poor family. If anyone has a question that I can answer (as a local) please feel free to ask me.

Terrible recently here in ny and Boston there were cases of lone female joggers being assaulted and killed.

I am starting to get a really bad feeling about this. Just praying for safety for Dr. Ashley.

Marking my spot.

And praying.

From your link, her husband said this:

" “I don’t know what to hope for, I want her to walk through the door right now.” "

Strange comment to me. Personally for myself my FIRST thoughts would be I would hope that she was alive.

Maybe he is thinking that he doesn't know to hope for that she is alive or hope that they are able to find her body and get closure. My thoughts still go with that that is a strange comment to make.

IMOO.

Hmmm, don't know what to think.
Maybe she was injured by a car and is arca hospital like a Jane doe or on a ditch somewhere. Very scary. The 3rd lady runner in the last little bit😢

Who was the last person to see her? From what I have read she has a son. Was he also home that morning?

Who was the last person to see her? From what I have read she has a son. Was he also home that morning?

This is an excellent question. There is a recent comment on the FB page by someone who is pretty certain she spotted Ashley running around 11 a.m. near the intersection of South Stage and Griffin Creek Road. Hopefully there are cameras at the gas station/mini-mart on the corner where those two roads intersect.

Seriously????

http://www.mailtribune.com/article/20160827/NEWS/160829699

"The family has only one mobile phone, not a smartphone, which was left at the home, Towe said."​
" “They’re not really technology-based people,” Simon said. "

She is an emergency room doctor and they only have ONE PHONE??

How do they communicate??

IMOO.​

That was my first reaction as well when I read this. An ER doctor and only one phone? That is very strange.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
soababiotiling
Back