794 users online (113 members and 681 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Australia - MK, 15, raped and died in foster care, Westmead NSW, 21 April 2014

‘Girl X’ was raped and died in foster care facility, court hears
    staff writers
    news.com.au
    August 29, 2016 2:00pm

A GIRL who was allegedly repeatedly raped at a Sydney foster care facility by two youth workers carved ‘I hate feelings’ into her leg before she died, an inquest has heard.

The 15-year-old, known as ‘Girl X’, was found dead of a drug overdose two weeks before one of the alleged offenders started trial.

The girl, who can’t be identified for legal reasons, died from a likely overdose of speed and heroin in The Children’s Hospital at Westmead on April 21, 2014, after years of being “used and abused” by those who should have been caring for her, counsel assisting the inquest Donna Ward told the Glebe Coroner’s Court on Monday

http://www.news.com.au/national/nsw-...114a5b77eb2e53
    Posts are my opinion/speculation with the exception of relevant source material

The information contained herein is not to be reproduced or reprinted outside of Websleuths.com without my written permission

"MK was allegedly raped by two male carers at a youth refuge in Sydney when she was 14, and she died weeks before she was due to testify against one of them.

Family and Community Services Minister Brad Hazzard last week said he was extremely concerned that a youth worker had not faced court over allegations he repeatedly raped the teenager."

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-08-2...adults/7794608

:'(

Sorry, the ABC is referring to her as MK and I'm not sure if that's a suppression issue or something. Same girl though.

Quote Originally Posted by Madge_Ick_Dike View Post
    Sorry, the ABC is referring to her as MK and I'm not sure if that's a suppression issue or something. Same girl though.
    Yes, Madge, her initials are MK.

Poor little love.

Unauthorised visitors to youth home where 15yo girl overdosed was 'beyond the control' of staff, caseworker says
    ABC News
    By Lucy Carter
    Updated Tue Aug 30 20:37:05 EST 2016
    Posted Tue Aug 30 15:39:06 EST 2016

'A caseworker at a youth group home where a 15-year-old died of a drug overdose, has told a coronial inquest staff often had no control over who was coming in and out of the facility.'

'A caseworker at the now closed Gordon House group home at Pennant Hills where MK spent her final year, has told the inquest her facility struggled to stop youths and adults from sneaking in and spending the night with the children in care.

She said she was concerned the home "was becoming a drop-in house, where people could come and go as they pleased ... at all hours".'

'She agreed with Counsel Assisting Donna Ward who suggested that "access to house was beyond the control of the workers".

The female caseworker, who cannot be identified for legal reasons, said she would sometimes find up to 10 extra people in a resident's room.'

'The caseworker said there was another girl in care at Gordon House who was so concerned about "the goings on" in the facility that "she would lock herself in her room".

The inquest has been shown CCTV from the night MK overdosed on a toxic injection of ice and heroin known as a "speedball", where at least six young men can be seen climbing into Gordon House through a window.

The inquest is expected to last for a week.

Family and Community Services Minister Brad Hazzard last week said he was extremely concerned that a youth worker had not faced court over allegations he repeatedly raped the teenager.'

http://mobile.abc.net.au/news/2016-0...rdosed/7797054

Child abuse royal commission to probe alleged rape of teen at Sydney foster home
    By Danuta Kozaki
    Updated Mon Aug 29 14:30:01 EST 2016
    Posted Mon Aug 29 10:13:35 EST 2016

'The New South Wales Government has asked the royal commission into child sexual abuse to investigate allegations of further abuse at a foster care home in Sydney following the death of a 15-year old girl.

Key Points

• 15yo allegedly repeatedly raped at Sydney foster home by worker in 2012

• No charges have been pressed against the accused care worker

• The centre in question has had its contract extended since allegations made

The Director of Public Prosecutions (DPP) is reviewing a case where charges were not pursued against a youth worker who allegedly raped the teenage girl in foster care in 2012.

Family and Community Services Minister Brad Hazzard last week said he was extremely concerned that a youth worker had not faced court over allegations he repeatedly raped the teenager while she was living in a care facility.

http://mobile.abc.net.au/news/2016-0...ations/7793490

Teenage girl who overdosed in state care was 'horribly abused by adults', inquest hears
    ABC News
    By Lucy Carter
    Updated Wed Aug 31 17:00:08 EST 2016
    Posted Wed Aug 31 15:23:46 EST 2016

'The NSW Government caseworker for a 15-year-old girl who died of a drug overdose while in state care has told an inquest she was a "textbook" example of a traumatised child.'

'Her Family and Community Services (FACS) caseworker, up until a few months before her death, told the inquest MK was "by far the most complex circumstance" he had seen in his 26 years working with children in care.'

