1310 users online (191 members and 1119 guests)  


Websleuths News


Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 21
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    19,113

    Canada - Richard 'Ricky' Jones, 18, Brantford, Ont, Oct 1975


    A family photo of Richard "Ricky" Henry Jones, who was last seen by family in 1975. (Diane Jones Sanderson)


    http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/hamilt...lege-1.3496022
    Detectives with Brantford Police have talked with four people who remember Ricky Jones, a man last seen by family in the fall of 1975.

    But the conversations haven't led very far in the search for Jones.
    Jones's family approached a local newspaper and Brantford Police put out the word about the decades-old missing persons case earlier this month.
    The four people police spoke to were students at Sheridan College in the mid-1970s, and remembered Ricky Jones, said Insp. David Wiedrick, of Brantford Police.
    "It appears that Ricky attended some of his classes after he was last seen in Brantford in October 1975,"
    Attached Images Attached Images

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    19,113
    http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/hamilt...-man-1.3479147

    "At this stage, due to the lack of information that we have found on Ricky, he is either passed on, assumed a different name or is living somewhere other than Canada," Wiedrick said in an email.

    In many cases, people missing that long have passed away. Wiedrick became concerned Jones may be one of those people. "If Ricky was one of those persons, we may be able to provide his family some closure," he said.
    But ultimately, if Jones is found, it's up to him if he wants to re-connect with his family.
    The unusual story came to light when the man's younger sister, Diane Jones Sanderson, contacted the Brantford Expositor in February 2016, with hopes of finding her brother. The paper then called police who began looking into the request.
    There seems to be very little information about Jones who was last seen in 1975 on Clench Avenue in Brantford. He was enrolled at Sheridan College in September that year and was in the graphic arts or graphic design program.
    According to a description given to the Brantford Expositor by the man's family, in 1975 Jones was "tall and thin, 5-foot-10-inches to six-feet in height with brown hair that curled down to his shoulders that he parted in the middle. He didn't have tattoos or identifying moles but he did have a bit of a cleft chin," the paper reported.

    Anyone with information regarding his whereabouts is asked to call Detective Terry Shipp at 519-756-0113 x 2266.
    "I couldn't believe how many road blocks we had," Wiedrick said
    rbbm
    Attached Images Attached Images

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    19,113
    http://www.brantfordexpositor.ca/201...een-since-1975

    BRANTFORD - Diane Jones Sanderson desperately wants to know what happened to her little brother.
    Richard Jones - known as Ricky - was tall, slim and good-looking when he disappeared in 1975.
    Forty years later, his sister cruises web-pages of missing persons and found bodies in hopes of finding some clue about Ricky's location.
    "At the time the family just thought he was messed up in drugs and had taken off." Diane Jones was young and had her own issues at the time her brother disappeared.

    But, as the years went on with no word from Ricky, she worried.
    Her mother and brother-in-law went to the police, but if an official missing persons report was ever filed, it's been lost over the years.
    After four decades, Diane couldn't even remember if family had talked to the Brantford Police or to a police service near where Ricky had been living at the time.
    "Now it's the computer age and I thought there might be a chance, after all these years.
    In recent years, Diane started looking at missing person sites that document people who have disappeared and unidentified bodies that have been found.

    "It's hard to look at all these cases but they're taking DNA now from these unidentified bodies and there have been several instances of identifying kids from the 70s. I kept waiting to see Ricky's picture there, thinking they'd add it soon."
    The family has some of Ricky's DNA, in case they're ever asked to compare it with a body.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    19,113
    http://www.brantfordpolice.ca/news-m...rom-40-yrs-ago
    Missing Person from 40 yrs ago - News

    March 4, 2016


    In February 2016 a sister of a male that had not been seen since 1975 contacted the Brantford Expositor (Susan Gamble) and requested assistance in locating her brother. Reporter Susan Gamble contacted Brantford Police who did cursory searches of computer databases and could not locate any information of the missing male. Service Ontario and Canada Revenue Agency were also contacted to no avail. Brantford Police are sending out a Tweet with the most recent picture of the missing male provided by the family. It is the investigators hopes that someone may know where the missing male is now living so that police can contact him to advise that his family are looking for him after all these years. Any information to assist in locating a male who has been missing since 1975 would be appreciated.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    19,113
    Bumping for Ricky, somebody has to know where he can be found.
    http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/hamilt...sing-1.3543334

    A family photo of Ricky Jones, taken before he disappeared
    All of a sudden, he was gone'

    The disappearance happened 41 years ago.
    "Back then, there wasn't an internet or anything, for us to know what direction he went in, or what happened, or…"
    But Ricky was an adult, she said.
    "I mean, it was the '70s," Jones Sanderson said. "Brantford was very small and lots of people I know just left, right? You know, traveling around Canada and hitchhiking, stuff like that. So that's possible."
    She said there was no falling out with the family.
    "It was just, he started school. And then all of a sudden, he was gone. And our whole family was in a turmoil with my mother so sick and everything, and everybody rushing back and forth to the hospital."
    "We just kept expecting to hear from him and never did," she said.

    "That could have been his choice. I don't know. Or maybe it wasn't."

    Brantford Police provided a phone number for anyone who has information about Jones' whereabouts: Det. Terry Shipp at 519-756-0113 x 2266.
    Attached Images Attached Images

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    19,113
    Not related to this case, but noticed some small similarities with this missing person in NY and posted this link to his thread.
    speculation, imo.
    http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?159337-NY-Michael-Scott-McLaughlin-21-Syracruse-23-Oct-1975&p=12853466#post12853466
    NY - Michael Scott McLaughlin, 21, Syracruse, 23 Oct 1975



  7. #7
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Pure Michigan
    Posts
    2,180
    Quote Originally Posted by dotr View Post
    Bumping for Ricky, somebody has to know where he can be found.
    http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/hamilt...sing-1.3543334
    This is random I know, dotr.

    Looking at many of these posts where youth went missing in the 70's.
    Often, I recall stories my mother would tell of her hitchhiking to see my father when they were teens ( 17 ) just before they married & I came along. ( 1975 )

    My mom would " thumb it " from the Irish Hills ( MI ) to Jackson/Michigan Center many times a week. She thought nothing of it, being dropped off along back roads. ( wherever my dad was hanging out )

    She wasn't ever afraid as the world was a much " different " place then.

    I often would ask if that REALLY were the case, or maybe our world is just smaller because of SM?

    Anyway,
    my heart goes out to all families of MP.
    I often think of the days BEFORE the Internet...computers even!
    I think of how scared, lost families must have felt. I think about how many folks ( police included ) wrote these kids off as runaways

    I visit nearly every day. One of the first & last thoughts I have with each visit to any missing/unidentified page here is HOW?
    How can a person(s) go missing without a trace?




    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
    Addicted

    Lurking or sleuthing, at all hours of the day & night, many times falling asleep with phone in hand/laptop in lap

    Will NOT be held liable for the following:

    Paragraph Structure
    Grammar
    Appropriate Language
    Using Contractions Correctly
    Correct use of Acronyms ( should I attempt them )
    Punctuation
    Falling asleep mid response


    *terms subject to change without notice*

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    6,668
    Quote Originally Posted by dexter75 View Post
    This is random I know, dotr.

    Looking at many of these posts where youth went missing in the 70's.
    Often, I recall stories my mother would tell of her hitchhiking to see my father when they were teens ( 17 ) just before they married & I came along. ( 1975 )

    My mom would " thumb it " from the Irish Hills ( MI ) to Jackson/Michigan Center many times a week. She thought nothing of it, being dropped off along back roads. ( wherever my dad was hanging out )

    She wasn't ever afraid as the world was a much " different " place then.

    I often would ask if that REALLY were the case, or maybe our world is just smaller because of SM?

    Anyway,
    my heart goes out to all families of MP.
    I often think of the days BEFORE the Internet...computers even!
    I think of how scared, lost families must have felt. I think about how many folks ( police included ) wrote these kids off as runaways

    I visit nearly every day. One of the first & last thoughts I have with each visit to any missing/unidentified page here is HOW?
    How can a person(s) go missing without a trace?
    I knew it was dangerous to hitch because you never knew who would pick you up. When I was about 6 (1971) I saw a guy parked 20 feet from my house masturbating/ exposing himself. I lived near a major city in North Jersey called Elizabeth which was right next to Newark and NY City. Even taking the bus to shop in down town Elizabeth in the early to mid 70's, we knew to be aware of our surroundings. I always made sure I had money for a phone booth.

    In my tweens I could get around on my own with my bicycle, then moped before I drove a car or motorcycle so didn't have a need to hitch. We used to ride our bikes all over. Back in 1980 I used to ride my moped 12 miles to work thru some bad towns, I was very much aware of where I was and that someone could run me off the road and grab me.

    Maybe I had more street smarts then most to know not to hitch because of the guy that exposed himself or because of where I lived. I also used to work alone at our family gas station from 15 on; I'm thankful to be here still. It's why I do what I do now

  9. #9
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Pure Michigan
    Posts
    2,180
    Quote Originally Posted by Roselvr View Post
    I knew it was dangerous to hitch because you never knew who would pick you up. When I was about 6 (1971) I saw a guy parked 20 feet from my house masturbating/ exposing himself. I lived near a major city in North Jersey called Elizabeth which was right next to Newark and NY City. Even taking the bus to shop in down town Elizabeth in the early to mid 70's, we knew to be aware of our surroundings. I always made sure I had money for a phone booth.

    In my tweens I could get around on my own with my bicycle, then moped before I drove a car or motorcycle so didn't have a need to hitch. We used to ride our bikes all over. Back in 1980 I used to ride my moped 12 miles to work thru some bad towns, I was very much aware of where I was and that someone could run me off the road and grab me.

    Maybe I had more street smarts then most to know not to hitch because of the guy that exposed himself or because of where I lived. I also used to work alone at our family gas station from 15 on; I'm thankful to be here still. It's why I do what I do now
    Thanks for sharing this😉
    What an experience, at 6 years old
    Definitely a lot of sickos out there. I would often ask my mother " didn't you realize the dangers? " Her response was always that no one in her family talked about such things. Kind of a scary thought because my grandparents owned a diner all of the kids helped run, and this diner ( still there today ) sits right along US Hwy. 12 ( I think of Brittney Beers, Sturgis MI )

    Being a mother of 2 girls I can't imagine NOT teaching them how to be smart on the street & how to protect themselves.
    Anyway, I best stay on topic.😉 Thanks again for your thoughts😊


    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
    Addicted

    Lurking or sleuthing, at all hours of the day & night, many times falling asleep with phone in hand/laptop in lap

    Will NOT be held liable for the following:

    Paragraph Structure
    Grammar
    Appropriate Language
    Using Contractions Correctly
    Correct use of Acronyms ( should I attempt them )
    Punctuation
    Falling asleep mid response


    *terms subject to change without notice*

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    6,668
    Quote Originally Posted by dexter75 View Post
    Thanks for sharing this��
    What an experience, at 6 years old
    Definitely a lot of sickos out there. I would often ask my mother " didn't you realize the dangers? " Her response was always that no one in her family talked about such things. Kind of a scary thought because my grandparents owned a diner all of the kids helped run, and this diner ( still there today ) sits right along US Hwy. 12 ( I think of Brittney Beers, Sturgis MI )

    Being a mother of 2 girls I can't imagine NOT teaching them how to be smart on the street & how to protect themselves.
    Anyway, I best stay on topic.�� Thanks again for your thoughts��


    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
    I would think that with them working at the diner that they'd know what kind of crazy is out there because diners get all sorts of people coming in after partying all night.


  11. #11
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Pure Michigan
    Posts
    2,180
    Quote Originally Posted by Roselvr View Post
    I would think that with them working at the diner that they'd know what kind of crazy is out there because diners get all sorts of people coming in after partying all night.
    You know, you're so right! I'm sure they did.
    Lord, perhaps my mother was just oblivious to it all..or she really knew and was blinded by love. ( telling us different because when you have 5 daughters..what WOULD you tell them?🙄 )


    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
    Addicted

    Lurking or sleuthing, at all hours of the day & night, many times falling asleep with phone in hand/laptop in lap

    Will NOT be held liable for the following:

    Paragraph Structure
    Grammar
    Appropriate Language
    Using Contractions Correctly
    Correct use of Acronyms ( should I attempt them )
    Punctuation
    Falling asleep mid response


    *terms subject to change without notice*

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    6,668
    Quote Originally Posted by dexter75 View Post
    You know, you're so right! I'm sure they did.
    Lord, perhaps my mother was just oblivious to it all..or she really knew and was blinded by love. ( telling us different because when you have 5 daughters..what WOULD you tell them?�� )


    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
    I looked up Brittney, so sad they never found her. How far was your diner from there?

  13. #13
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Pure Michigan
    Posts
    2,180
    Quote Originally Posted by Roselvr View Post
    I looked up Brittney, so sad they never found her. How far was your diner from there?
    Yes Brittneys case is awful. ( aren't they all? ) The diner is about an hour away on US 12 ( give or take a bit ) It's now called The Patriot Pub & Grub ( Brooklyn MI )
    You have me feeling a bit nostalgic now😉 Freaky story..

    My grandparents lived just up from this diner. If you Google " Port to Port Golf " this is where their house was. ( corner of Mull Hwy & 12 )
    My mom was on to work one day and took my brother and I to my grandparents house as my uncle was there & he was the one to babysit.
    ( strange that I remember this..my brother was in DIAPERS for crying out loud! Lol ) My brother & I are 15 months apart.
    My uncle fell asleep & I had it in my head we were going to see mommy.
    I took my brother and we headed up 12!!
    Could you imagine??
    All I remember was him and I walking a ways, and next thing you know, my uncle comes running, arms flapping!
    Lol!
    Yeah
    I can laugh about it, NOW.

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
    Addicted

    Lurking or sleuthing, at all hours of the day & night, many times falling asleep with phone in hand/laptop in lap

    Will NOT be held liable for the following:

    Paragraph Structure
    Grammar
    Appropriate Language
    Using Contractions Correctly
    Correct use of Acronyms ( should I attempt them )
    Punctuation
    Falling asleep mid response


    *terms subject to change without notice*

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    36
    Any chance he is Delafield Doe? I dont see much chest hair in his pic but I do see some facial similarities.

    https://identifyus.org/cases/7632


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    19,113
    Quote Originally Posted by namstache View Post
    Any chance he is Delafield Doe? I dont see much chest hair in his pic but I do see some facial similarities.

    https://identifyus.org/cases/7632




    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    They appear to have a similar chin dimple and nose. Although the " military style" haircut would surprise me.imo..
    Attached Images Attached Images

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast


Similar Threads

  1. CANADA Canada - Mary Hammond, Brantford ON, 8 Sept 1983
    By dotr in forum 1980's Missing
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 08-07-2017, 09:39 PM
  2. CANADA Canada - Brantford, Ont, 'Baby Parker' Male Newborn 2673UMON, Jul'05
    By JusticeWillBeServed in forum The Unidentified
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-16-2016, 06:54 AM
  3. CANADA Canada - Eric Jones, 18, & Richard Hovey, 17, Toronto, Ont, 1967
    By outofthedark in forum Cold Cases
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 04-06-2016, 12:41 PM
  4. Found Alive IL - Richard “Ricky” Chekevdia, 2007
    By gitana1 in forum Located Persons Discussion
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 04-17-2012, 01:21 AM

Tags for this Thread