1478 users online (270 members and 1208 guests)  

Websleuths News

NY - Ashley McDuffie, 27, pregnant, murdered, Bronx, 26 Aug 2016 *Arrest*

The body of a missing woman has been recovered in a Bronx park after the woman's boyfriend confessed to killing her, family and friends of the victim say.

Ashley McDuffie's body was found near Seton Falls Park by East 233rd Street and Monticello Avenue Friday night, family members told NBC 4.

(...) family say the boyfriend of the missing woman had gone to Mount Vernon Police earlier in the night and confessed to strangling and dumping her body in that area.

http://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/local...391469991.html

Police have named a suspect in the death of a Mount Vernon mom found inside a park in the Bronx Friday night.

Jason Myers, 32, was the boyfriend of Ashley McDuffie, said a Mount Vernon spokeswoman Saturday.

(...)

The medical examiner will determine the exact cause of death at an autopsy later Saturday.

http://abc7ny.com/news/police-woman-...n-mom/1487001/
    Attached Images Attached Images

How tragic. What a beautiful young woman.

I am shocked to read that the boyfriend turned himself in and confessed. I wished that was the norm in these cases. I wonder why he did that?
    “Every day that they don’t find something is good for me.“ Billie Dunn

From an unnamed source & printed in the NY Post, so take it FWIW, but this motive rings true IMO

Her boyfriend, whose name was not immediately released, admitted McDuffie was pregnant with his child, and said he killed her because he wanted to get back together with his estranged wife, the source added.
    http://nypost.com/2016/08/27/pregnan...in-bronx-park/

Quote Originally Posted by KayElJay View Post
    From an unnamed source & printed in the NY Post, so take it FWIW, but this motive rings true IMO

http://nypost.com/2016/08/27/pregnan...in-bronx-park/
    Omg horrible. I wonder why they aren't releasing his name. It's actually all over social media, and family and friends even pointed to him when she was missing.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Lauranyc83 View Post
    Omg horrible. I wonder why they aren't releasing his name. It's actually all over social media, and family and friends even pointed to him when she was missing.

They are releasing his name. He's been identified as 32-year-old Jason Myers (from the ABC link in my opening post). My guess is that LE hadn't officially identified him at the time the NY Post wrote their article or that a reporter was just 'behind the times' and didn't check for an update before posting the story.

Quote Originally Posted by KayElJay View Post
    They are releasing his name. He's been identified as 32-year-old Jason Myers (from the ABC link in my opening post). My guess is that LE hadn't officially identified him at the time the NY Post wrote their article or that a reporter was just 'behind the times' and didn't check for an update before posting the story.
    His facebook name was "IEat Kidz for breakfast"...seems like a disturbed man already.

So horrific!