'Dr Chris Lennings, a psychologist employed by FACS, echoed the caseworker's claims, saying there was not enough funding to deal with deeply traumatised children in NSW.'

http://mobile.abc.net.au/news/2016-0...-child/7802176

The information contained herein is not to be reproduced or reprinted outside of Websleuths.com without my written permission

Quote Originally Posted by Bohemian View Post
    Child abuse royal commission to probe alleged rape of teen at Sydney foster home
    By Danuta Kozaki
    Updated Mon Aug 29 14:30:01 EST 2016
    Posted Mon Aug 29 10:13:35 EST 2016

'The New South Wales Government has asked the royal commission into child sexual abuse to investigate allegations of further abuse at a foster care home in Sydney following the death of a 15-year old girl.

Key Points

• 15yo allegedly repeatedly raped at Sydney foster home by worker in 2012

• No charges have been pressed against the accused care worker

• The centre in question has had its contract extended since allegations made

The Director of Public Prosecutions (DPP) is reviewing a case where charges were not pursued against a youth worker who allegedly raped the teenage girl in foster care in 2012.

Family and Community Services Minister Brad Hazzard last week said he was extremely concerned that a youth worker had not faced court over allegations he repeatedly raped the teenager while she was living in a care facility.

http://mobile.abc.net.au/news/2016-0...ations/7793490
    I'm so sorry for what this young lady has gone through it is horrific. Why are the monster care workers who committed these horrific acts not in jail? It seems to be a common theme in Australia that sex offenders and rapists are not prosecuted severely enough.
    The man in my avatar may have killed two innocent teenagers Abigail Williams and Liberty German. If you know who he is Please call the tip line. There is a reward of $250,000 - Tel- 844.459.5786 or email: abbyandlibbytip@cacoshrf.com

The dead cannot cry out for justice. It is a duty of the living to do so for them. Lois McMaster Bujold.

Quote Originally Posted by gregjrichards View Post
    I'm so sorry for what this young lady has gone through it is horrific. Why are the monster care workers who committed these horrific acts not in jail? It seems to be a common theme in Australia that sex offenders and rapists are not prosecuted severely enough.
    I am too, greg. If my life circumstances were different, I wouldn't think twice about caring for a young teenager such as MK. Traumatised children need protection, love, guidance and understanding; sadly lacking in this young person's case. Noone; especially children, deserves to be abused in any way. Children are so precious and vulnerable.

I have to agree with the lack of prosecution of the perpetrators of the alleged crimes against this girl (especially in light of the recent review into the original decision by the NSW DPP not to prosecute the perpetrators of the alleged sexual assault and murder of Lynette 'Norma' Daley). I also agree with the FAC's psychologist's assessment of the lack of resources for traumatised children, and children at risk in NSW generally. The NSW DPP and FACs need Royal Commissions into their handling of allegations of child sexual abuse.
    Last edited by Bohemian; 08-31-2016 at 07:44 PM.

Is it against TOS to express my opinion that the paedophile network in Australia goes right to the top layers, with plenty of protection for these monsters. If it's breaking the rules to say that there are organisations hidden in plain sight in Australia whose sole purpose is to sexualise, abuse, traffic, and sometimes hurt and kill little children.
    Because if it is, I'll still say it. There are paedophile rings throughout this country and they all protect each other.

And with regard to MK - I went to boarding school. yes we weren't damaged or vulnerable children , but they managed to keep the doors and windows locked and the grounds secure!!!! How are these kids protected if they're taken off their parents only to be put directly in harm's way???? Ridiculous.

Girl X's family sob as they remember her: 'It really, really hurts'
    The Guardian
    Australian Associated Press
    Thursday 1 September 2016 17.54 AEST

'Relatives were not fully aware of alleged horrors teenager suffered while in care until they heard details at inquest'

https://www.theguardian.com/australi...y-really-hurts

Girl X: child services failed vulnerable teenager, inquest told
    The Guardian
    Australian Associated Press
    Friday 2 September 2016 13.18 AEST

'‘Systemic failings’ ultimately led girl to drug abuse and a ‘dangerous life’, council assisting says in closing address'

'At 12 months old the girl was removed from her home. She then moved through a series of failed placements before she was sent to an inner-Sydney shelter. She was allegedly raped by two carers there, and charges were laid against one.'

https://www.theguardian.com/society/...r-inquest-told

poor little girl

Quote Originally Posted by Madge_Ick_Dike View Post
    poor little girl
    Yes, the whole sorry saga and the effect on this girl are heartbreaking, Madge.
    Last edited by Bohemian; 09-05-2016 at 09:44 PM.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast